ZTE Blade III Icecream Sandwich kernel(3.0.x) source code

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
Lol, that didn't take long. :D

Now if only someone could download and mirror it if possible? I haven't been able to download any kernel sources from ZTE in months (nothing but 404 errors).

OK, got it downloaded and mirrored here:

Guest przemvelbenny

Hmmm looks like I did it :)

Try clicking right mouse button on a link ad "save target as...".

EDIT:
Yeah... It's downloading, but every file got 1,3 KB and when i try to open it i get an error.

Edited by przemvelbenny

Guest KonstaT

Nothing but 404's.

Yeah, I've been in contact with ZTE about this for months. They didn't respond to my first five emails, then they claimed it's a problem in my end, now they've forwarded my emails to "relevant colleagues for their appropriate handling". And that was a month ago!

Nice going ZTE - screw GPL. Let's release something a year late - let's put it somewhere where no one can access it. :P

EDIT:

Yeah... It's downloading, but every file got 1,3 KB and when i try to open it i get an error.

That's only the 404 error page. ;)

It might help if also other people would send email to [email protected] and say that they can't access these files.

Guest Snap.IT

Yeah, I've been in contact with ZTE about this for months. They didn't respond to my first five emails, then they claimed it's a problem in my end, now they've forwarded my emails to "relevant colleagues for their appropriate handling". And that was a month ago!

Nice going ZTE - screw GPL. Let's release something a year late - let's put it somewhere where no one can access it. :P

That's only the 404 error page. ;)

It might help if also other people would send email to [email protected] and say that they can't access these files.

Using a proxy in Hong Kong seems to work, but it's horridly slow.

I'll shout when it's done in a week or so. :D

No problem from Germany. Already downloaded the first 4.

A friend from Greece gets 404.

Edit:  I got the first 6.  The others give 404.

Edited by papars

Guest KonstaT
Ok, I got it. Fast Chinese proxy did the job. I guess the great wall of China works in both ways. :P It still doesn't mean ZTE shouldn't get their sh*t together what comes to GPL compliance! It was last December when I first asked them to release this. Didn't bother since because we already had two kernel sources for other atlas40 devices (V889D and Acqua) that work just fine for us.

Looks like that this only adds support for couple of more devices, 'seanplus' and 'roamer2', and what ever touchscreen and camera drivers they need.

Guest KonstaT

this means possible improvement in roms?

No, for actual improvements we would need an official jellybean update and a 3.4 kernel source to go with that. This is only about ZTE finally complying to their legal obligations (a year late!). This should have been released on the day first Blade III's shipped.

What's new in this release, is some low level hardware device drivers. Nothing is currently 'broken' in a way that this would help to fix. This would help if there was to suddenly appear a new Blade III variant that has slightly different hardware (e.g. touchscreen, camera sensor, etc). There's support for bunch of new hardware components in this kernel release (and you can even build a kernel for some new devices from this source).