[GB][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 - Updated 18/11/13

Guest Garnt

Guest core1024

Try deleting the app data again, and also delete the /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache folder

It's strange that today it's working, but I did nothing about it. As I said It could be Google related and nothing to do with this rom. Thank you anyway. However I do want to know how to enable logcat.

logcat should already be enabled.  In terminal emulator type

su

logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

this should dump a copy to your sd card

If you get any errors post them here

Edited by Garnt

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Very nice job man, I just might stay for a while on this one. Good old CM7, no need for custom apps for lock screens, answer screens, led notifications, power toggles, it has everything I need, and everything works great. Once again, thank you Garnt.

Guest core1024

Odd, anyone else getting this?

Have you installed any of the "tweaks" available on this forum?

No. I just formated everything except /mnt/sdcard1 (I did wiped data, system, cust, sdcard0, dalvik cache) and then installed this zip and the gapps from the first page (before first boot). Then I rebooted the phone with bright new firmware. However I did installed some tweaks on previous roms. I have U8815 with radio 2030. I got kernel 2.6.38.6-pref ZJL@Chinese gibberish Wed Jul 3 23:23:03 CST 2013. I've tried to dial "*#*#2846579#*#*" as this points http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6941710/unable-to-open-log-device-dev-log-main-no-such-file-or-directory

even tried "grep -r '/dev/log/main' /system/etc/init.d/" as the second answer suggested with no result.

PS:

I don't know how Android works, but I do know some linux stuff like upstart, bash, vi, RTFM :)

Edited by core1024

Can you reupload ROM and Gapps into a different cloud storage? MEGA download speeds are terrible in my location...

Changed all the links back to solidfiles.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

How does this Rom compares to superslim? seems good,thanks for sharing!

For me, this rom is much better than superslim, I don't get that annoying bug with low ringtone volume, I have customisable notification power toggles, I don't need led light manager, I can use cool themes, like crystal etc., I can configure lockscreen and answer screen the way I like it, toggle 2g/3g with Llama is working... and I have found 0 bugs so far.

Guest Salamin

For me, this rom is much better than superslim, I don't get that annoying bug with low ringtone volume, I have customisable notification power toggles, I don't need led light manager, I can use cool themes, like crystal etc., I can configure lockscreen and answer screen the way I like it, toggle 2g/3g with Llama is working... and I have found 0 bugs so far.

Sounds good! I'll have to try it then. Is performance as good as superslim? That's what I'm looking for. Where can I get those cool skins? Thanks for your reply!

Gah! There I was happy as Larry with superslim and then this comes along and I might be forced to try it now...

:D

Haha the same happened to me. Happy with superslim, but this is too tempting...

Guest Salamin

It's great by now! Are you also unable to change time zone? This seems to be messing with some things. For example, I recieve WhatsApp messages and it displays a different date from when I send my own messages. Any clue on how to solve this?

It runs really smooth, though

EDIT: I downloaded an app, timezone changer, which seems to have solved the problem... let's see what happens

Edited by Salamin

It's great by now! Are you also unable to change time zone? This seems to be messing with some things. For example, I recieve WhatsApp messages and it displays a different date from when I send my own messages. Any clue on how to solve this?

It runs really smooth, though

If you turn off automatic in date & time settings you should be able to set time zone manually.

That's the second report of this happening, if anyone else has this problem can you post the time zone your in so I can investigate as it sets everything right in the UK