[PETITION] Android 4.4 KitKat for acer s500

Guest iAl3x

Guest Tomvl117

Ha, I actually did it by hand. I typed in the mount commands in the terminal, went to the /system folder in Root Browser, found build.prop and opened it with RB Editor (or something like that?), then renamed Acer.Shell.Mode = ENABLED to DISABLED, rebooted and voilá, it worked!

Guest execpwd

Yeah, good to know. I don't really havr enough time now, but I installed rom toolbox and I have an in-built .prop editor... I'm gonna insert the mount lines in terminal emulator and set off the shell from prop.build editor

Guest execpwd

WTF!? Did eventually happen to someone the phone to enter in boot-loop after disabling acershell ? Not even bootloop, it just freezes... Any idea how can I enable acer.shell again ? Maybe from TWRP ?

Guest execpwd

Well, that's exceptional. You were using the stock Acer firmware...?

Yeah. If I wasn't there would've not been that shell available ...

Don't stress yourself anymore. I flashed a cleaner from Acerblogspot and then I used the terminal emulator and prop.editor inbuilt in rom toolbox. It worked.

Edited by execpwd

Guest Tomvl117

Can someone explain how to flash a zip? Like that one cleaner. I never did it and i'd like to know. Thanks!

acercloudmobile

It's a great site. You may want to translate it, but some parts (the more important ones) are also in English.

• 2 months later...
Guest execpwd

Regarding the petition, have you started one? Start one and let's spam de internet with it for signatures. What's the worst it can happen?

Acer laughing and pointing at us ? ... Nah , it's useless , you have to know when to give up

Guest execpwd

i already talked a lot of times to Acer but they wont give any data or said that they dont know for any pending updates 

The truth is there are 'no' pending updates... This phone is going to die with 4.1.2 on it 

• 3 months later...