[ROM][GB-B895] GBXTREME ROM - ✰29032014✰ (MULTIBASEBAND)

Guest kyan31

(Mod) Swipe to remove notifications.

I really can't live without this feature, so I found a great tutorial on xda and implemented it for GBXtreme. I've just thrown the flashable zip together right now and haven't tested it, so I hope it works but if it doesn't, just grab the .apk and .jar from inside and install however you like. The mod has been working fine on my phone all evening, but I can't say it's thoroughly tested. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP before you do anything, obviously.

Credit to the user who posted the tutorial and those whose work he built on, I just followed the instructions.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/c6e6c34b2f/gbxtreme_swipe_notifications.zip

(I wouldn't recommend using this mod on anything but GBXtreme B2)

This is one of the feature I missing much from GB.

I'll give this ROM a shot with this mod later.

Thanks // and thanks to kyan too

Guest Titas

Haven't been around for a while due to upgrading & passing G300 's (my wife's too) on to kids.  Had doubts about going back to GB but I wanted something current (ironically) - I mean something still being supported / developed. Anyway, imho it's a really smooth & responsive ROM Kyan.  Great piece of work as ever, grateful thanks.   Oh & btw nice one HippyDave!

Guest Salamin1

(Mod) Swipe to remove notifications.

I really can't live without this feature, so I found a great tutorial on xda and implemented it for GBXtreme. I've just thrown the flashable zip together right now and haven't tested it, so I hope it works but if it doesn't, just grab the .apk and .jar from inside and install however you like. The mod has been working fine on my phone all evening, but I can't say it's thoroughly tested. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP before you do anything, obviously.

Credit to the user who posted the tutorial and those whose work he built on, I just followed the instructions.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/c6e6c34b2f/gbxtreme_swipe_notifications.zip

(I wouldn't recommend using this mod on anything but GBXtreme B2)

It worked like a charm!

It's like the swipe notification in atomic mod, not as sensitive as in ics onwards, you have to drag the notification the whole way, but it works.

Thanks!

Guest TiMi79

Does anyone else having force closed some of the apps after flashing "Swipe Away Notifications" by Hippy Dave? And also Facebook messenger doesn't work anymore, it's stays on grey background.
I have tried two times, and it's the same thing.

Guest kyan31

Does anyone else having force closed some of the apps after flashing "Swipe Away Notifications" by Hippy Dave? And also Facebook messenger doesn't work anymore, it's stays on grey background.

I havent tried the mod myself as I no longer use this device, so I can't help, sorry.

Guest Ngiulett

Hi,I use this rom from mid-May, but my phone this week he started to have battery drains. I bought this phone in January last year and i started to install rom in November. then i installed this rom because GB roms works fine on this phone. 

I leave the house with the phone at 100% and after 10 minutes with the 3g or H, the phone tells me the battery less than 15% and after 2 minutes auto-off by saying that the battery is too low. If I turn on the phone, the battery back to 60-80%, and after a few minutes, still use the 3g connection will discharge approximately 3% and then the phone turns off. Why the phone's battery will discharge so quickly when I use the 3g? if I use the wifi I do not have these problems? 
I unlocked the bootloader, not officially 
baseband 2030, but i flashed. zip for this baseband.
10n5lap.png
Edited by Ngiulett

Guest dalyer

My experience is that the G300 battery monitoring seems to be very flakey and inaccurate.

And 3G is a huge drain.

To get more insight into what's using the battery you need to use tools like CPU Spy, Better Battery Stats, WakeLock Detector etc.

See what apps are running most and, more to the point, are using screen, CPU or kernel wakelocks.

I covered some of this in other posts here.

I always found that 3G would kill the battery very quickly so I used to stay on 2G most of the time and manually toggle to 3G only when needed.

Not ideal but I couldn't find any other alternative.

I used to get 2 days battery life using this approach.

With 3G on maybe 1.

I don't think that it matters for 3G battery drain but being on 2030 with the unofficially unlocked bootloader is not ideal.

Better to unlock officially or just downgrade to the 19808 baseband and GB bootloader. That's what I did.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

So as mentioned elsewhere my gf had broken the digitizer on her (formerly my :)) G300.

I managed to disassemble, replace the digitizer and reassemble it OK and also took the opportunity to replace the CM7 that it was running with GBX.

Looks good. Thanks a lot kyan! :D

Guest dalyer

I havent tried the mod myself as I no longer use this device, so I can't help, sorry.

Haven't had any FCs after installing the swipe mod.

Can't comment on the FB issue.

Guest kyan31

Hi,I use this rom from mid-May, but my phone this week he started to have battery drains. I bought this phone in January last year and i started to install rom in November. then i installed this rom because GB roms works fine on this phone.

I leave the house with the phone at 100% and after 10 minutes with the 3g or H, the phone tells me the battery less than 15% and after 2 minutes auto-off by saying that the battery is too low. If I turn on the phone, the battery back to 60-80%, and after a few minutes, still use the 3g connection will discharge approximately 3% and then the phone turns off. Why the phone's battery will discharge so quickly when I use the 3g? if I use the wifi I do not have these problems?

I unlocked the bootloader, not officially

baseband 2030, but i flashed. zip for this baseband.

10n5lap.png

That seems to be an issue with your g300 only, maybe it needs to be calibrated. There are calibrating tools on XDA and the play store, but make sure you read about it before you do it. It isn't dangerous or hard, but its vest to get it right the first time round.

Just realized the last screenshot is the calibrating tool, so you have already tried that. I have no idea then.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

So as mentioned elsewhere my gf had broken the digitizer on her (formerly my :)) G300.

I managed to disassemble, replace the digitizer and reassemble it OK and also took the opportunity to replace the CM7 that it was running with GBX.

Looks good. Thanks a lot kyan! :D

Glad you like it :)

Guest dalyer

Was working fine then I installed a few apps and tweaked a few things then I went to CWM did a backup and when I try to reboot it's stuck on Huawei logo... 

Restored the backup and same thing.

Restored another backup (CM7.2) and it worked fine.

Restored the GBX backup again and stuck...

I know I know - should have backed up along the way at each install/tweak but I didn't. 

I know it's not the ROM but something I did but I don't think I can recover it and will probably have to reinstall and start again.

And backup along the way this time! 

Sigh....  :mellow:

Edited by dalyer

Guest dinamo1975

Was working fine then I installed a few apps and tweaked a few things then I went to CWM did a backup and when I try to reboot it's stuck on Huawei logo... 

Restored the backup and same thing.

Restored another backup (CM7.2) and it worked fine.

Restored the GBX backup again and stuck...

I know I know - should have backed up along the way at each install/tweak but I didn't. 

I know it's not the ROM but something I did but I don't think I can recover it and will probably have to reinstall and start again.

And backup along the way this time! 

Sigh....  :mellow:

this means, to do sports! :P

Guest dalyer

this means, to do sports! :P

Huh?  :mellow:

Seriously though - if anybody has any suggestions on how to recover when a ROM gets stuck at boot on the Huawei logo I'd be interested.

I even tried factory reset in CWM but it still gets stuck.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

I never enabled Android debugging :(

I'll just reinstall.

Thanks all the same.

Edit: reinstalled it, swipe mod and various apps and seems to be working OK now. Backup, backup, backup...! :D

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Just to follow up - restored call logs and SMS messages and a few other apps etc.

All working well so far.

Handed it back to my gf and (unprompted!) she noticed that it seemed to be working faster/slicker than before on CM7. :)

Still don't understand why the previous installation got stuck on Huawei boot logo.

The only thing I can think of is that I did overclock slightly (1.152GHz) and I also disabled the "throttle" option.

Even though that's not an outrageous overclock I wonder if it might be the cause of the problem?
Second time around I didn't bother overclocking at all just to keep things simple and hopefully stable...

Thanks again Kyan - best GB ROM for the G300 which probably means the best ROM for G300... :D

Small donation/beer money sent in thanks.

Edited by dalyer

Guest kyan31

Just to follow up - restored call logs and SMS messages and a few other apps etc.

All working well so far.

Handed it back to my gf and (unprompted!) she noticed that it seemed to be working faster/slicker than before on CM7. :)

Still don't understand why the previous installation got stuck on Huawei boot logo.

The only thing I can think of is that I did overclock slightly (1.152GHz) and I also disabled the "throttle" option.

Even though that's not an outrageous overclock I wonder if it might be the cause of the problem?

Second time around I didn't bother overclocking at all just to keep things simple and hopefully stable...

Thanks again Kyan - best GB ROM for the G300 which probably means the best ROM for G300... :D

Small donation/beer money sent in thanks.

Glad you got everything sorted mate, and I really appreciate the donation - Thank you  :)

Guest dalyer

You're welcome. Thanks again...

Ignore the rest below - not an issue after all.

OK - small problem... ;)

Gf complained that my missed calls were not flagged to her.

Did a test whereby I called and she didn't answer.

She said the missed call notification appeared briefly in the status bar but then disappeared after a couple of seconds.

This is GBX with Hippy Dave's swipe notification mod.

Anybody else notice anything like this?

Is there any way to uninstall the swipe notification temporarily to see if that's causing this?

Can I just restore from the original ROM zip those files modified by the swipe notification mod zip?

And before you say - restore your backup taken before installing the mod.... :o :D

Thanks.

(Also - I'm not sure if LED notification for missed calls etc. is built in or needs an app - e.g. LightFlow etc.?)

Edited by dalyer

Guest hippy dave

Yep restoring those two files from the original rom would work fine. Depending how you do it you might need to check the permissions are right.

Guest dalyer

Thanks Dave.
Presumably you're not aware of any issue with disappearing missed call notifications as a result of your mod?
Unfortunately I don't have the phone right now to try things out but maybe over the weekend.

Edit: never mind - got the phone today and tested things out and there are no problems with missed call/text/email notifications or LED blinking. She must've been mistaken... :)

Edited by dalyer