[GB][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 - Updated 18/11/13

Guest Garnt

After a lot of recompiling and "borrowing" stuff from the Chinese versions of CM7, I have finally got a build that appears to work.

post-995207-0-39056700-1381618214_thumb.post-995207-0-64264700-1381618216_thumb.post-995207-0-86490300-1381618218_thumb.post-995207-0-94420300-1381618219_thumb.post-995207-0-70841700-1381618220_thumb.

I have rebuild the rom to use the stock GB kernel.  You should be able to install another kernel if you wish, but this is untested so you do so at your own risk (make a backup first).

As a result, the kernel settings will no longer work, but I have included No Frills so you can configure Governor & Scheduler.

There is no over-clocking with this kernel, but I have found the performance and battery life to be much better with this kernel than the previous one.

Rom file will only work on 109808 Baseband, so also flash the patch file below if using 2030.

Given the number of changes there is no update patch this time, It's best to do all the wipes before flashing this rom.

Installing:
Do the usual wipes before installing

Rom 18/11/13 Build - http://www.solidfiles.com/d/af7d8e4822/

2030 Baseband Patch - http://www.solidfiles.com/d/a253266b58/

Gapps - http://www.solidfiles.com/d/75598e3493/

Use Spirit FM you want FM radio - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059296

Latest Changes:
Now based on stock GB Kernel, should also work with other kernels.

Added No Frills CPU Control as the Kernel Settings will no longer work

KNOWN ISSUES:-

Sim Pin lock is temperamental, turn this off in your existing rom before installing.
Reboot the phone if you get an error when turning on WI-FI tethering.
Logcat don't work with 2030 baseband

Edited by Garnt

Please give us some feedback afterwards, I'd like to know if this rom still has the issues that have been plaguing other builds of CM7 that have shown up, ie, call quality, wifi issues, etc...

Please give us some feedback afterwards, I'd like to know if this rom still has the issues that have been plaguing other builds of CM7 that have shown up, ie, call quality, wifi issues, etc...

At the time of posting this, there have been 31 downloads and no complaints so it's looking good so far  :)  

Guest Swap007

Great rom! Don't found any problem yet, and I have instaled for about 2 days. :-d I think that consume the battery pretty fast, but if you don't play too much it's ok. :-) sorry for my bad english. :-d

Running this rom for a day now, no problems so far everything works.

I was looking for a good cm7 for a long time and finally it's here. Thanks

Garnt this will be my daily for a long time.

I think that consume the battery pretty fast

Regardless of the ROM involved it's necessary to investigate the causes of battery drain before blaming the ROM itself.

For example use tools such as CPU Spy (to check that the CPU is spending most time in deep sleep), Better Battery Stats (to check for wakelocks, alarms/wakeups etc.), Wake Lock Detector (ditto) etc. to find out what could be draining the battery and fix/reconfigure the guilty apps/services or eliminate them.

Could you update ROM download link. It says file not found. Thanks in advance :)

Was uploading a modified version, link works again now

I had not included some build.prop settings, so I have uploaded a new version with these settings (use link in the first post)

For those that already have the rom installed, just flash the patch linked below (no wipes needed)

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/5973e076e4/

Anyone downloading the rom after the timestamp of this post wont need the patch.

I think that consume the battery pretty fast

Don't know what your running on your phone, but I usually get between 24-30 hours battery life.

Edited by Garnt

This rom have chinese kernel, so wifi teather does not work on this or any other cm7 or cm7 based rom... :( Bedak skroz...

Edited by Pyntux

wifi tethering doesn't work, anyone problem with it ? 

Just tried and it did take me a few attempts but it did work, I'll look into this

This rom have chinese kernel, so wifi teather does not work on this or any other cm7 or cm7 based rom... :( Bedak skroz...

Rubbish

Just tried and it did take me a few attempts but it did work, I'll look into this

Garnt,

first step,

wifi tethering on, laptop connected but internet didn't work in my chrome browser.

second step,

wifi thethering off and on , wrote : error (no other error message), and didn't work for me (i tried several times)

thanks for your help, and sorry my bad english.

Garnt,

first step,

wifi tethering on, laptop connected but internet didn't work in my chrome browser.

second step,

wifi thethering off and on , wrote : error (no other error message), and didn't work for me (i tried several times)

thanks for your help, and sorry my bad english.

I have found that if you restart your phone and then turn on the wifi tethering it works first attempt, but if you turn it off you will need to reboot the phone again as it stops working.

For the no internet problem, go to apn settings and add dun to the APN type, save the settings and reboot the phone.

Edited by Garnt

I have found that if you restart your phone and then turn on the wifi tethering it works first attempt, but if you turn it off you will need to reboot the phone again as it stops working.

For the no internet problem, go to apn settings and add dun to the APN type, save the settings and reboot the phone.

APN Settings OK, Internet working in my phone, but wifi tethering doesn't work.

(provider : vodafone hungary)

can u solve the problem ?

thanks for your help.

APN Settings OK, Internet working in my phone, but wifi tethering doesn't work.

(provider : vodafone hungary)

can u solve the problem ?

thanks for your help.

Have you added dun to the APN types? thats to get internet working on your computer, not the phone

Guest fussyfella

I just got a post on this topic -- don't even know how I got added to the list

BUT

I've got an older model Huawei -- U8652 -- not bad, but it runs like a dog -- VERY slow to re-build screen etc

Currently using CM7.2-benru89-v4

any idea what a better ROM might be for that phone?

I'm using CM10.1 for my G300, the U8652 is an old, backup, phone