[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest AsusFreak

BTW: i would advice installing an app2sd-app 1st. I just ran out of memory after installing a couple of apps. Is DS Super App2SD better than AppMgr? Earlier in this thread i read Mounts2SD should be working, but i have trouble downloading it. Maybe need to start all over. Maybe i used the wrong TPT (220MB system-partition ... seemed the best Gen2 >=180MB tpt).

My recommendation: S2E. No issues at all, works like a charm.

Look at the CM 10.1 thread - it's working on CM10.2 as well: Link

Edited by AsusFreak

I just installed this ROM (Thanks KonstaT!). Installed a couple of apps, rebooted after a while, and now i am unable to access the Play store. Wifi says connected. Icon is grey. I can't open a website with the browser. Within accounts, the google account reports sync problems. Could it be because i use 2-step authentication? But why did it work before i rebooted (btw, i rebooted because at some point apps i asked to install didn't come through anymore, so maybe at that time there already was a connection problem)...

Update: tried another app that needs data connection (dutch train app): the app was able to retrieve data ... and i noticed wifi has turned blue again. Now the Play store works again as well.

Update2: same problem after reboot. Starting the same train app doesn't help, so probably coincidence. Forgot wifi and added again makes both wifi and gsm/3g turn blue again...

BTW: i would advice installing an app2sd-app 1st. I just ran out of memory after installing a couple of apps. Is DS Super App2SD better than AppMgr? Earlier in this thread i read Mounts2SD should be working, but i have trouble downloading it. Maybe need to start all over. Maybe i used the wrong TPT (220MB system-partition ... seemed the best Gen2 >=180MB tpt).

Update3: Found that turning on flight mode and turning that off again also solves temp loss of radio's (wifi/gsm). At least that is a fast work around

Sometimes when I turn the WiFi ON the icon stays grey and doesn't change to blue...

so I turn WiFi OFF and ON again and it goes blue.

I'm new at this App2SD stuff so, here it goes:

I installed Mounts2SD but it seems to me that it's not that good, I don't have that much Apps and the /data is already over half and the /sd-ext is only 170MB:

export.gif

It's about 45% to /data and 65% do /st-ext.

Is this normal?

I mentioned that bug way long back...

nobody gave a damn then

now people are pouring in...

After reboot u have to reconnect wifi

Guest Coyote74

In your devices the BT tethering is working? With this rom and also the previous ones i never could use the BT Tethering. The other device is a Sony xperia tablet s and it propertly sees the Blade BT, they connect each other, but internet connection share doesn't work. I don't know why.

Guest szpilasty

Why do you need mount /system r/w, if you do not know what is file manager? There is CyanogenMod File Manager v 1.0.1 included in this rom which can give you root access to all system files. Do not mess to much of you do not know what you are doing. :blink:

Edited by szpilasty

Guest sdrakopo

Why do you need mount /system r/w, if you do not know what is file manager? There is CyanogenMod File Manager v 1.0.1 included in this rom which can give you root access to all system files. Do not mess to much of you do not know what you are doing. :blink:

i can't use system app remover ... it says ''system not mounted'' but in root explorer says is r/w

Guest szpilasty

I do not know what ROM do you have, apparently it is not rooted. All CyanogenMod ROMs are rooted and you can modify them as you like. I just tryed this app and uninstalled system application without a problem. Asked me for root permission before.

Edited by szpilasty

Guest sdrakopo

I do not know what ROM do you have, apparently it is not rooted. All CyanogenMod ROMs are rooted and you can modify them as you like. I just tryed this app and uninstalled system application without a problem. Asked me for root permission before.

post-843731-0-01611300-1386086240_thumb.

post-843731-0-18486200-1386086273_thumb.

Guest dreis911

Is it posible to mount system r/w in this rom ?

Yes. If you have a File Manager with that ability.

I use "Root Explorer" (not the free version). But there are more, just search the Play Store.

Guest sdrakopo

Yes. If you have a File Manager with that ability.

I use "Root Explorer" (not the free version). But there are more, just search the Play Store.

I already use Root Explorer (full version) ,it saws that system is r/w but the system app remover  not

i think it is a problem generaly in 4.3

Edited by sdrakopo

Guest dreis911

I already use Root Explorer (full version) ,it saws that system is r/w but the system app remover  not

i think it is a problem generaly in 4.3

The /system is always "r" (read only) it's you who has to set it to "w" (writable) then, with the Root Explorer you delete what you want to delete.

The Root Explorer doesn't really set the /system as "writable".

It just overlooks the "r" flag in the files and delete/move them anyway.

So, don't try to set the /system with "w" and then go uninstall something because it just doesn't work that way.

If you want to "uninstall" a /system App, then you should use a Special Uninstaller.

Guest sdrakopo

The /system is always "r" (read only) it's you who has to set it to "w" (writable) then, with the Root Explorer you delete what you want to delete.

The Root Explorer doesn't really set the /system as "writable".

It just overlooks the "r" flag in the files and delete/move them anyway.

So, don't try to set the /system with "w" and then go uninstall something because it just doesn't work that way.

If you want to "uninstall" a /system App, then you should use a Special Uninstaller.

all of these are clear to me ...thanks btw My problem is that i cannot use system app remover(i love this app)

Guest szpilasty

@sdrakopo Not working for system apps. I do not understand - superuser granted - why this application can't mount/unmount /system for its needs?... I do not really want to know! :p Yes - it's simple, no ads but can't even do a batch backup, so... There is tons of apps working fine just use something else. ES File Explorer, Titanium Backup etc. ..... You Welcome :D

Edited by szpilasty