ZTE V790 Roamer2 CyanogenMod 10.1

Guest manfromnn

Guest alekcacko

I though we were always talking about dual-SIM variant or is there something else getting lost in translation as well?

Look, I will explain. There are four types of this phone. They are all zte v790 but.

1.ZTE v790 SINGLE SIM 512mb ram

2.ZTE v790 DUAL SIM 512mb ram

3.ZTE v790 SINGLE SIM 256mb ram

4.ZTE v790 DUAL SIM 256mb ram

The bold one is that phone I have

The underlined one is that phone Manfromnn have. 

For me, the sim is working well(only data is not working)

but for manfromnn, the sim is not working(sim1 and sim2 not working)

Guest hecatae

Look, I will explain. There are four types of this phone. They are all zte v790 but.

they are all also called zte kis 3, just to complicate matters

Guest plutocrat

I can confirm this. I have the dual SIM with 512Mb RAM (reported as 414Mb by the system info app I downloaded !?). Everything is working well apart from the SIM - both slots fail to detect a SIM card. 

I should add that I also tried the Xperia ROM for this model, and the same thing: no SIM action at all, although everything else worked.

Is there any way I can copy files from a working, stock ROM into the phone. I hear of people 'flashing radio files' would that approach work here? Happy to try something if someone can point me in the right direction.

Are there any other ROMs I can try for the ZTE v790?

Edited by plutocrat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest manfromnn

What is this Mobiistar S01 (K-touch w619?) anyway? Is it a V790 variant? Is it even a ZTE device? Are you saying this ROM works on your device and RIL works?

Yes, you can use a custom RIL class. Seing you've already reversed it, it shoudn't be much of a problem. I don't know why you would use one from some completely random (non-ZTE) device though. Since they've only changed RIL request commands I doubt it would work with ZTE proprietaries. You can try of course. Did you try using the regular Qualcomm42RIL class?

Dear Konstat, I could not reply sooner because was in hospital receiving treatment. Now when I got home I did a little fix file decompiled from K-touch w619 firmware because earlier it gave me an error during the build telephony-common.jar and received this file. After building a new ROM I got one SIM is working. Now i need to fix some other bugs: 1. does not work microphone, 2. not working wifi (it starts at boot time device, but if i turn it off, it again is not turned on), 3. camera is not working. 4. not working 2g/3g toggle button. 

Also in the build.prop I added these lines: 

ro.telephony.ril_class=ZTERIL
persist.cne.loc.policy.op=/system/etc/OperatorPolicy.xml
persist.cne.loc.policy.user=/system/etc/UserPolicy.xml
Edited by manfromnn

Guest KonstaT

Dear Konstat, I could not reply sooner because was in hospital receiving treatment. Now when I got home I did a little fix file decompiled from K-touch w619 firmware because earlier it gave me an error during the build telephony-common.jar and received this file. After building a new ROM I got one SIM is working. Now i need to fix some other bugs: 1. does not work microphone, 2. not working wifi (it starts at boot time device, but if i turn it off, it again is not turned on), 3. camera is not working. 4. not working 2g/3g toggle button. 

I hope you're alright. Do you have up to date sources somewhere? Otherwise it's just poking around in the dark.

2. What atheros private lib are you using? Also at least wpa_supplicant overlay config is defined but not present.
3. What camera HAL are you using? Logcat should tell if you have some missing proprietaries or symbols and the library fails to load.
4. Likely still something wrong with the RIL.

I'd suggest rebasing this on top of my current Blade III config and just renaming atlas40 to roamer2 where necessary. It should give a better result and it would also be easier to see if your changes are sane.

Guest hecatae

I hope you're alright. Do you have up to date sources somewhere? Otherwise it's just poking around in the dark.

2. What atheros private lib are you using? Also at least wpa_supplicant overlay config is defined but not present.
3. What camera HAL are you using? Logcat should tell if you have some missing proprietaries or symbols and the library fails to load.
4. Likely still something wrong with the RIL.

I'd suggest rebasing this on top of my current Blade III config and just renaming atlas40 to roamer2 where necessary. It should give a better result and it would also be easier to see if your changes are sane.

Very interested in trying this against your atlas40 ffos build, as that supports dual sim since 1.3

Guest manfromnn

Do you have up to date sources somewhere? Otherwise it's just poking around in the dark.

I don't quite understand what you meant.My English is poor.  But if you are interested in when I last updating my sources, this was June 28.

I so did build configs for my device, i took only the adreno blobs from your proprietaries, but everything else from my device.

Edited by manfromnn

Guest KonstaT

Very interested in trying this against your atlas40 ffos build, as that supports dual sim since 1.3

Not quite sure what's the point. There's already the official ZTE Open (inari/roamer2/whatever) config available in B2G github. You'd still have to add the dsds bits no matter which one you use. And from my experiences with Moto G, dual-SIM support is far from complete. Maybe it works on their reference device (with factory firmware) but that's pretty much it.

I don't quite understand what you meant.My English is poor.  But if you are interested in when I last updating my sources, this was June 28.

I so did build configs for my device, i took only the adreno blobs from your proprietaries, but everything else from my device.

No, I meant where are your sources? Because it's not in your github (last updated two months ago). So basically you've taken my fully open source work and gone underground with it, and then you're still expecting me to help you!

I mean doing the atlas40->roamer2 renaming in git (on top of current atlas40 config) where the changes you've made are visible. That way you wouldn't have missing overlays or wifi configs at least...

Guest manfromnn

No, I meant where are your sources? Because it's not in your github (last updated two months ago). So basically you've taken my fully open source work and gone underground with it, and then you're still expecting me to help you!

I mean doing the atlas40->roamer2 renaming in git (on top of current atlas40 config) where the changes you've made are visible. That way you wouldn't have missing overlays or wifi configs at least...

If I don't missed anything, with such build configs I get the ROM with one simcard worked. But somehow the trebuchet (size 2 MB) always gives an error and i take it from an earlier build (size-969 KB) File ZTERIL.java I immediately put in CM sources in to frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony
This logcat.

Guest KonstaT
Yeah, I already diffed it myself when I said to do so. For about 95% of those changes, all I can say is WHY? Why are you bloating it with such useless crap? This device never had KitKat stock ROM, you can't just blindly copy everything back from stock. init.roamer2.rc wasn't even recognized to be the same file as atlas40 anymore by git. A lot of effort has gone into cleaning it up, just add only what you know is absolutely needed for your device (e.g. no need for any of the qcom scripts in etc and ramdisk). This goes for ramdisk, overlays, etc. Please go through your changes with some though because 95% is completely unnecessary.

For wifi, wpa_supplicant.conf is wrong and you've deleted wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf. Also wpa_supplicant service entry is completely wrong for KitKat, it's a miracle if it works at all.

One thing also noted was that list of proprietaries doesn't match the makefiles that are in the verdor repo, which again don't match the actual files that are there. Also e.g. chromatix libs are the same as on Blade III. I doubt this device has 5mpix rear camera and 2mpix from facing camera. You need to find the libs that are needed for your device. Looks like camera HAL is not loaded at all.

You can add custom RIL class to your device by adding e.g. a flag "BOARD_RIL_CLASS := ../../../device/zte/roamer2/ril/" to your BoardConfig.mk and adding the ZTERIL.java to a directory called 'ril' in your device tree.

Edit. I diffed your init.roamer.rc to what init.atlas40.rc in ICS stock ROM. There's no difference that should concern you at all!!! E.g. you don't need to touch anything in init.atlas40.rc, just rename the file (and of course add the stuff for mtd mount points you've added).

Guest manfromnn

As I said already, my knowledge in programming is very weak. So I try all that in my opinion could be useful, but of course do much superfluous and useless. I will try to do everything as you advise and when will the results-will write.

Guest alekcacko

Konstat, For me, the mic, the camera, sim card, everything is working, but sometimes wifi not working. When i turn off it doesn't turn on, and after reboot device the wifi turns on, but it doens't connect to network. When i open logcat file i see wpa suplicant error.I will give you logcat when i receive that error.

ALso the device I am using is v790 roamer2 256mb ram single sim, and manfromn uses 512mr ram version dual sim.

Guest alekcacko

Here is the logcat with wifi problems. It happens when I reboot device when wifi is turned on and connected. For now, I don't knwo how to fix it. Before I reboot, wifi worked excellent. 

Logcat with screenshots:

post-1023043-0-18670600-1406713813_thumb

post-1023043-0-14862300-1406713826_thumb

Guest KonstaT

Here is the logcat with wifi problems. It happens when I reboot device when wifi is turned on and connected. For now, I don't knwo how to fix it. Before I reboot, wifi worked excellent. 

Logcat with screenshots:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-07-30-11-04-44.png

attachicon.gifdevice-2014-07-30-111821.png

And where is the source code for this build? That hardly counts as a logcat anyway. Nothing but normal info logging...

Guest alekcacko

And where is the source code for this build? That hardly counts as a logcat anyway. Nothing but normal info logging...

The rom is your 4.4.3, but the kernel is from Manfromnn. So manfromn must give you kernel source.

Guest KonstaT

The rom is your 4.4.3, but the kernel is from Manfromnn. So manfromn must give you kernel source.

Well, you must have a done a little more than that (change wifi modules/firmware from your device?). What else have you changed? boot.img also contains the kernel ramdisk where all the system services are set up. I don't actually care about the kernel source (this time :P), it's the ramdisk I'm interested in.

Guest alekcacko

Well, you must have a done a little more than that (change wifi modules/firmware from your device?). What else have you changed? boot.img also contains the kernel ramdisk where all the system services are set up. I don't actually care about the kernel source (this time :P), it's the ramdisk I'm interested in.

Hmm, i will send  you the boot.img I am using. Wifi modules are from manfromnn kitkat rom. Also the etc/firmware is from your rom. 

Here you are

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9D2Mk4McT95cHVDaDJQYmRZYjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Guest KonstaT

Hmm, i will send  you the boot.img I am using. Wifi modules are from manfromnn kitkat rom. Also the etc/firmware is from your rom. 

Here you are

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9D2Mk4McT95cHVDaDJQYmRZYjQ/edit?usp=sharing

And ramdisk here doesn't again match anything that is publicly available...

You really only have two options.
1) You publish a build somewhere and list things that work/don't work on that exact build on this/that variant. You publish exact source code that was used to make that build so that anyone can reproduce your result. You can work together to resolve any remaining issues because you're working with the same code. Even someone who doesn't have the device can review the code.
2) Keep your sources to yourself. Don't ask/expect help from anyone.

I'm sorry, I don't see any point in helping you guys with this anymore.

Guest alekcacko

Hmm what kernel sources? I did not build this kernel. Manfromnn did it. But this is not the latest kernel. Then i tried his last boot.img from his rom but with that boot he wifi is not working. So the boot.img i am using is earlier and it is great(except that wifi problem.)