[TWEAK] Supercharge the G300

Guest DJPRMF

Hello is the audio update working with cyanogenmod 10.2 ? ... i am currently using it with android 4.3.1 ... and i dont wanna have problems with audio, i only installed the performance and graphics update but i am too scared to proeed with audio :/

Hello is the audio update working with cyanogenmod 10.2 ? ... i am currently using it with android 4.3.1 ... and i dont wanna have problems with audio, i only installed the performance and graphics update but i am too scared to proeed with audio :/

I didn't have tested with CM 10.2. But you can always do a Backup before apply the audio tweak.

If something "goes wrong" is only needed restore the backup. ;)

and what does the audio update really do ? is it really that needed ?

As i write in the main topic, the audio tweak isn't needed. It could improve a the quality of the audio, but that is something that change from ROM to ROM...

Does't hurt to test. You can Nandroid you ROM and try flash the audio tweak.

If something goes wrong is just needed reflash the backup file. See the "help" section and read carefully the topic. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest releaser

I guys... Nice tweaks by the way...

Just have one question.

Looking at add_to_buildprop.sh file in performance zip file for CM Roms I think those lines should be on my build.prop file but I can't see them there although I feel my phone a lot more responsive after applying performance and graphics tweaks.

Were those lines inserted in any other place or something didn't gone well when installing the tweaks?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

The rest of the tweaks should do the job without touch in the build.prop. So you should check the improve in performence even if the  /system/build.prop is untouched.

Some codes in the build.prop could have unexpected results, so its better don't touch there. And, becouse of that, the tweak doesn't change it...

You can, however, add the codes by yourself or running the .sh script. ;)

But do a backup before.

Guest Vladimiros92

Flashed earlier today on CM 10.2 - android 4.3. Performance seems a bit better and Battery has definately improved. More on that in a few weeks of use. Nice work!

Edited by Vladimiros92

• 2 weeks later...

Did you succeed installing it on CM10.2? I always get an error in CWM and the installation fails... I Downloaded the correct version and did everything by the book (or by the first post eheheh)

I've got the latest CWM, downloaded from its thread right here in Modaco, and I can install "any" other .zip with it (at least the ROM updates and GApps, I don't remeber using any other .zip file).

CMW shows the following messages:

Finding update packages...

Opening update packages...

Can't open (then shows the path and name of the file)

(bad)

Installation aborted

Audio does not work! Only buzzes!!! Im on CM 9.1 and uninstall dsp. Audio does not work! Performance and graphic I think is ok.

You must uninstall DSP before install the tweak. But, as the warning says, sometimes the audio tweak could not work...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DJPRMF

Does this work with KiKat Cm 11?

It should, but KitKat is already optimized at best for the G300....

This tweaks will not do many changes in performance on KitKat.

Guest Meglestus

It should, but KitKat is already optimized at best for the G300....

This tweaks will not do many changes in performance on KitKat.

Well that is a dissapointment, I am running antutu atm (Only kitkat rom) and will run again when I have installed the tweaks, I will post the screenshots when I am done!

Edit 1(18-03-14, 11:00) : The Antutu score on kitkat (no other programs running) is: 4149

I will download the tweaks and try again within an hour or 2

Edit 2 (18-03-14, 13:06) : Well This is disapointing, when the last step of antutu is reached, the programm stops, when I start it again I have a score of 3500, i am going to reinstall the rom and everything in a couple of hours (i already had some other problems), and try again.

You can expect the next updat in 3-7 hours, depending on my homework.

Edit 3 (18-03-14, 20:27) : I reinstalled the whole rom and everything and got an score of 4100, I am going to install the tweaks tomorrow due to a lot of homework...

Edited by Meglestus