Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

yeah, i had to edit the updater-script, i also noticed it has no boot image included, which i found kind of strange.

I never noticed the missing boot img but I guess there isn't much boot.img editing going on with the closed sources so all romsare made to work on the same configuration?

Any ideas how to allow the market to download any size file I cant find the option! It won't let me download YouTube or Gmail unless I connect to wifi, I'm on three for God sake let me use my unlimited ha ha.

Edited by Frankish

Hey Frankish,

Can you please post a step-by-step guide on how to customize the X9? Perhaps you could edit your first post for that. Newbies like me will need a little bit of help and guidance.

go to settings / about

press check for system update, and you should see what version your on.

I have already checked but I see: G800_Z5_YG_C1_V0.2_20130718 which version of Cai OS is this?

Guest Frankish

Wow a great start Tillaz is this using the CaiOS rom as a base? Surely we can use AOSP'ish dialers, messaging etc from other MTK6589 phones? Is that what you're doing?

On a side note my MIUI installs apps automatically to sdcard and then on a reboot the apps move position. If you move them to internal they don't move anymore on a reboot.

Hi I was considering doing that and decided not to I will if it will help someone? Have you got one or are you considering getting one?

I've got mine yesterday! Quite exiting but I'm also hesitant to flash the X9 as good instructions are lacking out there. So you would plug a whole and do a great favor.

Can someone help me?

I have tried enable face unlock but I receive an error that say that is impossible open the app camera , so I have tried to do a videocall with skype but this use the back camera.

If I use the camera app I can select only back camera to make photo is normal this?

Is my front camera dead or the stock rom has a bug?

Your X9 camera work correctly?

My front camera worked just fine on stock rom and on miui! Not tried face unlock though yet.

If you launch the app camera (with stock rom) can you select which camera use? In my phone this is not possible is as if there was back camera.

I have a multilanguage rom, is possible that there is a bug in software?

I've got mine yesterday! Quite exiting but I'm also hesitant to flash the X9 as good instructions are lacking out there. So you would plug a whole and do a great favor.

You can use v987 flashing guide:

Thanks for the pointer and your work, dakok.

Is the v987 flashing guide confirmed to work with the X9?

Over at XDA the write something about a SP Flash Tool. Has anyone used that before - preferably with the X9.

Thanks for the pointer and your work, dakok.

Is the v987 flashing guide confirmed to work with the X9?

You didn´t mention rooting & cwm, so I understood you already have them on.

My topic is a general guidance for any mtk phone that has root & cwm

@frankish

Great job, mate!

A big thank you!

2a. First step is you need to download the tools pack i've put together. Click here to download it. Extract this zip file somewhere like your desktop. There will be 3 files inside. Driver, Auto Root and a CWM Recovery .img.

Do I have to sign up to 4shared.com to get the files? It seems that I cannot download them without going through the hassle of opening a new account.

Guest Frankish

Let me know how it goes and no you don't need an account to download I've used it before and never had an account will test now though.

Hmm seems you do need an account now! Would have used media fire but it was playing up at the time. Any other suggestions?

Dropbox link for now until I get it sorted.

http://db.tt/AKSV14fz

First post updated using multiupload to enable most availability.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

I've found a THL W100 port and it's quite a nice rom close to stock. Had to remove a few bits and bobs that were not needed but it's much nicer than the CaiOS rom. Also made some GPS tweaks not tested extensively but seems better! :)

Main annoying thing is the lockscreen has a massive THL logo and colourful icons. No idea how to enable AOSP lockscreen doesn't seem as simple as disabling the provider lockscreen like on some devices.

Edited by Frankish

i will be posting a AOSP rom soon, just got a few things to clean up, :)

Edit:

not sure if anyone has the same issue, but i had forgotten how creaky phones with removable back covers can be...

i have solved the creakinesses by folding some paper a few times and putting it inside the back cover, now it feels solid as a rock...

just thought i would say, as it really gets on my nerves lol.

Guest Frankish

i will be posting a AOSP rom soon, just got a few things to clean up, :)

Great will it be today? If so i'll avoid putting any more effort into this w100 port? I couldn't keep using MIUI with the weird storage bugs etc.

Guest Frankish

Xiaocai X9 THL W100 Rom Port

post-449642-0-90492200-1379261252_thumb.post-449642-0-37972000-1379261254_thumb.post-449642-0-52194500-1379261255_thumb.post-449642-0-83390800-1379261256_thumb.post-449642-0-53572000-1379261257_thumb.post-449642-0-17246800-1379261258_thumb.

This is a port of the THL W100 rom. It was initially ported by "ludoo" from over at XDA but seemed to be a direct port with no bloat removed. As you can see it's pretty close to AOSP, not quite there but much better than the CaiOS rom! Everything works as it has more or less the exact same hardware.

What i have done. (Not much!)

Removed apps i deemed unnecessary.
Added Apex as launcher.
Disabled statusbar transparency in build.prop (only seems to work with some launchers anyway).
Build.prop gps tweak (Thanks to dakok confirmed working on other 6589 handsets).
UK gps.conf added.
Insecure boot.img so can mount system writable.
Nexus Boot Animation.

The only bit i can't figure out is how to get the damn AOSP lockscreen on! For now i select "Disable Lockscreen" under "Security" menu and install Holo Locker from the market and it appears like AOSP. :)

Usual precautions apply. Make a backup of your stock rom first and don't blame me if your toaster turns into Terminator and makes you eat sprouts.

Download the ROM! V1.1

Feel free to ask any questions. :) Edited by Frankish