[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest edwardecl

Has anyone found a solution to getting the default text to speech engine (Google) working? Apart from the random reboots (with official bootloader unlock), this is the only annoyance, everything else works great :). I tried a recent build (Sep 28th) and the problem still persists and I don't see many other people mentioning it :/.

Guest plewis1981

Has anyone found a solution to getting the default text to speech engine (Google) working? Apart from the random reboots (with official bootloader unlock), this is the only annoyance, everything else works great :). I tried a recent build (Sep 28th) and the problem still persists and I don't see many other people mentioning it :/.

I have never had any problems with Google tts but I use the core gapps package rather than the one linked in the first post, hear is a link to the xda thread, hope this helps :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2387878

If you don't want to do a full are install you could extract the Google tts apk and try flashing it,

Edited by plewis1981

Guest twain1979

Has anyone found a solution to getting the default text to speech engine (Google) working?Apart from the random reboots (with official bootloader unlock), this is the only annoyance, everything else works great :). I tried a recent build (Sep 28th) and the problem still persists and I don't see many other people mentioning it :/.

i have the same problem but i don't use the Google voice search and i whaiting the solution for this and then i Will be happy

Edited by twain1979

Guest edwardecl

I have never had any problems with Google tts but I use the core gapps package rather than the one linked in the first post, hear is a link to the xda thread, hope this helps :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2387878

If you don't want to do a full are install you could extract the Google tts apk and try flashing it,

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. Managed to fix it (installed latest version of clockwork, cleared cache, copied all the files from internal to external SD now the storage thing seems to have been sorted, installed latest nightly, reinstalled GAPPS same version) and all is well. So a combination of one or all of these things fixed it without needing a complete reinstall.

Just didn't want to try to fix something that could possibly not be fixed if it was a common problem. Happy now :).

Guest MrPuddington

if i install gapps the phone doesn't boot

Edit: nevermind it just takes a little bit more. btw, nice work

How long does it take? Waiting 20 minutes now... and I wonder whether I should start over. 

Guest Tardelo
Hey guys, i just wanna ask:

Some one here uses Viber? are you having problems with Viber? In this room when I try to call througt the Viber, the microphone stops working, and the sound of the call stops too.
I can only solve the problem by restarting the phone.
This only happens in CyanogenMod 10.2.

Thanks
Edited by Tardelo

Guest dalyer

Hey guys, i just wanna ask:

Some one here uses Viber? are you having problems with Viber? In this room when I try to call througt the Viber, the microphone stops working, and the sound of the call stops too.
I can only solve the problem by restarting the phone.

This only happens in CyanogenMod 10.2.

Thanks

Yes - search the thread for "viber" and there are three post that mention problems with it on this ROM.

Guest kokesil

Do you know if you are going to get to run streaming video and HTML5 in cm10.cm10.1cm10.2? I say this because it is the only thing I see missing because the rest unless everything goes perfectly clear thanks dazzozo camera

Guest Keshavkrs

after the 4th October update I couldn't sign in with Google account it just says couldn't connect to server.... anyone else having this problem..... even after full wipes and latest cwm recovery

Edited by Keshavkrs

Guest wards5150

after the 4th October update I couldn't sign in with Google account it just says couldn't connect to server.... anyone else having this problem..... even after full wipes and latest cwm recovery

I had this on an earlier build wiped everything and installed again and worked fine after that.

Guest MrPuddington

I can't get Link2SD to work on this ROM. The SD card is partitioned with a second partition formatted as ext3 (in an external reader, Android does not seem to export the full device), but Link2SD gives an error for the mount script. I assume the ROM supports ext3? Then I wonder what the problem is. 

Guest Keshavkrs

the recovery doesn't seem to do a full wipe because i did a full wipe and installed the ROM without Gapps but they are still present in the fresh ROM ....

Guest wbrambley

I can't get Link2SD to work on this ROM. The SD card is partitioned with a second partition formatted as ext3 (in an external reader, Android does not seem to export the full device), but Link2SD gives an error for the mount script. I assume the ROM supports ext3? Then I wonder what the problem is.

How much free space do you have in /system partition?

Guest MrPuddington

How much free space do you have in /system partition?

Good point: 4k. So that could be the problem? 

But I deleted the life background apk, and now /system has 1MB free. But I still get the same error message:

"mount: Operation not supported on transport endpoint"

I guess something could have gone wrong during the gapps installation - it did hang, and I had to reboot. But I fail to see how that could have an influence on the mount script. 

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest wbrambley
Good point: 4k. So that could be the problem? But I deleted the life background apk, and now /system has 1MB free. But I still get the same error message: "mount: Operation not supported on transport endpoint" I guess something could have gone wrong during the gapps installation - it did hang, and I had to reboot. But I fail to see how that could have an influence on the mount script.
Try mounting /system r/w using a file manager. If that works flip over to link2sd and try creating mount scripts again. Other than that fix permissions? Might help. Do you have any other partitions on your SD card? Edited by wbrambley

Guest MrPuddington

Try mounting /system r/w using a file manager. If that works flip over to link2sd and try creating mount scripts again. Other than that fix permissions? Might help. Do you have any other partitions on your SD card?

Still the same problem. I wonder whether something is wrong with vold. fdisk says that the partitions do not end on a cylinder boundary, but as far as I can see it is wrong. tune2fs is happy with the ext3 partition (179:98). It is the second partition on the SD card - and there is no further partition. Should I have three? Someone recommended creating a swap partition, although I wonder whether that does any good. 

Guest wbrambley

Still the same problem. I wonder whether something is wrong with vold. fdisk says that the partitions do not end on a cylinder boundary, but as far as I can see it is wrong. tune2fs is happy with the ext3 partition (179:98). It is the second partition on the SD card - and there is no further partition. Should I have three? Someone recommended creating a swap partition, although I wonder whether that does any good.

Hmmm, align partitions and make sure they are both primary partitions.

I use a swap partition, may be a placebo effect but I think it's faster when using multiple apps.

Guest Rahul_K
Hi, I am using Huawei ascend g300. I rooted my phone and installed 4.2.2(Cyanogenmod 10.1). To upgrade to 4.3(10.2) what process I need to follow? Do I again need to root phone, unlock bootloader, install CWM and then install this latest ROM? Please help.
Thanks.

Guest MrPuddington

Hmmm, align partitions and make sure they are both primary partitions.

I use a swap partition, may be a placebo effect but I think it's faster when using multiple apps.

I tried that - swap partition, cylinders aligned, formatted on Android etc, but still the same.

It seems this a message coming from SElinux. Any idea why SElinux is interfering? I thought it was switched off in this build? 

Guest GHE_1908

Hi, I am using Huawei ascend g300. I rooted my phone and installed 4.2.2(Cyanogenmod 10.1). To upgrade to 4.3(10.2) what process I need to follow? Do I again need to root phone, unlock bootloader, install CWM and then install this latest ROM? Please help.
Thanks.

No, I would recommend doing a factory wipe, but you can just format /system, flash cm 10.2 and 4.3 gapps