[GB][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 - Updated 18/11/13

Guest Garnt

Guest Salamin

If you turn off automatic in date & time settings you should be able to set time zone manually.

That's the second report of this happening, if anyone else has this problem can you post the time zone your in so I can investigate as it sets everything right in the UK

Yeah I turned it off, but when I select the option I get FC. It's set in China by default, I'm from Argentina, but I cannot even see the list, it just closes. I was able to change it with the app I mentioned before and now everything is fine, but I'm telling you just in case

Great job btw, I think I'm staying with cm7 instead of superslim!

Guest Salamin

Updated 3/11/13

Updated rom is in first post. For those already running a previous build just flash this patch without any wipes

Patch to 3/11/13 Build - http://www.solidfiles.com/d/598db8f070/

Latest Changes:

Fixed FC when manually setting Timezone

Thanks! Gonna try it

Works perfectly well now!

Edited by Salamin

Guest george109

I haven't read the post, so if this has already been asked, I'm sorry!  :blush: (i'm really busy at the moment  :unsure:)

How do I change the toggle 2G/3G icon to select 2G, 3G and then 2G + 3G - at the moment it only does 2G and 2G+3G but not 3G only?

does anyone know where this setting is?

Edited by george109

Guest Salamin

Use a root explorer to move, rename or delete /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg and VideoRecord.ogg

Thanks, this worked!

I haven't read the post, so if this has already been asked, I'm sorry!  :blush: (i'm really busy at the moment  :unsure:)

How do I change the toggle 2G/3G icon to select 2G, 3G and then 2G + 3G - at the moment it only does 2G and 2G+3G but not 3G only?

does anyone know where this setting is?

In CM settings / Interface / Energy widget / widget buttons there's an option that says "network settings" or something like that (I have it in spanish, I don't know which is the actual translation). There, I got the 2G / Just 3G / 2G + 3G option, check it out!

One more question: Lately, once I finish typing and press the home button, the home screen appears first, and as the keyboard takes one more second to go down, the whole screen moves up. I don't know if you understand: I see the keyboard and the dock on top of it, instead of being covered by the keyboard. I don't know why this started happening lately. Any idea on how to solve it?

I'm kind of spamming the post lol, but it's just so because I'm really liking the rom and I'm using it a lot, so that's when I find these little details, but it's really good!

Thanks in advance

Guest george109

In CM settings / Interface / Energy widget / widget buttons there's an option that says "network settings" or something like that (I have it in spanish, I don't know which is the actual translation). There, I got the 2G / Just 3G / 2G + 3G option, check it out!

One more question: Lately, once I finish typing and press the home button, the home screen appears first, and as the keyboard takes one more second to go down, the whole screen moves up. I don't know if you understand: I see the keyboard and the dock on top of it, instead of being covered by the keyboard. I don't know why this started happening lately. Any idea on how to solve it?

I'm kind of spamming the post lol, but it's just so because I'm really liking the rom and I'm using it a lot, so that's when I find these little details, but it's really good!

Thanks in advance

Mine does this too. I think its beacuse the G300 can only handle one task at a time, as it is single cored. Try overclocking and then see if this speeds it up.

I find that using Touchpal keyboard speeds this up on some ROMs. Try it from the play store (make sure you turn off curve by pressing the pointing finger on the top left), If you also turn off swipe as well, you also get symbols that you can get by swiping up or down on the key. You get used to it after a while. :)

Edited by george109

Guest Salamin

Mine does this too. I think its beacuse the G300 can only handle one task at a time, as it is single cored. Try overclocking and then see if this speeds it up.

I find that using Touchpal keyboard speeds this up on some ROMs. Try it from the play store (make sure you turn off curve by pressing the pointing finger on the top left), If you also turn off swipe as well, you also get symbols that you can get by swiping up or down on the key. You get used to it after a while. :)

Your welcome!

I'm used to the keyboard taking longer to minimize, but it always covered the screen, and this morning everything started moving up before minimizing. It happens with all the keyboards, even stock one. It's just a visual thing, but I'm just wondering what causes it. I'm thinking it could be one of those performance zips I flashed last night, but as I didn't like it, I wiped everything and did a clean install again...

EDIT: I've just changed some settings about the screen indicator and now the screen doesn't move anymore!

Edited by Salamin

Guest xavierve

Hi Garnt, thanks so much for your work !

My g300 has came with GB but after several authomatic wipes I have move to  ICS.

ICS is a bit heavier for this device., so I found your C7 and I downgraded it.

Your CM7 works perfcect !

1) small bug: dragging desktop icon to trash is not actually removing the icon

2) is it possible to make keyboard higger? ... dont want to change to a heavier (MByte) keyboard app.

found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2350716 didnt check if it actually works

ps: sugestiong for newbies -like me-. be more detailled on installation steps ... y did flash the rom and next gapps WITHOUT restart in between ....... guess what :)

thanks again

Guest sultano90

Hi to everybody,

I've a question for you. Has anybody tried usb tethering? It doesn't work on my phone so i'd like to know if there is a solution to this problem.

Hi Garnt, thanks so much for your work !

My g300 has came with GB but after several authomatic wipes I have move to  ICS.

ICS is a bit heavier for this device., so I found your C7 and I downgraded it.

Your CM7 works perfcect !

1) small bug: dragging desktop icon to trash is not actually removing the icon

2) is it possible to make keyboard higger? ... dont want to change to a heavier (MByte) keyboard app.

found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2350716 didnt check if it actually works

ps: sugestiong for newbies -like me-. be more detailled on installation steps ... y did flash the rom and next gapps WITHOUT restart in between ....... guess what :)

thanks again

1. Then your doing something wrong.

2. That's the size of the keyboard were given so unfortunately no.

What wrong with flashing the rom and then gapps without a restart as it installs fine for me.

Hi to everybody,

I've a question for you. Has anybody tried usb tethering? It doesn't work on my phone so i'd like to know if there is a solution to this problem.

Yes, I've never had a problem with it.

Finally tried this ROM for a day, works like a charm. Changed stock launcher to SSLauncher and so far no hiccups apart from non-working mobile data (2030 baseband) and Swift key reverting to stock keyboard. After a couple of restarts, mobile data worked fine. Thanks @garnt for everything you did on this. This is a keeper for someone who wants to use his G300 for daily drive. :) -- any minor problems surely can live with them.

Edited by smweb

Check that SwiftKey is in the internal memory and not in SD card, that caused mine to go back to stock

Good find. It was on SD card. Will try to move and see if the prob persists.

Guest Salamin1

I've noticed that when I'm connected to wifi, leave, and come back to the place where I was connected, my phone doesn't connect automatically as it does with other roms.

Did anyone else notice that?

Have you got the wifi set to turn off when the screens off?  Because I found that it does take a while to reconnect if the wifi shuts down.  If you have try to set wifi to allways on and see if that helps

Guest xavierve

Hi

** KEYBOARD. I have  finnally installed GINGERBREAD keyboard (google play as well). Higher size and same low resources required (ram)

** WIFI ALWAYS ON

1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi settings> and select the menu button again.
2) You’ll be prompted to either scan or select advanced. Select “Advanced”
3) Select “Wifi sleep policy” , and you will have a couple of options to select from. Choose “Never

thanks again Garnt , love this rom

cheers

Guest Patty1961

Hi all,

I really like this ROM!

I am having an issue with Bluetooth though. My Bluetooth Headphones are connected to the phone but the music plays out of my phone's speaker instead of the Bluetooth Headphones. Is there something that I need to do, other than pairing my headphones to the phone, to make it work? It used to work in Jellybean.

If anyone can help I'd be very happy!

Thanks all,

Patrick.

Guest Patty1961

Hi again all,

I've been having a lot of problems with connecting to my laptop using the wifi hotspot on my G300 phone. I've finally figured out how to get it to work. What you need to do is to manually enter the IP address of your wifi connection into the wifi settings on your laptop. I noticed that I could get Skype to work but not my Browser & apparently Skype doesn't use the IP settings whereas your Browser does. By manually putting in the IP settings into the wifi settings on your laptop, all is solved!

I am not sure how to do this in Windows (I use Linux) but there are plenty of people who have put up instructions on the internet. Perhaps someone here, who is more knowledgeable than me, can explain further.

Hope this helps,

Patrick.

Updated 18/11/13

Updated rom in first post

I have rebuild the rom to use the stock GB kernel.  You should be able to install another kernel if you wish, but this is untested so you do so at your own risk (make a backup first).

As a result, the kernel settings will no longer work, but I have included No Frills so you can configure Governor & Scheduler.

There is no over-clocking with this kernel, but I have found the performance and battery life to be much better with this kernel than the previous one.

Rom file will only work on 109808 Baseband, so also flash the patch file if using 2030.

Given the number of changes there is no update patch this time, It's best to do all the wipes before flashing this rom.

Latest Changes:
Now based on stock GB Kernel, should also work with other kernels.

Added No Frills CPU Control as the Kernel Settings will no longer work

Edited by Garnt