Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Dalvik, and I think, I can decide for myself, if I need Greenify or not. I have 6 phones and tablets and be sure, it makes a difference for battery and traffic, if I use Greenify or not (donate version with GCM-Push for Apps like whatsapp, viber, threema and so on, they dont need to run and I still get my messages in real time). 

Guest fozland

I´m using this kernel together with LiquidSmooth Rom since the day Mourta posted the Rom here on MoDaCo.

I tried all versions of his kernels and updates of Rom, but with all versions, I have very slow boot (about 30 times on/off boot animation before Desktop appears and another 2 Minutes until Launcher has started all Apps, Widgets and Icons.

If I use more Apps and dont kill them allways after using, P880 lags more and more until there are 5 seconds and more without reaction. Tried other kernel versions (even Iodak V10-CM) but it seems Rom related?!

What Rom´s do you prefer, who uses another Rom with this kernel(s) without lagging? I would like to try some other Roms (e.q. vanir 4.4.), cause in this form, the phone is not really smooth and fast (only after Boot and without using more Apps at the the time).

Before you tell me "factory reset and install again", I did a factory reset and a complete new install after changing from Vanir 4.3.1 to LiquidSmooth, so I dont think, thats the problem. Some wrote, xposed may be a problem, but I need xposed for Greenify and some other modules, so if thats the problem, I need a Rom, which dont have this problem. 

Thanks for your proposals...

Hi,

Like u i use this rom and kernels as well until the first built and, so far, no problem here but i dont use either greenify or xposed.

May be u can give try to beanstalk which has xposed built in and also quite a good rom, actually i use Beanstalk and LS with multirom.

Hope it helps ;-)

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Dalvik, and I think, I can decide for myself, if I need Greenify or not. I have 6 phones and tablets and be sure, it makes a difference for battery and traffic, if I use Greenify or not (donate version with GCM-Push for Apps like whatsapp, viber, threema and so on, they dont need to run and I still get my messages in real time).

Give a look to another similar app, called Battery Doctor..I use that app without experiencing any of your problems :)

Guest Mourta

@

Giuseppe Vallone any big news in kernel that you testing? :D Can you share some info about that? (if not, just ignore, i perfectly understand)

You can't hound testers for news, if you want news you'll have to wait until he says something or until it's released.

Guest Mourta

It won't work right with my ROM so if you NEED it then you should run another ROM.

I suggest you run another kernel too.

Guest hesami

more battery usage in standby with new kernel version... i had very good battery overnight with previous version but it drains more than 10% in night now with same kernel settings

whats the default values for  lp core voltage and MPU voltages?

Edited by hesami

It won't work right with my ROM so if you NEED it then you should run another ROM.

I suggest you run another kernel too.

Ok, but to be sure, is there really a known issue with xposed? I didn´t state there is an issue, I quote from another poster, which has written, there would be an issue with xposed. Is there really a problem, nobody else use xposed framework with this kernel/rom combination? 

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

@ Giuseppe Vallone any big news in kernel that you testing? :D Can you share some info about that? (if not, just ignore, i perfectly understand)

I've just read this, sorry :) Well, we're waiting for some revertings/implementations to completely avoid latest bugs/freezes (sod, baseband issues), but this will require a bit of time yet..after that, we will test a new version, and if we'll found it really stable it'll be released, then Mourta will finally begin to build and compile the 3.4 version of the kernel, which should bring a relevant improvement to performance, battery, and so on (related to the best code optimization, which should allow the kernel running better than on 3.1.10 version)..this process (and consequently, the 3.4 release) will be a bit slower than the latest releases, because we want to be sure about giving you a bugfree experience, considering that 3.4 is a totally new platform, and probably it will require a longer testing phase..you know, you're already running a hybrid 3.1.10, which contains a great part of the code written for the 3.4 version, but it required a long test, firstly made by Mourta himself, then by us, to give you a quite stable experience and the great smoothness the most of us is experiencing with this great kernel..anyway, I think that a definitive 3.1.10 should be ready on the next days, maybe during the second half of the week..after that, you'll must have patience, and patience again..these are the only news I can share with you, at the moment ;) More updateted news will come later, but at the moment we can't say when they'll come :)

Guest technofreak

I've just read this, sorry :) Well, we're waiting for some revertings/implementations to completely avoid latest bugs/freezes (sod, baseband issues), but this will require a bit of time yet..after that, we will test a new version, and if we'll found it really stable it'll be released, then Mourta will finally begin to build and compile the 3.4 version of the kernel, which should bring a relevant improvement to performance, battery, and so on (related to the best code optimization, which should allow the kernel running better than on 3.1.10 version)..this process (and consequently, the 3.4 release) will be a bit slower than the latest releases, because we want to be sure about giving you a bugfree experience, considering that 3.4 is a totally new platform, and probably it will require a longer testing phase..you know, you're already running a hybrid 3.1.10, which contains a great part of the code written for the 3.4 version, but it required a long test, firstly made by Mourta himself, then by us, to give you a quite stable experience and the great smoothness the most of us is experiencing with this great kernel..anyway, I think that a definitive 3.1.10 should be ready on the next days, maybe during the second half of the week..after that, you'll must have patience, and patience again..these are the only news I can share with you, at the moment ;) More updateted news will come later, but at the moment we can't say when they'll come :)

Thanks for sharing info...[emoji1]

Guest Ivanhoe6

Ok, but to be sure, is there really a known issue with xposed? I didn´t state there is an issue, I quote from another poster, which has written, there would be an issue with xposed. Is there really a problem, nobody else use xposed framework with this kernel/rom combination? 

Yes, ROM starts acting weird, freezes a lot and in general becomes really slow and jittery.

Guest Mourta

It should be noted that i'm absolutely swamped right now too so updates will come at a slower rate than usual for a while (should let up around the 1'st).

I'm in the process of reworking the GPU OC, including mpdecision and cpuquiet (in an updated version) so you can switch between all of them. Once it's tested enough only one will be ported over to a new kernel.

Guest Mourta

Yes there is an issue with xposed. For a replacement for greenify, take a look under advanced options/battery saver, you'll also find a wakelock blocker in that part of the settings.

When I update to newest kernel my phone gets stuck at LG logo.

Tegra Variant 0

No problems for me (I think I have variant 1).

Tried flashing kernel zip again with formatting cache and dalvik cache?

Guest Benjan32

No problems for me (I think I have variant 1).

Tried flashing kernel zip again with formatting cache and dalvik cache?

Never mind what I said Dolphin Browser Beta has problems with downloads. I downloaded with stock browser now everything's working!

I format cache and dalvik every time.

Edited by Benjan32

Guest fozland

Hi there,

Am currently using the latest Rom and kernel from Mourta, with the recommended kernel settings and undervolted all LP and MPU tensions to -50 from defaults.

But since i flashed the 02_09 kernel my device overheat very quickly, i didn't change anything except kernel.

It happens in normal use like browsing, chat on hangout.....

Does anybody face the same problem ?

Anyone have the same issue, USB doesnt work with kernel 02-09? If I flash another kernel, USB connection to PC is working, after reflash newest Mourta, USB dont working again...

Guest fozland

Anyone have the same issue, USB doesnt work with kernel 02-09? If I flash another kernel, USB connection to PC is working, after reflash newest Mourta, USB dont working again...

USB ok here, as i use fast charge, i need to disable it using the tile in the quick settings drawer, unplug cable from the phone and plug it again and usb works 

Guest tool_king

Best kernel was the one before he messed with it

You are not forced to use it. If you are just talking other people's work down without being constructive in any way, you better go back to where you have come from.

Edited by tool_king

Guest tool_king

I am constructive, I just reported what he did wrong so he can fix it.

So, what exactly is constructive in "Best kernel was the one before he messed with it"? To say that a dev messed something is constructive and a "report what he did wrong"? Seriously? Better go trolling around in some other place!