Latest hudl update patch (OTA) + modded version (NEW! no assert checks)

Guest glossywhite

Guest Jazman

Hello

I have only just got around to updating the Hudl to 1.3, which I am unable to do at present due to the assert checks on an already rooted Hudl.

I have downloaded the assert skipping update zip provided by @glossywhite (As an aside I cannot find another zip inside the download?)

What I need help with is the adb commands to install the update zip in the correct location on the Hudl and then execute the update.

It sounds simplistic but it is so infrequent that I interact through adb that I have forgotten more that I know!

I realise that I need to be in shell running 'su' to copy this across, but some help with commands will help ;)

C:\Android-adb>adb push update.zip /cache
failed to copy 'update.zip' to '/cache/update.zip': Permission denied
C:\Android-adb>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # adb push update.zip /cache
adb push update.zip /cache
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

Any help will be appreciated

Paul

• 8 months later...
Guest knight451

Does anybody know how to get hudl into flashing mode because my sisters hudl has an android system error. By the way I'm on windows 8.1 and when I try the flashing mode key combination Windows either shows "USB Device Not Recognised" or it infinitely makes the device connected sound.

Any help will be much appreciated with this problem cause I have no more ideas.

I've also tried the update.zip file found on this forum but it fails the assert check

Edited by knight451

Does anybody know how to get hudl into flashing mode because my sisters hudl has an android system error. By the way I'm on windows 8.1 and when I try the flashing mode key combination Windows either shows "USB Device Not Recognised" or it infinitely makes the device connected sound.

Any help will be much appreciated with this problem cause I have no more ideas.

I've also tried the update.zip file found on this forum but it fails the assert check

How are you trying the key combination currently?

Is the hudl currently rooted?

Hello

I have only just got around to updating the Hudl to 1.3, which I am unable to do at present due to the assert checks on an already rooted Hudl.

I have downloaded the assert skipping update zip provided by @glossywhite (As an aside I cannot find another zip inside the download?)

What I need help with is the adb commands to install the update zip in the correct location on the Hudl and then execute the update.

It sounds simplistic but it is so infrequent that I interact through adb that I have forgotten more that I know!

I realise that I need to be in shell running 'su' to copy this across, but some help with commands will help ;)

C:\Android-adb>adb push update.zip /cache
failed to copy 'update.zip' to '/cache/update.zip': Permission denied
C:\Android-adb>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # adb push update.zip /cache
adb push update.zip /cache
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

Any help will be appreciated

Paul

massively late response, but does 'adb devices' show the hudl connected?