[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Amonshy

You don't have enough space to install gapps properly.

Do you installed the Offline speech recognition files eraser and the GApps from here? http://www.modaco.com/topic/367187-gapps-for-cm11-last-updated-2013-12-14/

If you installed it, and you still have not enough space, something was left on the /system partition.

PlanB:

- Download the latest nightly from http://getcm.thebronasium.com/

- Download the latest GApps from my signature.

- Copy it to your SD card.

- Boot into CWM and format /system (under the mounts and storage options) and wipe dalvik cache. (not the factory reset, under the mount and storage options)

- Install the latest nightly then the latest gapps from your SD card.

This doesn't delete your data or installed apps.

It works! Thanks very much for your time!!

Guest JotaCarvalho

@rhen

one noob question. do i have to reflash gapps every time a flash a new nightly ?

thx

in theory you shouldn't need that, because you should be able to upgrade the rom using CM Updater, but in my G300 when i do that the play store doesn't have conection and the gallery application simply disapear.

So, in order to get all working fine you need to wipe all,flash rom and flash Gapps everytime

in theory you shouldn't need that, because you should be able to upgrade the rom using CM Updater, but in my G300 when i do that the play store doesn't have conection and the gallery application simply disapear.

So, in order to get all working fine you need to wipe all,flash rom and flash Gapps everytime

Not exactly. Many problem with play store caused by incomplete gapps install.

This is caused by that there was not enough space to install gapps completely.

The gapps filled up the /system and it seems like in some cases caused SMS problems.

The 2013-12-14 version of the gapps shrinked to the size, that is fine for G300.

If you do the planB mentioned above, you never have to manually flash ROM updates and gapps stays on the phone.

The gallery and launcher bug fixed from the 2013-11-26 gapps package.

rhen, in 1216 build Is possible move apps to SD

card?

Yep!

SD things is fixed.

You can install apps that uses secure storage on SD and you can move apps to SD.

I tried it in the morning.

Update your gapps to the latest version. (see my signature)

Install the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-purge_offline_speech-signed.zip then the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131214-stripped-signed.zip then wipe dalvik cache.

Thanks! I will try that.

Edited by xzx

Guest qwertyu123

On nightly 20141214 Bluetooth Audio stopped working for me. I get connection phone and audio bluetooth connection but when I start playing something on the phone the audio connection is lost (the phone connection is kept) Anyone else with this problem?

Guest pseudografx

Hi, I cannot mount storage on my Windows PC - when I connect the USB cable, it starts charging but the options in the phone do not show up in the notification bar.

Yesterday I did a clean install of 20131215 build (I did wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe 0dalvik cache and I formatted cache, /system, /data and /cust), with the new gapps by rhen, and installed build 20131216 today. Did I forget something?

On nightly 20141214 Bluetooth Audio stopped working for me. I get connection phone and audio bluetooth connection but when I start playing something on the phone the audio connection is lost (the phone connection is kept) Anyone else with this problem?

Update to the 20131216 version. It should be fixed.

Hi, I cannot mount storage on my Windows PC - when I connect the USB cable, it starts charging but the options in the phone do not show up in the notification bar.

Yesterday I did a clean install of 20131215 build (I did wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe 0dalvik cache and I formatted cache, /system, /data and /cust), with the new gapps by rhen, and installed build 20131216 today. Did I forget something?

The default storage connection is MTP.

The phone storage appear in the "My Computer" if you have unlocked the phone screen.

It doesn't appear as a Storage device with a drive letter.

Guest pseudografx

The default storage connection is MTP.

The phone storage appear in the "My Computer" if you have unlocked the phone screen.

It doesn't appear as a Storage device with a drive letter.

Oh thanks, I found it. However, it worked as MSD a few days ago. Can it be reconfigured to MSD again? I am using a 3rd party file manager (FAR) which only handles regular disk drives.

Oh thanks, I found it. However, it worked as MSD a few days ago. Can it be reconfigured to MSD again? I am using a 3rd party file manager (FAR) which only handles regular disk drives.

This option has been removed from CM11. You can try to change the persist.sys.usb.config parameter in build.prop to mass_storage.

I haven't tested it, but it can work. (Do a nandroid backup before)

On laters update Hangouts does not synchronize automatically. I don't get notifications of incoming new messages. Anybody else has this?

I don't have problem with it.

Guest Balerion

So I finally upgraded from my EXPERIMENTAL build, and im very pleased. Besides the fact that after flashing the ROM (I used rhen's GApss) I got no launcher there was no problem. (I wouldn't call it a problem though since it was easy to fix). Apps finally work in the SD card and I was also pleasently surprised with the fact that album arts now work properly, yay! Thanks Dazzo for yet another great ROM. And rhen as well, for providing the GApps, google now runs much smoother now without the offline voice req. :) 

ungk.png