Hudl 1.3.1 Update

Guest menace1944

Guest flurry

Ok will try that!

I use ubuntu installed into a virtual machine using virtualbox to flash the hudl with. It's worth checking you have the right version of rkflashtool to match your system (32 or 64 bit), running the commands as sudo and making sure the hudl is allocated to the virtual machine not the host computer. In virtualbox this is done from the devices menu

Guest flurry

I want to try on windows before linux.My windows is win 7

hokay, what's causing you problems when you try to install the drivers then?

Guest sirius-c

Single .IMG version of hudl v1.3.1 ROM now available from pinned thread near top of forum posts - I've created the new .IMG version of the backup images uploaded by sirius-c (thanks).  :ninja:

You're very welcome, thank you very much for the IMG file   praise.gif

Guest flurry

But I need to know what device to install the rock driver onto xD

whichever computer you're trying to flash the hudl with

Guest kiteboywales

Im still completely stuck restoring my hudl after the update. Ive got an ubuntu VM going - it cant find the hudl when trying the restore option on this post (post 10)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365672-hudl-backup-script-under-review-re-write/

So tried windows 7 VM too - with all sorts of drivers and all that seems to show up in device manager is an HTC dream but its still doesnt show in the rktools app

I think an issue that could be causing probs is I cant get into the settings at all to enable usb debugging which some of these tools is a prerequisite - so I guess out of luck???

Fed up with it now!

If anyone has windows 7 64bit drivers they definitely know will work can you post a link if possible???

Edited by kiteboywales

Guest menace1944

One problem with the Rockchip drivers is that you must use USB2 as they will not detect the hudl for flashing on USB3. This allowed me to waste several hours until I found an obscure reference to this requirement. Connecting hudl to USB2 allowed driver to install immediately and I have had no further difficulty. I confirmed that changing hudl back to USB3 connector stopped it being detected by any of the rktools even though the correct driver was installed on Windows 7 .

Hope this helps.

Guest flurry

Im still completely stuck restoring my hudl after the update. Ive got an ubuntu VM going - it cant find the hudl when trying the restore option on this post (post 10)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365672-hudl-backup-script-under-review-re-write/

So tried windows 7 VM too - with all sorts of drivers and all that seems to show up in device manager is an HTC dream but its still doesnt show in the rktools app

I think an issue that could be causing probs is I cant get into the settings at all to enable usb debugging which some of these tools is a prerequisite - so I guess out of luck???

Fed up with it now!

If anyone has windows 7 64bit drivers they definitely know will work can you post a link if possible???

I've checked that the linux rkflashtool works fine with usb debugging off on my hudl - I can't comment on the rktools for windows though

Guest flurry

But what do I install the driver onto xD

aah, do you mean which device in the windows device manager? I see your problem if the hudl isn't showing up. Are you using a USB2 port rather than USB3 port, as menace1944 said, USB3 may cause problems

Guest maxxxivo

My problem is that i can't re-root my hudl with Kingo app after 1.3.1 update ( i've tried Kingo app on Win8 and WinXP - no result).

Is it shure that Kingo app works on 1.3.1 updated hudls?

Guest Justice™

My problem is that i can't re-root my hudl with Kingo app after 1.3.1 update ( i've tried Kingo app on Win8 and WinXP - no result).

Is it shure that Kingo app works on 1.3.1 updated hudls?

I have no idea if its still possible to root the 1.3.1 update with Kingo. I have found that Cydia Impactor (http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/) is able to root the Hudl at all firmware versions, so if you need to root I'd recommend giving that a go..

As long as you have the drivers loaded correctly Kingo will re-root v1.3.1 as both myself and others have done this.

Both sirius-c and I have used it on win7 pro.

Guest flurry

I have no idea if its still possible to root the 1.3.1 update with Kingo. I have found that Cydia Impactor (http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/) is able to root the Hudl at all firmware versions, so if you need to root I'd recommend giving that a go..

bookmarked, if it works on OSX as it says that would be very useful for me!

Guest Justice™

bookmarked, if it works on OSX as it says that would be very useful for me!

can confirm it working on OSX, it only drops the su binary in the appropriate place so you'll need to install a super user app of your choice.

Guest flurry

can confirm it working on OSX, it only drops the su binary in the appropriate place so you'll need to install a super user app of your choice.

that's less of a problem as the 1.3.1 update didn't remove the super user app, just changed the permissions on the su binary from root to user, so for future updates it would be useful to be able to re-push the su binary. Thanks for the link!