[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

No, ROMs with the new kernel don't unlock the phone. In fact, it gets relocked if you had it unlocked by using CM10. My advice: don't be so damn cheap and pay to do a proper unlocking.

ahah It was just curiosity, I don't actually need to unlock it right now, if I need it someday I'll do it right. :P

Just one more question, does this 4.4 run faster than the previous ROMs due to its supposed new RAM management, or there's no difference?

Guest m_kosmos

What do you mean it doesn't work?

If GApps compatible with ART it means that apps and libs in the GApps package will work with ART. It doesn't change other part of the ROM and apps to work with it.

I don't suggest to use ART. See: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-441-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-17#entry2181470

1. 7. is a known bug.

2. I don't suggest to use ART. See: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-441-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-17#entry2181470

3. 4. 6. 8. 9. Launcher bugs. Nobody working on it in this community. Try another launcher or wait for CM to fix it.

5. CM bug. Nobody working on it in this community.

Thank you. can you tell me where to write these errors to CM fix them?

Guest m_kosmos

I updated the GApps package: http://goo.gl/6eGqRg

Changes from 2013-12-13:

- Files needed for offline speech recognition in Google Now has been removed. (Saves you 21,8MB in /system in theory. In practice the previous gapps can't fit in the /system so you save only 5,7 MB free space) You can install it as a separate module: http://goo.gl/eYfwwm (works only with en-US locale settings)

- Updater-script now remove /system/lib/libwebrtc_audio_preprocessing.so. It is no longer needed.

You can still install Google BrowserSync Addon for if you use stock/AOSP Browser (download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760975523 )

If you have a previous installation and want to remove files needed for offline speech recognition, install this zip and wipe dalvik cache: http://goo.gl/obslBj

The updated GApps doesn't delete the offline speech recognition files (just doesn't install it), so if you install it as an update, please run the above zip first.

Cheers :)

You can't use the offline speech anyway. Not enough space. I'll think about how to free up, but we need 17MB more space. It's not a small amount.

Mirrors: gapps, offline speech, offline speech delete

if i'm install this and update google search in play market - no bags? or not install speech recognition in update?

you removed only that relate to speech recognition? nothing more??? :)

if i'm install this and update google search in play market - no bags? or not install speech recognition in update?

you removed only that relate to speech recognition? nothing more??? :)

The files what I removed is for OFFLINE speech recognition. (What would work only for en-US locale and doesn't work anyway because not enough space on /system to install it completely)

Every other thing should work fine.

(sorry for double post)

Edited by rhen

if my location ru - doesn't install this?)

You need the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-purge_offline_speech-signed.zip first if you update your gapps.

Then you need the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-stripped-signed.zip if you update from an older version than pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131213-stripped-fixed-signed.zip.

After you have installed it, wipe dalvik cache and that is it.

Don't install pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-offline_speech-signed.zip!

This is for OFFLINE speech recognition only and doesn't work because of not enough space on /system partition! You need min 22MB free space on /system to able to install it completely! If you can free up some space and able to install then you can use it if you change your locale to en-US.

So default is that nobody need the OFFLINE speech package!

Edited by rhen

Guest ac_lourenco

In ICS we have this line in build.prop about the mms:

"ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=false" - or true

If I wrote this in the build.prop the phone will crash?

In ICS we have this line in build.prop about the mms:

"ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=false" - or true

If I wrote this in the build.prop the phone will crash?

Do a nandroid backup and try it. ;)

Guest JotaCarvalho
Hi people, i have been visiting this forum and checking everything i need about my phone since i can remember, (i love modaco btw) but never had a good reason to create an account, because everything allways went very good, but now i had it.
I updated to the Nightly release of today (1214) and i found the first bug that i can't find solution, my messages app just doesn't work, it crashes everytime i touch on his icon, never saw anything like that, i wiped data, cache and Dalvik Cache, anyone having the same problem ?

Sorry for bad english, i am portuguese

Guest nomaximux

Hi JC, well.. I just play simple... I swap recovery to TWRP where i do wipes (all of them) after this i install CWM and restart recovery (dont know why but i cant install gapps with latest version of TWRP). Install CM and gapps. Restart and let it "rest" for 10ms. Never had a problem by doing things this way... There's more simples ways, but i like to be sure :) my own way Cheers... Nomax ...also portuguese :)

Edited by nomaximux

Hello over there,

Usually I am not posting on the forums I am observer in most cases but I've learned many things and I am thankful. I have G300 over a year ago and since the beginning I am using roms on my device and was working fine. I had officially unlocked bootloader and I have checked that I have Hynix memory.

I flashed his rom over the stock B952 with the latest update of CWM. The rom worked completely fine and much faster than any other that I have tried so far. I've used it for around 2 days. All of a sudden my device stopped working and I can't turn on, get into CWM or to force update over the SD card. I thought the risk of bricking the device is during the flashing process. Is it possible that could happen after using the device for some time on this rom? By the way I am in the Czech Republic and I have the device bought from Vodafone and still I have warranty. Is there any way to try to fix this myself? Also if I need to take it to the repair service is there any way that I can wipe the traces of using a modded software?

Thank you

Edited by XoRg

Guest Salamin1

Hello over there,

Usually I am not posting on the forums I am observer in most cases but I've learned many things and I am thankful. I have G300 over a year ago and since the beginning I am using roms on my device and was working fine. I had officially unlocked bootloader and I have checked that I have Hynix memory.

I flashed his rom over the stock B952 with the latest update of CWM. The rom worked completely fine and much faster than any other that I have tried so far. I've used it for around 2 days. All of a sudden my device stopped working and I can't turn on, get into CWM or to force update over the SD card. I thought the risk of bricking the device is during the flashing process. Is it possible that could happen after using the device for some time on this rom? By the way I am in the Czech Republic and I have the device bought from Vodafone and still I have warranty. Is there any way to try to fix this myself? Also if I need to take it to the repair service is there any way that I can wipe the traces of using a modded software?

Thank you

It's possible that the new kernel that is included in this rom may brick phones with hynix memory, it could be that... I think there's no way of tracing modded software if the memory died

It sucks to know that another hynix user got a brick :(

It's possible that the new kernel that is included in this rom may brick phones with hynix memory, it could be that... I think there's no way of tracing modded software if the memory died

It sucks to know that another hynix user got a brick :(

The strange thing is that the phone was working for some time (around 2 days) and then all of a sudden it died. So better me to take it to Vodafone and see what would happen. Thank you for your response.

Guest Salamin1

The strange thing is that the phone was working for some time (around 2 days) and then all of a sudden it died. So better me to take it to Vodafone and see what would happen. Thank you for your response.

There are some reports from hynix users that say that their phones worked perfectly for about a week and suddenly died...

Let's see if someone else answers your question about finding traces

Guest ProHunter

Can somebody tell me where i can find source code for latest build,i tried to find it on github from the links on the first post,but those codes are not updated... :)

Guest lakyljuk

Exactly the same happened to me. I had Hynix memory, flashed CM 10.2 with new 3.4 kernel, and after two days of using, phone suddenly died completely. Repair service solved this within warranty by replacing whole board. So I have now a new board with Samsung memory this time and I am using CM 10.2 latest nightlies with no problem. I tried CM 11 but since it doesnt support moving apps to sd card, I am waiting for fix.

Guest JotaCarvalho

ahah It was just curiosity, I don't actually need to unlock it right now, if I need it someday I'll do it right. :P

Just one more question, does this 4.4 run faster than the previous ROMs due to its supposed new RAM management, or there's no difference?

He was talking about the PIN conde unlock, not mobile provider unlock :D

Guest JotaCarvalho

Hi JC, well.. I just play simple... I swap recovery to TWRP where i do wipes (all of them) after this i install CWM and restart recovery (dont know why but i cant install gapps with latest version of TWRP). Install CM and gapps. Restart and let it "rest" for 10ms. Never had a problem by doing things this way... There's more simples ways, but i like to be sure :) my own way Cheers... Nomax ...also portuguese :)

Yes,i agree with we, our own way is always the best way, and this the first time that my way fails :D

I did allt the wipes, installed other versions of the application, and still nothing, back to the build  1213, everyday we see another build coming out so it's not a big problem

Edited by JotaCarvalho

Guest wbrambley

works fine for me but this rom is incompatible with linksd (can't mount the partition)

Working fine here. I use ext4 partition. Still using default internal SD if that makes any difference. Oh, you might want to check you have some free space in /system for link2sd to write the script.

Working fine here. I use ext4 partition. Still using default internal SD if that makes any difference. Oh, you might want to check you have some free space in /system for link2sd to write the script.

That makes sense. Maybe it is worth a try to delete the offline speech data from the /system. You can do it with this script: http://goo.gl/obslBj Install it via CWM.