[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Meglestus

If the phone (rom) cant do the basic things like answering the call then you should switch the rom.

You can't say that it wont answer calls, it does but due to a bug you need to follow some steps in order to let it work.

This problem might be anoying as hell but still, there is no faster ROM out there, not even the GB roms, and even if there was a GB one that was faster this one supports all apps while many are unavaileble on GB.

Which one doesnt work on GB? Maybe some launchers but all major apps work just fine.

I tried GB Extreme a few days ago.

I missed Google Keep a lot. Also many apps has a way older version for GB like Google calendar, Gmail, Google plus etc. And I didn't like that. I has been used to the most recent versions. The experience was like I use a way older phone (~3 years old) than with the CM11.

edit:

I haven't experienced any problem with calls and sms messages with any ROM.

Edited by rhen

Guest Meglestus

Which one doesnt work on GB? Maybe some launchers but all major apps work just fine.

Latest swiftkey doesn't work, no xposed installer, no Clash of Clans and snapchat is an older version.

(Edit: Also many other apps are older or don't work)

Also I agree with Rhen.

I tried GB Extreme a few days ago.

I missed Google Keep a lot. Also many apps has a way older version for GB like Google calendar, Gmail, Google plus etc. And I didn't like that. I has been used to the most recent versions. The experience was like I use a way older phone (~3 years old) than with the CM11.

edit:

I haven't experienced any problem with calls and sms messages with any ROM.

Did you unlock your bootloader officially?

If so that could be our problem...

Edited by Meglestus

Guest dalyer

hotspot is work ???

Doesn't look like it from previous posts in the thread with the term "hotspot" in them.

And it's not clear if subsequent builds fixed this.

I can't remember if the issue is that hotspot works when using WEP or no encryption but not when using WPA2?

But not many people will want a weakly secured or unsecured wireless network...

Guest cokio
Hey guys, 

I have a problem with the latest versions of cyanogen 11 for g300. When I plug the phone to PC, after I select the "USB storage" option, the phone restart for itself and them freeze on the cyanogenmod animation. I was hoping that some lightly version would solve my problem but after a few new lightly's it just keep happening...

Can anyone help me? 

Hey guys, 

I have a problem with the latest versions of cyanogen 11 for g300. When I plug the phone to PC, after I select the "USB storage" option, the phone restart for itself and them freeze on the cyanogenmod animation. I was hoping that some lightly version would solve my problem but after a few new lightly's it just keep happening...

Can anyone help me? 

Use MTP mode. It works.

Guest SDVNEO

Люди кто знает как без программ в cm11 добавить фонарик в панель быстрых настроек ??? то есть в самих настройках добавили компас а фонарика нет , можно что то сделать ???

Why when my mobile is charging, it doesn't show orange led?

Mine is shows right now, but I also noticed that sometimes doesn't show.

It happens after the led starts to alert me about some notification. If I dismiss the notification, the orange led doesn't come back some time.

Not a big deal for me.

Guest EgidijusL

I switched back to gb superslim and its night and day in terms of performance and free ram. Works like a new phone.

Where could I find it?

Guest dalyer

Where could I find it?

It's not that difficult to find.

The thread is linked from the second page of this forum!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365041-gb-b895-superslim-v1/

If you're going to try GB then I'd suggest/recommend GBXTREME as possibly the best GB ROM around these days:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/

Optionally flash this patch:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/page-21#entry2220501

Guest qwertyu123

As far as I know (and I could detect), these are the bugs remaining to make this ROM perfect for the G300:

- Wifi Hotspot doesn't work.

- Handsfree speaker volume when answering a call is so low and is not usable (Anyone can confirm?).

- Charging led light sometimes doesn't work.

- USB connection is unstable unless MTP connection is used.

- (Battery when using 3G drains very quickly) not sure if this is a bug or is just my phone battery is too old. On 2G is OK, but lasts less than in GB.

Edited by qwertyu123

Guest tiagosantos88

As far as I know (and I could detect), these are the bugs remaining to make this ROM perfect for the G300:

- Handsfree speaker volume when answering a call is so low and is not usable (Anyone can confirm?).

- (Battery when using 3G drains very quickly) not sure if this is a bug or is just my phone battery is too old. On 2G is OK, but lasts less than in GB.

have you try to Go

On settings storage and format sdCard? Mine wont format

... led working fine do....

Guest dalyer

That was my experience with my G300 on any ROM - even GB.

3G simply killed the battery.

Don't forget the VOIP and video call problems.

People can't make VOIP and video calls with Hangouts and Messenger (and Viber?).

That was my experience with my G300 on any ROM - even GB.

3G simply killed the battery.

This is exactly my experience too.

I placed a 2G/3G switch tile to the quick settings and turn on the 3G only if it really needed.

Guest dalyer

As I mentioned before I used to get about a day on 3G and 2 days on 2G.

So I'd generally stick to 2G and toggle 3G on when I needed it and off again.

It was a bit of a pain.

My gf now uses the G300 running GBX without a data allowance but I don't know what the average battery life is these days,

Guest wybisz

Hi I have problem with install GAPPS. I try CWM 6.0.4.0 R3, 6.0.4.4 R7, 6.0.4.5 R8 but not one does work - error (status 7) (I try pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.4-20140729-signed and mini same version)

CyanogenMod 11-20140729-NIGHTLY-u8815

Before installation:

- wipe data

- wipe cache

- format /system

- format /data

- format /cache

- format /cust

please help ;)

Edited by wybisz

Hi I have problem with install GAPPS. I try CWM 6.0.4.0 R3, 6.0.4.4 R7, 6.0.4.5 R8 but not one does work - error (status 7) (I try pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.4-20140729-signed and mini same version)

CyanogenMod 11-20140729-NIGHTLY-u8815

Before installation:

- wipe data

- wipe cache

- format /system

- format /data

- format /cache

- format /cust

please help ;)

Have you tried with my gapps package?

cant install CyanogenMod 11-20140804-NIGHTLY-u8815

This info is not enough to able to help you.

Please tell your setup (baseband, CWM version)

What error do you get etc..