[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

So I finally upgraded from my EXPERIMENTAL build, and im very pleased. Besides the fact that after flashing the ROM (I used rhen's GApss) I got no launcher there was no problem. (I wouldn't call it a problem though since it was easy to fix). Apps finally work in the SD card and I was also pleasently surprised with the fact that album arts now work properly, yay! Thanks Dazzo for yet another great ROM. And rhen as well, for providing the GApps, google now runs much smoother now without the offline voice req. :)

If you updated the ROM first, then the gapps, then this is normal, since you fixed the launcher "delete bug" (with the latest gapps) after the bug has deleted your launcher.

With the next ROM update, you will get back the launcher and the gallery.

In cases of updating gapps from the "buggy" version, the preferred method is install the offline speech delete module first, then updating the gapps and then the ROM.

I updated OTA to latest nightly, but it said I had to download google services and I couldn't log in in the play store. Has this happened to anyone? Was this because I didn't update the gapps too? I reverted back so I can do it right.

ps: can anyone confirm that gifs in 9gag app work properly in newest build?

Edited by gmotta

Guest marius.marusnaici

After installing this ROM, I got a black screen. (i can only see the status bar (barery, clock...)).

I have tried all CM11 ROMs, and i got the same problem...

I use recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4 with all wipes...

Gapps: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20131215-signed.zip

Any solutions?

Edited by marius.marusnaici

After installing this ROM, I got a black screen. (i can only see the status bar (barery, clock...)).

I have tried all CM11 ROMs, and i got the same problem...

I use recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4 with all wipes...

Gapps: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20131215-signed.zip

Any solutions?

The GApps you have installed is not working on G300. It is too large and cannot fit on the /system partition.

Use the GApps from my signature. (This is the recommended gapps in the first post too)

Guest JotaCarvalho

Not exactly. Many problem with play store caused by incomplete gapps install.

This is caused by that there was not enough space to install gapps completely.

The gapps filled up the /system and it seems like in some cases caused SMS problems.

The 2013-12-14 version of the gapps shrinked to the size, that is fine for G300.

If you do the planB mentioned above, you never have to manually flash ROM updates and gapps stays on the phone.

The gallery and launcher bug fixed from the 2013-11-26 gapps package.

the space of /system is not the problem because every time I install a new ROM I wipe data, cache, dalvik, /system and /cust

Guest marius.marusnaici

The GApps you have installed is not working on G300. It is too large and cannot fit on the /system partition.

Use the GApps from my signature. (This is the recommended gapps in the first post too)

Ok, now is working.

But I have another problem, Gmail and Play Store apps are closing (after 1 sec. or something...).

P.S. Ther was no Play Store installed, and I just install the last one play apk (4.5.10).

Solutions?

Edited by marius.marusnaici

the space of /system is not the problem because every time I install a new ROM I wipe data, cache, dalvik, /system and /cust

It doesn't depend on the wipe only. If you add the ROM size to the gapps size, it will be more then the /system partition's size if you use an older version of gapps then 2013-12-14.

Ok, now is working.

But I have another problem, Gmail and Play Store apps are closing (after 1 sec. or something...).

P.S. Ther was no Play Store installed, and I just install the last one play apk (4.5.10).

Solutions?

Use the PlanB mentioned on the previous page:

PlanB:

- Download the latest nightly from http://getcm.thebronasium.com/

- Download the latest GApps from my signature.

- Copy it to your SD card.

- Boot into CWM and format /system (under the mounts and storage options) and wipe dalvik cache. (not the factory reset, under the mount and storage options)

- Install the latest nightly then the latest gapps from your SD card.

Edited by rhen

Guest JotaCarvalho

It doesn't depend on the wipe only. If you add the ROM size to the gapps size, it will be more then the /system partition's size if you use an older version of gapps then 2013-12-14.

Use the PlanB mentioned on the previous page:

When i saw the new version of the Gapps i downloaded it right away.

When i saw the new version of the Gapps i downloaded it right away.

But if you have installed it as an update, you have to delete the offline speech recognition files first, or do the planB (if you installed other gapps than Daz's or mine) to make sure it will working well.

Sorry if this is already asked and answered. I tried to find from threat but no success.

So is there any information why there is no overclocking? I remember that I red something about kernel earlier.

Guest Meglestus

Sorry if this is already asked and answered. I tried to find from threat but no success.

So is there any information why there is no overclocking? I remember that I red something about kernel earlier.

There is no OC available , indeed because of that the kernel does not support it.

(not sure if it will be added further on but hopefully will be done :) )

Guest bovinewarrior

Hi guys,

noticed a minor issue on Sunday, I'm unable to select 2G mode only in the Perferred network type menu under Mobile network settings.

It's not so good for the battery life, has anyone else seen it?  I think it was working in the 1214 build.

I also got the status bar change to work, but after about an hour my phone got really unresponsive so I reverted back to low_mem=true and it's been smooth ever since.

Thanks