[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Installed it 4 hours ago, and it looks really good. I only had one problem: the dock in the stock launcher was missing (no drawer icon) so I had to install nova. No biggie as I would have installed nova anyway, but I am curious if this is a common error with the launcher or I was unlucky.

Same problem... new apps (google restores previous apps) appear in the desktop but the app drawer, the phone icon, etc, are missing.

I even did a factory reset from CWM after upgrading, but still Trebuchet is a lame duck.

Settings, apps, all apps, trebuchet, force stop & erase data, press HOME fixed it.

Edited by samjam

Guest kubikmar

Give info about the application Trebuchet and erase data - Force Quit, then the Home button, and it should be fine. it helped me.  The tile button is Torch In a clean installation.

Edited by kubikmar

Guest Dazzozo

Wow, the hynix fix worked? Awesome.

It was kinda "turn the nightlies on and hide behind the sofa". Getting a guinea pig proved impossible.

Sorry again to anyone who lost a device because of it, there was really no way to know at all. These things even happen during the manufacturing of devices but obviously it has far smaller consequences then.

Guest Dovahpig

Can anyone tell me if:

Caller ID lag still present?

In call audio distorted or normal?

How much free system RAM after first boot?

Camera and video recording working properly?

And what is the default storage, internal or sd?

Thanks.

Guest qwertyu123

Hello Daz,

Thanks for you ROM again!

I just want to report a small glitch in case it helps your development.

I'm using nightly 20131106 and I had some screen corruption issue.

I just return from config menu to home screen and all the letters appeared like this.

In order to try to solve it, I returned to config menu (which looked ok) and back to homescreen several times, switched off the screen and it looked nothing happened, it still looked wrong. Eventually, a few seconds later the home screen letters looked ok again.

It only happened once until today.

See below a screenshot I could take.

http://tpnotallowed.com/r/9vgrd2/5

Guest Balerion

Can anyone tell me if:

Caller ID lag still present?

In call audio distorted or normal?

How much free system RAM after first boot?

Camera and video recording working properly?

And what is the default storage, internal or sd?

Thanks.

Im not sure what you mean by caller ID lag, but so far I could hardly notice any lag on this ROM.

Call audio is normal.

I get 140MB+ of free ram on first boot, but after some time using different apps I get around 80-60MB.

m7jo.png

Camera is super fast, I havent tried video recording but I am sure it works.

You can choose your default storage, by default it is your internal memory but I switched to SD card.

Edited by Balerion

Guest Dovahpig

Cheers, all previous CM sufferd with sound distorsion when talking to someone and that was a deal breaker for me.

Also Caller ID lag present in any rome which is not gingerbread based

Guest DuneDweller

that's a lot of RAM to lose if it's non-recoverable, or is this normal -- the apps just leaving stuff in cache?

which can easily and quickly be recovered

Guest MPuleston

Hiya,

I got a Huawei U8815 and I want to install CyanogenMod 10.2 into it. But I have zero experience in this game.

Where can I find an idiots guide to install 10.2 on my U8815?

Cheers.

Guest MPuleston

Hiya,

I got a Huawei U8815 and I want to install CyanogenMod 10.2 into it. But I have zero experience in this game.

Where can I find an idiots guide to install 10.2 on my U8815?

Cheers.

You'll need to:

To be honest if you are new to all of this then you should spend some time reading up on all of the above first before doing anything. Everything you need is covered in detail elsewhere. Just be careful about posts that are old and maybe out of date or there are better ways of doing things (e.g. avoid changing/zeroing your IMEI as suggested by some posts, do an official bootloader unlock rather than an unofficial one etc.)

Flashing a custom ROM is at your own risk. If you know what you are doing the risk should me small - and if you don't know what you're doing then the risks will be higher.

Edited by dalyer

Guest nxkealen

Mpuleston, be shure to do a nandroid backup with cm before flashing anything , also check baseband to see witch roms are compatible with your device , or use  ics to gb patch if needed . And reed many topics of custom roms , so you are shure wath you want from your custom rom , longer standby time , overclock for playing games  etc......

Guest always_me

You'll need to:

To be honest if you are new to all of this then you should spend some time reading up on all of the above first before doing anything. Everything you need is covered in detail elsewhere. Just be careful about posts that are old and maybe out of date or there are better ways of doing things (e.g. avoid changing/zeroing your IMEI as suggested by some posts, do an official bootloader unlock rather than an unofficial one etc.)

Flashing a custom ROM is at your own risk. If you know what you are doing the risk should me small - and if you don't know what you're doing then the risks will be higher.

Don't works download gapps.

Mpuleston, be shure to do a nandroid backup with cm before flashing anything , also check baseband to see witch roms are compatible with your device , or use  ics to gb patch if needed . And reed many topics of custom roms , so you are shure wath you want from your custom rom , longer standby time , overclock for playing games  etc......

Good point! I've edited my post to mention backing up. Please note that my post is not a comprehensive guide to doing this. Just an outline

Don't works download gapps.

Huh!??!  :wacko:

Edited by dalyer