Android 4.4 Kit Kat

Guest jakonicki93

Guest Snap.IT

but no kitkat, that was my point :) besides that i have optimus one and only thing that i can say is: never again phone from wash machine maker ;)

I've got the 4x and i'm running kitkat, it will eventually be released for the MotoG too but it's not released yet.

Now, the MASSIVE downside to the MotoG is that it has no sdcard slot. For me that is a dealbreaker.

With the 4x i have 16GB on the phone and 64GB on the sdcard, max on the MotoG is 16GB internal but then it's not as cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest huibuhh

Please, KonstaT! Have mercy... ;(

Please, przemvelbenny! Have patience... ;(

(apart from that i promise you that your life won't be any different with KitKat than it is right now. So worry about more important things)

Guest Snap.IT

Please, przemvelbenny! Have patience... ;(

(apart from that i promise you that your life won't be any different with KitKat than it is right now. So worry about more important things)

If anyone wants to compile it KonstaT has working sources for it, you'll just have to change the legacymod local script to include framework/av, display-legacy and media-legacy and change the cm-10.2 to cm-11.0, download the device and vendor for cm-11.0 available at his github and compile it.

I used legacymod to build it for the OT-995 and it works just fine.

Since i have all of the sources downloaded except kernel - device tree - vendor i will do it if there is enough people wanting it, i can't even test it myself though since i don't own the phone anymore (killed a broken phone and gave the other to my granddaughter).

Guest przemvelbenny

Thanks for info :) Sorry for my ridicoulus post, but i'm pretty impatient person. And when it comes to Android on my phone, I'm very impatient ;) Somene wrote that KitKat is optimized for low memory devices. I't made me very curious.

Have just finished syncing sources with PAC-man 4.4, bit late now and crappy laptop will take 3 hours to compile, but barring build errors should have a very alpha 4.4 build tomorrow. Obviously if it did build and boot any credit would be KonstaT as he did all the hard work

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks for info :) Sorry for my ridicoulus post, but i'm pretty impatient person. And when it comes to Android on my phone, I'm very impatient ;) Somene wrote that KitKat is optimized for low memory devices. I't made me very curious.

Well, it's a LOT faster than Mokee which is faster than CM on the OT-995 which also has 512 MB's, it's not just the memory, it is... crisper if that makes sense, everything just happens a LOT faster.

I'll make a CM-11.0 within the next few days, i have some stuff to deal with but i'll do it once i get that done.

Guest Snap.IT

Have just finished syncing sources with PAC-man 4.4, bit late now and crappy laptop will take 3 hours to compile, but barring build errors should have a very alpha 4.4 build tomorrow. Obviously if it did build and boot any credit would be KonstaT as he did all the hard work

Should work fine considering that the framework is taken from CM, which version of the kernel did you use?

Should work fine considering that the framework is taken from CM, which version of the kernel did you use?

Should work fine considering that the framework is takuen from CM, which version of the kernel did you use?

I used kernel branch cm-10.2

Guest djolecs

Looking forward to test it :)

Guest Mark G.

Hey, I can support you with some compiling resources "in the cloud" if you prefer, for ex. 4 hw cores, 4-6 GB ram, and shitty download bandwidth  :D

Just let me know what environment (OS) you want and I make a vm for you under vmware.

Even I can donate you with a small amount of money (for a pizza :) if you seems to be the successor of KonstaT...

Hey, I can support you with some compiling resources "in the cloud" if you prefer, for ex. 4 hw cores, 4-6 GB ram, and shitty download bandwidth :D

Just let me know what environment (OS) you want and I make a vm for you under vmware.

Even I can donate you with a small amount of money (for a pizza :) if you seems to be the successor of KonstaT...

Thanks for the offer appreciate it. Running into build errors at moment, also the PAC-man 4.4 is only for private builds until they get it ready. Will try CM over next couple of days if I get it sorted will arrange the VM stuff it should held with compile time :)

Thanks for the offer appreciate it. Running into build errors at moment, also the PAC-man 4.4 is only for private builds until they get it ready. Will try CM over next couple of days if I get it sorted will arrange the VM stuff it should held with compile time :)

Dam tapatalk won't let me edit, but forgot to mention, I am no dev and all the device configs for blade 3 have been done by KonstaT alone and all the credit is for him breathing life into our lovely cheap Chinese phone.

Guest Snap.IT

Hey, I can support you with some compiling resources "in the cloud" if you prefer, for ex. 4 hw cores, 4-6 GB ram, and shitty download bandwidth  :D

The recommended environment is Ubuntu 12.04 with Oracle JDK 1.6 or 1.7 though i've built it using 13.10 with OpenJDK 7 and that works just fine. OpenJDK is a bit faster but we're talking minutes, not hours.

Since these are test builds that will be rebuilt a lot be sure to set the ccache, it cuts the build time in half for me (though your mileage may vary on this).

Guest Snap.IT

What build errors? Are  you using display-legacy, media-legacy and frameworks/av from legacymod? Your .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml should look like this:

<manifest>
<!-- PacMan replacements -->
<remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/>
<project path="frameworks/av" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_av" revision="cm-11.0"/>

<!-- Local projects -->
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
</manifest>

and your .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <!-- ZTE Blade III -->
    <project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="kernel/zte/msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm7x27a" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="cm-11.0" />

<!-- FM Radio -->
    <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

What build errors? Are  you using display-legacy, media-legacy and frameworks/av from legacymod? Your .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml should look like this:

<manifest>
<!-- PacMan replacements -->
<remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/>
<project path="frameworks/av" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_av" revision="cm-11.0"/>

<!-- Local projects -->
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
</manifest>

and your .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <!-- ZTE Blade III -->
    <project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="kernel/zte/msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm7x27a" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="cm-11.0" />

<!-- FM Radio -->
    <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

Thanks for the response, I checked KonstaT's github and there is no branch cm-11.0 for the kernel which is why I used cm-10.2 and yes I did use the legaCyMod for media and display. I was going to re try this evening but since it is only for private builds at the moment  decided to have go at CM11.  just syncing the source as I type.  The reason compiles take so long is I only have a dual core lap top, I do use CC Cache but dont have a SSD or anything fancy like that just the internal hard drive of laptop.  I use Lubuntu 13:10 and java 1.7

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks for the response, I checked KonstaT's github and there is no branch cm-11.0 for the kernel which is why I used cm-10.2 and yes I did use the legaCyMod for media and display. I was going to re try this evening but since it is only for private builds at the moment  decided to have go at CM11.  just syncing the source as I type.  The reason compiles take so long is I only have a dual core lap top, I do use CC Cache but dont have a SSD or anything fancy like that just the internal hard drive of laptop.  I use Lubuntu 13:10 and java 1.7

There is a branch for cm-11.0 for the kernel too.

https://github.com/KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm7x27a/tree/cm-11.0

Guest Snap.IT

Damn it, Need to look more carefully, when I was checking on his Github was looking at the wrong one.  Right try again :wub:

If you just use the local manuscripts i just posted before you repo sync it will pull all the things you need to build it and everything will be the correct version.

Oh and for CM-11.0 you'll need to change <remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/> into <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av"/> other than that it should be the same for CM as it is for Pac-Man.

Guest huibuhh

Tried to set up the build environment but my hard disk only got 19GB of free space spread on four partitions. Therefore intended to get an old external HD back to work but after 10 hours of fixing bad sectors the Western Digital Diagnostics Tool indicated it would take another 1000 hours so i aborted it thus not even meeting the free hard disk space requirements to compile the rom on my own :/ 

Is anyone of you guys willing to give it a shot not only for the Blade III but for the Blade as well? You know that the Blade has always had a huge community and many people would be very thankful.

If you just use the local manuscripts i just posted before you repo sync it will pull all the things you need to build it and everything will be the correct version.

Oh and for CM-11.0 you'll need to change <remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/> into <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av"/> other than that it should be the same for CM as it is for Pac-Man.

Got my manifests sorted. when I tried to build for CM-11 get the following build error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GN1CyQ75 something to do with libaudio but not sure what yet

SnapIT - Any ideas?

Guest Snap.IT

Got my manifests sorted. when I tried to build for CM-11 get the following build error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GN1CyQ75 something to do with libaudio but not sure what yet

SnapIT - Any ideas?

Commend out this line (on line 31): LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DQCOM_VOIP_ENABLED in Android.mk in the libaudio directory of the device tree.

That'll fix it.

Commend out this line (on line 31): LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DQCOM_VOIP_ENABLED in Android.mk in the libaudio directory of the device tree.

That'll fix it.

Sweet, thanks will give that a go tomorrow, appreciate the help.