[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest gigis

yeap, since the first update with the theme system, which nobody but developers uses it believe, the apps keep crashing if i`m lucky or freeze and freezes the whole system and i have to pull the battery. :) After waiting for 2 weeks to update, still the same. Reverting back to 09.04 :)

Guest Meglestus

Have you tried the second one? If you have, how was/is it? If not I (might) try!

To come back to this, I am trying it out as of this morning and I am loving it, there are some flaws but those are acceptable when you look at the performance increase.

The battery now takes around 4 hours to loose about 20%.

This includes normal-heavy use, 10-20 mins very heavy use per hour and normal use once a while, the heavy use consists of demanding games like clash of clans.

BUT, there are some flaws, antutu score can't be gotten because in the last change it will shut down and screen on and off can take a bit longer than usual in some ocasions. Starting time on apps is also improved.

But these are just my findings of using it for 10 hours....

I would advice everyone to try this mod ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2360670 )

PLZ tell me how you guys are experiencing this mod!

Guest razor74

Hello,

From the latest update for Hangouts, video call din't work anymore. The phone freeze in the moment on connection initializing and the only solution is to take out the battery or wait about 2 minutes and the phone auto-restart.

Anyone have this problem?

Guest Meglestus

Hello,

From the latest update for Hangouts, video call din't work anymore. The phone freeze in the moment on connection initializing and the only solution is to take out the battery or wait about 2 minutes and the phone auto-restart.

Anyone have this problem?

If you could read back like 1 or 2 pages, many people complained about this, no solution was found and everyone was adviced to go back a couple of nightlies.

As I don't use any video calling software I cant help you but you could read back a bit and see if it makes you wiser :)

Guest razor74

If you could read back like 1 or 2 pages, many people complained about this, no solution was found and everyone was adviced to go back a couple of nightlies.

As I don't use any video calling software I cant help you but you could read back a bit and see if it makes you wiser :)

Thanks. But i think is not generally related to voip because skype works very well...

Guest dalyer

Hi. i can't mount sdcard. is it normal or something wrong with my device ?

Search the thread for "mount" and "sdcard".

There are a number of posts already.

They might be relevant to your question.

Hope this helps.

Guest Timbones

I've seen crashes today when getting notifications in facebook, I hear the notification sound and then when I press the power button to wake the screen the screen stays black and the menu, home and back buttons light up briefly. I have to pull the battery to recover.

I've been getting this too, exactly as you describe. It seems to me that the phone is still working, but the screen won't turn on. I can feel it respond to long presses, and it'll ring when there's an incoming call. Battery pull is the only recovery.

I also notice other times the notification bar doesn't want to be pulled down, and CPU usage is maxed out but I can't tell which process is doing it.

If tried a clean install, no luck. I've tried wiping /data too, still unstable. Even ran with ART for a bit, same story. So, based on previous posts, I'm going back to Apr 10th nightly to see if that is any better.

(Otherwise, it's a great ROM - been using it faithfully since before Christmas)

Guest KennyPowers2000

Just want to say a big thanks to the developer(s) of this ROM!

I flashed a CM11 nightly from 15 March 2014 over my stock ICS Huawei ROM, brought new life to an old but capable little phone (Huawei Ascend G300)

Was a bit of a nightmare install though, as my old Vista laptop did't want to communicate with the phone, but worked like a charm when using a Linux Mint netbook to unlock the bootloader and flash cwm! It was giving 'insufficient storage' warnings when trying to install gapps, but I managed to google and find a micro version of gapps that did the trick!

I do have some questions however though:

1) It does seem to drain the battery quicker than the old stock ICS. Is this normal?

2) Is there a way of keeping AOSP Browser up to date, as I love it way more than Chrome!

3) Will the play store update itself?

4) Is it possible to install other stock Android/AOSP/Cyanmod apps on CM11 (like notepad). Where would I find these?

5) Can I update CM11 (over the air) without having to re-setup everything again, or would I have to re-flash from scratch again each time?

Thanks again for resurrecting devices that the manufacturers have long forgot!

Kenny Powers

^_^

Guest wards5150

Had a weird experience yesterday. My phone lost network so did a reboot only to find the phone stuck in boot loop. First time this has ever happened to me after trying numerous ROMs. Tried everything but had no luck. Decided to wipe everything and start fresh. Before I did I made a nandroid backup. This back up had a date from 1980 though. A time travelling g300? Tried to restore this back up but it always gets stuck in boot loop. Phone OK if I do all the wipes and just reboot (no flash of any zip to gapps).

Edited by wards5150