LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest ottomanhero

I've seen that issue in XDA before, happens with even stock ROM.So no it's not the drivers being updated.Probably something within the drivers though.

I suggest you to try some battery saving(not really) apps that turn wifi off when no wifi network is detected and see if that fixes it.

Quote from mourta

Coming from another ROM a clean install means that you don't restore anything.

TB is quite useless for most things, always has been and a login will download and install all your apps just fine (including paid apps) so why not do it the recommended way?

You'll only do it once on each ROM.

I don't have the balls to re-download 4 gigs of game data with my 200 kb/s internet speed every single time I install a ROM.That's why I use TB.

I only restore apks of the apps that change kernel/system settings, but I restore apk & data of games and other apps that don't change any important settings as I see no point in deleting progress.So it is actually the same as clean install.

TB is not a complete solution on it's own.That is why I sync everything with google, but restore apps using TB.Yet it's a lifesaver if you have limited bandwidth speed.

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest justchris20

Peppe, I know you are using multirom. I also want to try it. I installed the right TWRP version with multirom support but if I'm in TWRP I get the message multirom not installed. I look in adams multirom forum and see its marked as outdated. If you have time may you post a few steps what to flash or maybe you know an updated tuturial? Thanks in advance.

Guest fozland

Peppe, I know you are using multirom. I also want to try it. I installed the right TWRP version with multirom support but if I'm in TWRP I get the message multirom not installed. I look in adams multirom forum and see its marked as outdated. If you have time may you post a few steps what to flash or maybe you know an updated tuturial? Thanks in advance.

Hi @justchris,

Last time i had to re-install Multirom i use the files from this thread with the latest mrom from adam thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2655988

But i was at least 6 month ago i can't guarantee it will works

hope it helps

Sorry for the OT @Mourta

Guest Krislv

Sometimes, this problem is due to keyboard.. Try installing Google keyboard, if you can, and select it to let it appear as ticked between the input methods (not necessary as predefined)

I hope it'll work :(

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Sure! Here you have the latest multirom compiled for our device by fluoxetine (the download link has been removed from fluoxetine's thread by our censoring moderators on XDA):

http://d-h.st/DIJ

To make multirom work, you have to flash the multirom.zip file through recovery, (you can flash the modified twrp before or after flashing the multirom.zip file, this isn't a problem), then reboot..if everything goes well, your phone should boot into multirom screen. At this point, you can reboot in recovery, then go in advanced/multirom, flash your secondary rom (if you want to use the same kernel on primary and secondary rom, just tick the "share kernel with internal rom" option, and the kernel used in internal rom will be used on secondary too).. After that, go to the rom list, select the rom you flashed before, and flash gapps and the other stuff you want to run on that rom.. Now, reboot the phone and you'll see the new rom in multirom boot menu! Important thing: you can't directly flash mourta kernel over secondary roms, because multirom doesn't support the flash of anykernel patched zips, on the top of secondary roms..so the only good way to be sure about having mourta kernel working on secondaries is to flash it on internal rom, and then to install secondary rom ticking the "share kernel with internal rom", as said before.. I tried to make a boot.img backup from my beanstalk with mourta kernel, and then to flash it on the top of Mourta's LiquidSmooth, after having installed it as secondary rom (in each secondary rom's options there is an option which allows you to remove the original boot.img from a rom and to replace it with another boot.img), but it doesn't work, because the kernel forces cores to stay on 370 Mhz, as minimum frequency..then, the only safe way to use the kernel with both roms is to tick the option described above, in installation screen.

Hope it'll help! :D

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Hi @justchris,

Last time i had to re-install Multirom i use the files from this thread with the latest mrom from adam thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2655988

But i was at least 6 month ago i can't guarantee it will works

hope it helps

Sorry for the OT @Mourta

It's really outdated, fluoxetine's zip is more recent :)

Guest Krislv

Even the notification bar doesn't work well... :( meh, having massive bugs, unable to use the stock browser because it closes before I can do something with it

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Even the notification bar doesn't work well... :( meh, having massive bugs, unable to use the stock browser because it closes before I can do something with it

What PA gapps are you using? Full, mini or micro modular package? Try mini modular, it works fine here

No luck, after reinstalling the rom + newer pa full modular pack + mourta's kernel, but I still have issues regarding the home button...

I did a system wipe, cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe

Are you restoring with titanium? If so do you have the problem before restoring data?

Are you dirty flashing over another rom to keep data?

And... When you say not working do you mean not there at all or it is shown but nothing happens when pressed?

And read here - http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/08/07/how-to-fix-missing-home-and-recents-buttons-and-notification-shade-that-refuses-to-pull-down-after-android-update/

Edited by Ben36

Guest justchris20

Sure! Here you have the latest multirom compiled for our device by fluoxetine (the download link has been removed from fluoxetine's thread by our censoring moderators on XDA):

http://d-h.st/DIJ

To make multirom work...

Hope it'll help! :D

Works perfect, thank you very much for the detail instruction... [emoji6] Edited by justchris20

Guest Krislv

I can't use the home button, even if I use the virtual navigation bar, it just doesn't work.. :( I tried to install Google Keyboard but nothing changed, and I can't see the notification most of the time, sometimes they appear, but not in the upper bar.. I did a restore with titanium, but it didn't give me any error, and I just switch from Dalvik to Art, that's when problems and issues started to grow up as mushrooms :(

Guest Krislv

What PA gapps are you using? Full, mini or micro modular package? Try mini modular, it works fine here

I'm using full modular, I'll try mini modular when I'll get back at home. I'd like to keep art as Mourta said that's the one he uses and he got no problems..

I cannot do a full wipe restoring apps with titanium, I have some saves from games or messaging apps I want to keep.. Please Peppe help me :(

Guest tool_king

All my apps work fine with Art. Everybody have to decide. Just try. Lasts some minutes.

Well, out of about 100 apps, 4 are not working with ART for me. That's still too much, but it could be worse.

Edited by tool_king

Guest Krislv

Maybe Ben36 suggested the only way to make it work with ART as I already restored app data with titanium before switching to ART, but it's still weird because it never happened.

Edited by Krislv

Guest tool_king

Maybe Ben36 suggested the only way to make it work with ART as I already restored app data with titanium before switching to ART, but it's still weird because it never happened.

Yes, I would recommend to wipe, flash the ROM new and then restore data with Titanium. That's how I did it, and besides the non-compatible apps everything seems to work properly so far.

Guest Mourta

Well, out of about 100 apps, 4 are not working with ART for me. That's still too much, but it could be worse.

Have you tried odexing the apps before installing them?

Guest Mourta

I've compiled a few new versions, they don't add much and ART is severely borked (it won't boot) in them so i'll hold back on release until it's fixed.