[ROM] [CUSTOM] PirateDroidV2 (P736E and P736V) **INT2EXTV2+ RUNNING -> 1GB INTERNAL MEMORY**

Guest Typhus_

Guest b3b3rt

hi,

well, i note an other bug this afternoon, when i connect an USB cable, usb debug doesn't start.

of course, option is selected :-)

see you later

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

USB Debug works. Never had any issue with that.

How could I possible develop a ROM, and modify/test new stuff, without USB Debugging working correctly?

Strange that it's not working on your end, that's for sure.

By the way, you're on latest version, right?

It's just that, on earlier versions, USB Debugging is, indeed, working but you have no visual information about it. I've only activated the USB Debugging visual information on V2.3. Have you tried to connect your phone to your PC and tried to launch adb commands to see that, in fact, it's not working?

Guest reedo_17

Hello!

No, you don't have to download anything else. All you have to do is to flash the ROM and, afterwards, access OTA Updater app and...update.

:)

Thanks I installed the rom tried to install the update to 2.3 and when the phone went to install it, it said signature is invalid?

Guest reedo_17

Yes, that is happening. You may ignore it and proceed with the installation.

Thats the problem it doesnt let me proceed maybe i need to update to a newer cwm?

Guest Typhus_

Yes. You could install the update manually but I really think it's better to just update your CWM Recovery. I recommend 6.0.3.7.

Guest b3b3rt

eap-sim doesn't work on FreeWifi_secure, connection time out.

however, after select acces point, wpa_supplicant.conf file contains

netword={

ssid="FreeWifi_secure

key_mgmt=WPA-EIP IEEE8021X

eap=SIM

priority=7

}

this is due to zte update.

i've reset with stock rom freemobile, eap-sim ok.

applying zte update stop eap-sim.

I need eap-sim, it's with regret that i must leave piratedroid ...

Guest ralphigh

well im guessing the INT2EXTV2+ didnt take effect when i installed the rom.... was i supposed to manually do it first or was it part of the installer u made?..

Guest b3b3rt

well im guessing the INT2EXTV2+ didnt take effect when i installed the rom.... was i supposed to manually do it first or was it part of the installer u made?..

prerequisites :

- Format your SD Card with a single FAT32 primary partition (Again, use a partition tool on your computer)

- Access CWM Recovery and partition your SD Card. The second partition has to be 1024MB; EXT3 (or EXT4 if applicable, although I didn't test EXT4...)

INT2EXTV2+ script (it's the script responsible for enhancing your phone's internal memory) requires 100MB of internal memory for each 500MB external...that's why it has to be 1024MB. For more info about the script, click HERE. All credits belong to it's creator, so thank him for this.

Guest Typhus_

this is due to zte update.

i've reset with stock rom freemobile, eap-sim ok.

applying zte update stop eap-sim.

I need eap-sim, it's with regret that i must leave piratedroid ...

Leave PirateDroid? Hmmm....

And what if you replace wpa_supplicant.conf on PirateDroid's Zip, for your stock one, and then flash the ROM? Won't it work?

Better yet, try to replace the file having the ROM flashed and see if it works.

If it does, I could launch a fix through a flashable zip.

Guest Poubex

Hi all,

for EAP-SIM you just have to replace the wpa_supplicant file (NOT the .conf) located at system/bin by the one in the Androim ROM and then flash again

Regards

Guest ralphigh

prerequisites :

- Format your SD Card with a single FAT32 primary partition (Again, use a partition tool on your computer)

- Access CWM Recovery and partition your SD Card. The second partition has to be 1024MB; EXT3 (or EXT4 if applicable, although I didn't test EXT4...)

INT2EXTV2+ script (it's the script responsible for enhancing your phone's internal memory) requires 100MB of internal memory for each 500MB external...that's why it has to be 1024MB. For more info about the script, click HERE. All credits belong to it's creator, so thank him for this.

Thanks alot i guess i missed that on the pre installation ....

DO i have to REFLASH and start from the beginning?

or can i just format and CWM now and it will auto see its there and start using it ? (ill test the first way and then if fails i go second route)

UPDATE ---

k Formatted in windows Fat32.. done

CWM formatted EXT3 to 1024 with a 256 swap -  done

reflashed and fingers Crossed.... 

Well one error dealing with data/data system something has errors but im sure that because i didnt dalvik/cache clear when i reflashed...

good note is I HAVE 750MB internal WOOOT WOOOT lolol and the speed of your ROM is FAR the fastest for this phone... i have used quiet a few..

THANKS a million times....

Edited by ralphigh

Guest b3b3rt

Hi all,

for EAP-SIM you just have to replace the wpa_supplicant file (NOT the .conf) located at system/bin by the one in the Androim ROM and then flash again

Regards

fine, thanks

but after 2.3 update, prob again ...

i don't find apk in this update who contains wpa_supplicant.

waiting next update ..

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

wpa_supplicant is a file that's located at /system/bin/

Replace the one you'll find there, for the one you want.

You can do that by flashing a zip, or manually, using root explorer (or any other explorer with root permission). If you do it manually, just don't forget to put the correct permissions on the file.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

PirateDroid V2.4

*Changelog*

- Completely new Status Bar, Jelly Bean 4.2.2 style

- Minor fixes on Contacts.apk and framework-res.apk

Wipe cache and dalvik-cache, after installing the update and before rebooting the phone. If your coming from V2.3, probably you won't need to wipe anything.

*Disclaimer*

After a month of hard work, I was finally able to completely revamp the status bar. This was not an update on the previous status bar. This was a complete overall modding over the stock Ginger Bread status bar.

All previous status bar were based on AndroIum's status bar, which was based on CM 7.2 status bar. Therefore, and since now your status bar is based on the stock Ginger Bread one, you will no longer be able to see status bar in landscape mode, nor you'll be able to adjust brightness by scrolling your finger on the status bar without expanding it.

Anyway, check out the screens. By looking into them, you'll be able to see all new status bar features. Besides what you'll see, I inform you that you will also have shortcuts to alarms, and calendar, by touching the clock, or the date, respectively.

*Stock Ginger Bread Status Bar*

2pqqpnc.jpg

WOO-HOO!! What an awesomeness of absolutely nothing!

LOLOLOL!!

Great status bar...NOT!

*New PirateDroidV2 Status Bar*

141s041.jpg n2mlph.jpg 23sj4m1.jpg

16s4yh.jpg 4r8dn6.jpg 347b4pk.jpg

25rp274.jpg 2462dza.jpg ic02vn.jpg

wlaip0.jpg iqwtqu.jpg 2d8nreh.jpg

23vepmt.jpg 99hv90.jpg 30ww57r.jpg

313k7d5.jpg x3wwn8.jpg 1sjp51.jpg

205qlx0.jpg35iyo1i.jpg 2dj2cd0.jpg

eqxnye.jpg

*Notes*

Due to a second layout bug, that no one so far has been able to solve it (where the close drag handle gets bellow the toggles, causing a major visual horrible thing), the status bar now always is dropped up/down completely. You'll see what I mean as soon as you start to handle it.

The profile image file has to be stored on your SD Card and, every time you reboot, it will take a few moments to appear.

Flashlight toggle will not work and will FC your status bar. Do not use it. Remove that toggle for the time being. I will try to fix this...although I think it will be quite hard to accomplish it.

Touch any toggle to activate/deactivate it, long press it to access it's settings.

Hope you enjoy this.

Cya!!

Edited by Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

Whats the ETA on new version? Pls preupdate playstore and supersu.

You are able to merge those updates into your system folder.

SuperSU has an option for that, and other apps updates can be integrated on your system by using an app that does that.

Link2SD has that feature. If you install Link2SD, DO NOT, mount the second partition. Just install it, and use it only to update the system apps.

"What's the ETA"... LOL!  :D

Guest gbosh

Quite impressive work you did to the status bar and notification panel:)

Nice seeing someone still working on this device, especially seeing how this ROM is really improving every new version.

Edited by gbosh

Guest b3b3rt

fine, thanks

but after 2.3 update, prob again ...

i don't find apk in this update who contains wpa_supplicant.

waiting next update ..

i don't know why, but after box reboot it's ok for me ...

thanks

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

My friends, I just want to inform you that I will no longer continue to develop this ROM, since, unfortunately, I don't know what else I could implement, in order to upgrade it.

There's one thing I would like to implement but I simply don't know how to do it and, for what I've seen all over the internet, no one does. I'm talking about swipe to kill recent apps. No one, so far, was able to implement that on Gingerbread. Besides, Gingerbread is old and no one seems to care about it anymore.

Anyway, I've enjoyed developing this ROM and I believe that this is the best Gingerbread ROM, at least best looking, available for the Crescent.

I just hope you enjoy it.

It's been cool but now is over.

Cya!

Guest gbosh

CyanMobile had that feature but that was obviously built from source, but there are some apps in play store that can do it.