[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Is there still that problem that when update via cyanogenmodupdater google play starts saying no connection?

I would like  to update without full wipes.

Edited by xzx

Guest bovinewarrior

Yes,i agree with we, our own way is always the best way, and this the first time that my way fails :D

I did allt the wipes, installed other versions of the application, and still nothing, back to the build  1213, everyday we see another build coming out so it's not a big problem

I had the same problem, but it's now working in today's nightly 1215.

(BTW, thanks Daz, truely awesome work!)

Guest Meglestus

I still don't see my question answered earlier on:

How do I install the rom on SD card only (not the internal one, I bought a 32 GB one)

If that is imposible, how do I put all the apps on the SD and maybe even turn the sd as primary app install spot?

Guest Tentmaster

I still don't see my question answered earlier on:

How do I install the rom on SD card only (not the internal one, I bought a 32 GB one)

If that is imposible, how do I put all the apps on the SD and maybe even turn the sd as primary app install spot?

Download the rom to your lappy or pc. Connect your phone via usb to the computer, like you would when charging it. Connect it as a media centre. The computer will recognise the phone as Huawei U8815 or it may recognise the 2 cards in the phone, depending on which OS you have on the computer.. Open the folder that contains the rom in your computer . Then Copy and paste the rom from the computer to the larger of the 2 cards showing, as this will be the 32gb card.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Tentmaster

Guest wbrambley

Is there still that problem that when update via cyanogenmodupdater google play starts saying no connection?

I would like to update without full wipes.

It will only be fixed when Google have updated the apps in gapps. Every time you flash a new ROM to /system it wipes the old /system. Gapps resides in /system UNLESS the individual packages are updated(play store, gmail, services etc). If you reflash your gapps.zip it puts back to /system the missing apks. The rest is kept in /data.(That's how me thinks it works anyhow)

Ok, thanks. One last question: How about the SMS's? I cannot receive them...

It seems like the installation problem of apps that uses SD and the app moving to SD will be fixed in the next build. (But check the changelog tomorrow)

I never had problems with SMS sending and receiving.

It will only be fixed when Google have updated the apps in gapps. Every time you flash a new ROM to /system it wipes the old /system. Gapps resides in /system UNLESS the individual packages are updated(play store, gmail, services etc). If you reflash your gapps.zip it puts back to /system the missing apks. The rest is kept in /data.(That's how me thinks it works anyhow)

This is not how it works. There is a script in /system/addon.d for gapps backup and restore for ROM update. In reality, on the update process, the script make a backup of the data defined in the script. After formatting the /system and install the new ROM, the script restore the saved data to /system.

I would like  to update without full wipes.

Update your gapps to the latest version. (see my signature)

Install the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-purge_offline_speech-signed.zip then the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-stripped-signed.zip then wipe dalvik cache.

Edited by rhen

Thanks rhen. Thats good to know. :)

About the SMS's, i have flashed the latest build (15-12) and your gapps (in your signature), and is working fine now. The app is working and also the sent/receave of SMS's. :)

Guest JotaCarvalho

Thanks rhen. Thats good to know. :)

About the SMS's, i have flashed the latest build (15-12) and your gapps (in your signature), and is working fine now. The app is working and also the sent/receave of SMS's. :)

good to know, since the only build with this problem is 1213 i was a little bit scared by the fact that the new releases might have the same problem

Edited by JotaCarvalho

Working fine here. I use ext4 partition. Still using default internal SD if that makes any difference. Oh, you might want to check you have some free space in /system for link2sd to write the script.

Thank you wbrambley and rhen now link2sd works with my ext3 partition after deleting the offline speech.

Guest Balerion

Let me know if the next build fixes the problem with installing apps on the SD card guys, I am still on the EXPERIMENTAL build because the only bug that bothered me was that one.

Also, having skipped some posts, what is the optimal method to install this ROM without getting problems? (No launcher, play store error etc.) :) ?

Let me know if the next build fixes the problem with installing apps on the SD card guys, I am still on the EXPERIMENTAL build because the only bug that bothered me was that one.

Also, having skipped some posts, what is the optimal method to install this ROM without getting problems? (No launcher, play store error etc.) :) ?

Wipe Data/cache/dalvik -> Flash Recovery R7 (if is not already) and reboot recovery -> Flash latest EXPERIMENTAL or NIGHTLY zip -> Flash Gapps from rhen (http://www.modaco.com/topic/367187-gapps-for-cm11-last-updated-2013-12-14/ ) -> Reboot -> Enjoy

I have done that and everything is smooth...

:D

Guest Amonshy

Run the Offline speech recognition files eraser module then install the latest GApps. The order is important.

Wipe dalvik cache before reboot.

I followed your steps but it doens't work. When I wipe dalvik cache the log show: wipe dalvik cache unknown volume for path sd-ext.

I followed your steps but it doens't work. When I wipe dalvik cache the log show: wipe dalvik cache unknown volume for path sd-ext.

That is fine. Do you have play store now?

No

Can you check that /system/priv-app/Phonesky.apk exists on your phone?

And how many free space you have on /system? In file manager, go into the /system, "click" to the small padlock then storagesomething.

Guest Amonshy

Can you check that /system/priv-app/Phonesky.apk exists on your phone?

And how many free space you have on /system? In file manager, go into the /system, "click" to the small padlock then storagesomething.

Free space: 4kb, Use space: 378 Mb

Phonesky.apk exists  size: 0 bytes

Edited by Amonshy

Phonesky.apk doesn't exist.

Free space: 4kb, Use space: 378 Mb

You don't have enough space to install gapps properly.

Do you installed the Offline speech recognition files eraser and the GApps from here? http://www.modaco.com/topic/367187-gapps-for-cm11-last-updated-2013-12-14/

If you installed it, and you still have not enough space, something was left on the /system partition.

PlanB:

- Download the latest nightly from http://getcm.thebronasium.com/

- Download the latest GApps from my signature.

- Copy it to your SD card.

- Boot into CWM and format /system (under the mounts and storage options) and wipe dalvik cache. (not the factory reset, under the mount and storage options)

- Install the latest nightly then the latest gapps from your SD card.

This doesn't delete your data or installed apps.