[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest george109

Say what?

:huh: For all of those who are quoting my post, that Nightlies have been cancelled this was because NIGHTLIES HAD BEEN CANCELLED AT THE TIME THAT I HAD POSTED! :blink:

I cannot tell the future or anything! I am only human!  :wacko:

Edited by george109

Guest oldfella

I tried updating 17/10 to 08/11 and for me it feels "sticky". Its not as responsive and the screen is slow to open after sleeping.

reverted to 17/10 and then had a problem with android.phone.com stopping and eventually had to factory reset - all OK now.

Guest Dazzozo

There's a new recovery build available, on the 3.4 kernel but this time with what we think is the hynix fix.

I don't think we discovered the bug last time until someone used a 3.4 recovery. Was there ever a report of someone bricking with a 3.0.8 recovery?

I kept R3 available this time since I can't guarantee R6 is safe. It has the EXT4 fix though, so if you're having issues with files being deleted etc., that's your fix... unless you're using hynix, then you might want to avoid it if you value your device dearly.

Guest Oscar10ag

There's a new recovery build available, on the 3.4 kernel but this time with what we think is the hynix fix.

I don't think we discovered the bug last time until someone used a 3.4 recovery. Was there ever a report of someone bricking with a 3.0.8 recovery?

I kept R3 available this time since I can't guarantee R6 is safe. It has the EXT4 fix though, so if you're having issues with files being deleted etc., that's your fix... unless you're using hynix, then you might want to avoid it if you value your device dearly.

Edit: okay false alarm hang on sorting things out

Edit 2: okay, what I think happened was recovery drained my battery faster than my USB was charging it...

I do not understand what's happening. Could you explain it in detail? Now I have afraid to update the recovery and ROM. :(
On the other hand, Is possible to build a recovery that would disable the LED light when I charge the phone when it is off?
I can only charge the phone at night and the LED light works 8 hours every day. I fear that it stop working.
Thanks for all your work and sorry for my bad English.
Edited by Oscar10ag

Guest Thefalas

I've tried 20131108 and 20131109 builds and the phone doesn't connnect to the mobile network (i can't call, send  sms or connect to the internet) The problem is fixed when reverted to 20131019. Can anyone give me an explanation or solution. Thank you.

Guest Dazzozo

Okay, new recovery up. False alarm, recovery drained my battery (it uses the performance governor after all) and because the G300 is immature as hell when it has no battery, it caught me at the wrong time and I panicked. Sorry. :p

Same as above applies, hynix people should probably avoid R6+ if they value their device, though the brick bug is hopefully fixed. It uses the same fix that CM uses, but I'm unsure when the brick bug was discovered in the first place. If it was when using a 3.4 recovery, then obviously it would make sense that the new CM builds aren't bricking anybody, because CM never caused it in the first place. Did anyone get bricked while using a 3.0.8 recovery?

That said, it obviously needs testing by someone with a hynix chip... :|

Guest Dazzozo
On the other hand, Is possible to build a recovery that would disable the LED light when I charge the phone when it is off?
I can only charge the phone at night and the LED light works 8 hours every day. I fear that it stop working.
Thanks for all your work and sorry for my bad English.

Unlikely without reimplementing the charge mode. Huawei's charge binary controls the LED itself, so apparently they weren't that concerned by it being on all the time.

Guest ahatomastarday

I wouldn't worry about the LED, they're supposed to work for years. Any phone's battery will degrade completely way before the LED has the slightest chance of dying.

Guest Dazzozo

With new kernel my phone is sim-locked again. Whyyyyy?

That's definitely not caused by the kernel. Please don't make assumptions. The kernel has zero to do with that.

Guest ivansrbin

That's definitely not caused by the kernel. Please don't make assumptions. The kernel has zero to do with that.

ok sorry but i don't know why with 19.10 is not locked. 21.10 is locked and with every newer update

Guest Dazzozo

ok sorry but i don't know why with 19.10 is not locked. 21.10 is locked and with every newer update

I'm having no problems with all of the SIMs I have. It's most likely going to be caused by the big Qualcomm RIL merge that CM did a few weeks ago.

The output of:

adb logcat -b radio

from a reboot could be helpful.

Guest Dazzozo

I think, the time has come to end the CM9 and CM10 monthly builds. :(

CM9 has had no changes since July, and even they were device specific or fixes that don't even apply to us. :p

The situation with CM10 is similar, device specific fixes and translations right back to July, though the most recent change was September 27th.

I also think CM10.1 should soon drop to monthly, as there really isn't much to justify weekly builds anymore.

How about a new category, annual builds. :p

Guest DuneDweller

CM9 has had no changes since July, and even they were device specific or fixes that don't even apply to us. :P

The situation with CM10 is similar, device specific fixes and translations right back to July, though the most recent change was September 27th.

I also think CM10.1 should soon drop to monthly, as there really isn't much to justify weekly builds anymore.

How about a new category, annual builds. :P

Personally, I think those are reasonable positions to take -- I've never moved on from 10.1, but I certainly don't install every weekly "update", because there isn't much of substance, to me, to update. I've not moved to 10.2 as it continues sfaik to have problems with video playback (at least people are still reporting problems with my paid movie player MX Pro and I've not heard of anything adequate to replace it.

But someone, and it might as well be me, will ask the awkward, impolite question:

What next? 

Do we all go out and buy new phones? 

Or do we wait for 4.4?

Not meaning to be impolite, but it's the next logical question if we're moving to "this stage" with other builds

Guest Dazzozo

At the moment it's a bit of a mystery. 4.4 is coming, but I'm not sure what form it's going to take (CM or otherwise).

I am working on the video issues - I'm planning on redoing OMX for 4.4 and those fixes will likely be implemented in 4.3 too.

I don't think it's up to me to decide if you should buy a new phone. :p

Guest ivansrbin

I'm having no problems with all of the SIMs I have. It's most likely going to be caused by the big Qualcomm RIL merge that CM did a few weeks ago.

The output of:

adb logcat -b radio
from a reboot could be helpful.
I bought my phone over one serbian mobile provider so it's locked for every other network except for that one. I couldn't use any other card untill "CM 10.2" came out and it lasted untill "19.10" nightly. After that again I cant use any other card but the one from the provider from which I bought the phone.

Guest plewis1981

Hi daz, I'm running 9/11 build, just a couple of things,

I can't seem to get WiFi tethering to work, it all seems fine on my phone but i cant fined the connection on my laptop or my gf's phone. Also when the phone reboots after switching external sd to default, I get no signal and my carrier label reads "invalid card - no service" rebooting the phone again sorts this out, also there is still a buildup of files in /data/lost+found when switching default storage to sd card.

The log of the shutdown did not save but I have 1 of the reboot

post-reboot.txt

Just had a call and had bad id lag, I left my phone to ring and the name did not appear until I answered the call, its not a real problem for me as i dont get many calls :( lol, but just thought i would mention it :)

Edited by plewis1981

Guest intensedarkness

CM9 has had no changes since July, and even they were device specific or fixes that don't even apply to us. :P

How about a new category, annual builds. :P

Quarterly seems fitting