[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest edwardecl

Installed on another G300 I have access to and it works like a charm. Did the exact same steps as the G300 I bricked and it was fine.

My luck, am I the only one to have a Samsung flash brick? (obviously not a ROM specific thing), but phone in general?

Oh well getting a Y300, I figured if the G300 lasted more than a year I got my moneys worth. Just sad, I thought having a Samsung flash would make me invincible, obviously not *cry.

Guest drama20050202
i deleted by mistake the cm file manager, the apk and the app, does anyone knows how can install it again or where to download it ?
I use Root Explorer for about 6 months..ask google ;) Or u can go to ROM.s zip system/app ..i think you.ll find there the apk file of CM file manager :? Edited by drama20050202

Guest rale_ts

Just tried to install 1210 Nightly vi CM updater, it downloaded update but when phone rebooted in to recovery it ask to install untrusted packed (signature verification failed) and I confirmed Yes, CWM shows installation aborted and automatically restart recovery after that phone booted normally but update wasn't installed!

Guest drama20050202

Just tried to install 1210 Nightly vi CM updater, it downloaded update but when phone rebooted in to recovery it ask to install untrusted packed (signature verification failed) and I confirmed Yes, CWM shows installation aborted and automatically restart recovery after that phone booted normally but update wasn't installed!

Don.t install via CM updater

Guest Danchiman21

Just a few minutes ago my google play store stoped working, when i open the app i says: "no connection" Retry  , does enyone know if there's a way to fix it ? better if i dont have to wipe everything again.

Thanks anyway for any help

Guest drama20050202
Just a few minutes ago my google play store stoped working, when i open the app i says: "no connection" Retry , does enyone know if there's a way to fix it ? better if i dont have to wipe everything again. Thanks anyway for any help
Reboot? Did you delete anything else or just CM file manager? Edited by drama20050202

Guest Danchiman21

Reboot? Did you delete anything else or just CM file manager?

i tried rebooting and nothing changed, before this happens, i reinstalled the rom without any wipe, so all the cm aplications were installed again, then i changed that thing about the translucent bar (the changei n the build.prop) but nothing wrong or extra, then a few minutes ago when i tried to open the play store , it showed me that message and it keeps happening 

Guest drama20050202

i tried rebooting and nothing changed, before this happens, i reinstalled the rom without any wipe, so all the cm aplications were installed again, then i changed that thing about the translucent bar (the changei n the build.prop) but nothing wrong or extra, then a few minutes ago when i tried to open the play store , it showed me that message and it keeps happening

Allways do full wipe when flash ROM.s . Just make a fresh install , and leave ROM how it is.It.s an early release and things happened. Be pacient , Daz would take care of anything , trust me;)

Guest Danchiman21

Allways do full wipe when flash ROM.s . Just make a fresh install , and leave ROM how it is.It.s an early release and things happened. Be pacient , Daz would take care of anything , trust me;)

so i have to do a wipe data/factory reset ? or just wipe dalvik and wipe cache ?, jaja thanks for all your help 

Guest drama20050202
so i have to do a wipe data/factory reset ? or just wipe dalvik and wipe cache ?, jaja thanks for all your help
Do full wipes..all wipes (when i intalled 07 12 i format internal storage too) but i don.t think this is really necesary.. In advance menu (CWM) you will find a lot of things to wipe ;) Edited by drama20050202

Guest drama20050202

Anyone using the latest CM 11 nightly can tell me if wifi tethering is working or not?

Flash it and see . It's free and takes about 5 minutes ;)

Guest phyllocrania

Flash it and see . It's free and takes about 5 minutes ;)

I don't have the luxury of superfast internet. The download will take 2-3 hours on my slow 2G connection. I guess the whole point of a forum is for people to help each other. But this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Guest GeryEmreiss

I managed to fix play store broken by update. I flashed stripped gaps with cwm and afterwards I installed phonesky.apk extracted from gapps zip with file manager.

I managed to fix play store broken by update. I flashed stripped gaps with cwm and afterwards I installed phonesky.apk extracted from gapps zip with file manager.

Great idea. I restored 3 weeks old backup and flashed over to have play store, but now I'm stuck with insufficient storage space. If I wipe data I lose play store. Going to try this.

Guest Meglestus

Do full wipes..all wipes (when i intalled 07 12 i format internal storage too) but i don.t think this is really necesary.. In advance menu (CWM) you will find a lot of things to wipe ;)

I would not advise wipes if I was you.

The thing with this rom is that when you do a full wipe there is a change of not having your launcher.

If you wipe your phone, these are the needed steps to get rom with a launcher:

1. wipe phone.....

2. restore an old backup in CWM (doesn't matter which rom)

3. Install 4.4 and the gapps.

4. DONE

this should give you the ROM with the launcher.

I am running version 08/12 so it might be different for the current one, I am going to go to 10/12 today.

Guest drama20050202
I would not advise wipes if I was you. The thing with this rom is that when you do a full wipe there is a change of not having your launcher. If you wipe your phone, these are the needed steps to get rom with a launcher: 1. wipe phone..... 2. restore an old backup in CWM (doesn't matter which rom) 3. Install 4.4 and the gapps. 4. DONE   this should give you the ROM with the launcher. I am running version 08/12 so it might be different for the current one, I am going to go to 10/12 today.  
I don't have any problem , and i flashed everything (format internat storage too).Use stripped Gapps :p Edited by drama20050202

Guest Meglestus

I don't have any problem , and i flashed everything (format internat storage too).Use stripped Gapps :P

Well then you are one lucky man! 

Which nightly are you on?

Guest drama20050202

Well then you are one lucky man!

Which nightly are you on?

1st ..0712. I tryed to update to 0812 via CWM and i get the no launcher thing:d than i wiped everything , erase internal , make fresh install and voila:p all good :)

I won.t update every day because it.s make no sense..once a week it.s ok:p the curent 1012 has some framework changes(witch i think it.s important , and som fix.s)..so i can w8 for an major update:p

I would not advise wipes if I was you.

The thing with this rom is that when you do a full wipe there is a change of not having your launcher.

If you wipe your phone, these are the needed steps to get rom with a launcher:

1. wipe phone.....

2. restore an old backup in CWM (doesn't matter which rom)

3. Install 4.4 and the gapps.

4. DONE

this should give you the ROM with the launcher.

I am running version 08/12 so it might be different for the current one, I am going to go to 10/12 today.

This ^ gives me a full internal storage (about 40-50 MB free)

Guest Meglestus

This ^ gives me a full internal storage (about 40-50 MB free)

I know, it was  the only way for me to fix this

Edited by Meglestus