LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Weird thing though is that stock browser doesn't open, and I didn't restore it from titanium or anything..

I don't have this problem, i don't think anyone but you have this problem.

Do the following, clean everything out, factory reset, format system and then install the ROM, gapps and the kernel, reboot and test if it opens. If it doesn't open then there is something really strange going on.

Weird thing though is that stock browser doesn't open, and I didn't restore it from titanium or anything..

Titanium always seems to be the issue when people have problems others don't in my experience

Either that or have you modified the system at all in dvalik?

Edited by Ben36

Guest Krislv

Titanium always seems to be the issue when people have problems others don't in my experience

Either that or have you modified the system at all in dvalik?

I restored sms without titanium (?). Btw I don't think I modified the system, kernel tweaks aside, but I'm always using mourta's kernel and normal parameters in the kernel don't fix the problems.

To be precise my issues are:

Home button not working (not even with virtual navigation bar);

Nearly no notifications, even in the top bar, I can't see any recent notification;

I can't see receive calls;

Since I cannot use home button, I cannot go into Recents to remove old apps I'm not using, and this leads into a very laggy experience;

Every app works slower than before;

Stock browser not working, Chrome works very slowly, the other browsers work a bit better.

More or less these are the problems.. What I'm sure about is that everything happened when I switched to ART.

I typed this so that you have a better understanding of my poor situation, and try to understand together what happened and how to fix it.

I already tried to wipe system, cache and dalvik cache, and I reinstalled the rom, new pa gapps full modular pack, mourta's kernel, but the problems persist.

The only thing I didn't try is a data wipe, and it's leading me to think that titanium backups may be the cause of everything, but I cannot understand how... (I didn't restore any system app)

Please help me guys :(

Edited by Krislv

Guest abhi08638

I restored sms without titanium (?). Btw I don't think I modified the system, kernel tweaks aside, but I'm always using mourta's kernel and normal parameters in the kernel don't fix the problems.

To be precise my issues are:

Home button not working (not even with virtual navigation bar);

Nearly no notifications, even in the top bar, I can't see any recent notification;

I can't see receive calls;

Since I cannot use home button, I cannot go into Recents to remove old apps I'm not using, and this leads into a very laggy experience;

Every app works slower than before;

Stock browser not working, Chrome works very slowly, the other browsers work a bit better.

More or less these are the problems.. What I'm sure about is that everything happened when I switched to ART.

I typed this so that you have a better understanding of my poor situation, and try to understand together what happened and how to fix it.

I already tried to wipe system, cache and dalvik cache, and I reinstalled the rom, new pa gapps full modular pack, mourta's kernel, but the problems persist.

The only thing I didn't try is a data wipe, and it's leading me to think that titanium backups may be the cause of everything, but I cannot understand how... (I didn't restore any system app)

Please help me guys :(

Without wiping data, you're basically dirty flashing so I'd say do a clean install and report back

Guest Mourta

Without wiping data, you're basically dirty flashing so I'd say do a clean install and report back

Yup, and use the new kernel, it's.... something else. ;)

Guest Krislv

Thanks, I'll try the new kernel first, if it won't fix it I'll start doing backups and format data this time, I hope it'll fix it.. Would you recommend me to use ART before doing something with titanium?

Guest Mourta

Thanks, I'll try the new kernel first, if it won't fix it I'll start doing backups and format data this time, I hope it'll fix it.. Would you recommend me to use ART before doing something with titanium?

Definetly switch to art before you start installing or restoring apps.

Note that installing app DATA means you are restoring things that you should never ever restore when moving to a new ROM.

If you have the same phone as everyone else and the home button works for everyone but you then i suggest that you're doing something wrong.

No one ever needs to restore app data, it's just settings for the app, the actual stored data (like things you have written in an app or such) is either in your google account or on the internal/external storage.

I suppose there may be some app, somewhere, that differs but then i would advice against using that app because that developer is an idiot.

Guest Mourta

So what? :unsure:

For a normal deodexed APK ART, like Dalvik just incorporates the dex into the database, for odexed files ART uses OAT to read the file. This basically means that it should be handled by the ART interface directly to the code and the dex classes should be adjusted by the OAT interface.

Guest tool_king

For a normal deodexed APK ART, like Dalvik just incorporates the dex into the database, for odexed files ART uses OAT to read the file. This basically means that it should be handled by the ART interface directly to the code and the dex classes should be adjusted by the OAT interface.

You've been right. Odexing the apps didn't change anything. Hopefully the release of Android L will make the devs update their apps ART compatible.

Guest Mourta

You've been right. Odexing the apps didn't change anything. Hopefully the release of Android L will make the devs update their apps ART compatible.

Crap, which apps are those, are they open source?

Guest Mourta

And thanks for testing it.

the more we know, the further we get to the perfect system.

Guest Ivanhoe6

Once again, I have no idea if it is a big problem or not (hope not :)), but could You please consider using incallui and dialer from official CM since they made some real improvements with cropping of contact pictures, plus I have read that call recording is also implemented. Being a noob as I am, I have tried to replace Dialer, incallui and TeleService and I deleted odex files (since Official CM is deodexed) and all I got was a phone without stock dialer, no incall ui and no signal... :blush: .

Guest justchris20

Peppe by the way you're right if I don't share the kernel for both roms I get a message kexec-hardboot support not in kernel included by choosing the secondary rom, also in the latest mourta kernel, so no way to use two different kernels. I attempted using an improved stock version and liquidsmooth, also no progress if I swap the roms…

Edited by justchris20

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Peppe by the way you're right if I don't share the kernel for both roms I get a message kexec-hardboot support not in kernel included by choosing the secondary rom, also in the latest mourta kernel, so no way to use two different kernels. I attempted using an improved stock version and liquidsmooth, also no progress if I swap the roms…

Yes, it should be related to the anykernel patch.. Only a non-anykernel kexec-hardboot patched zip can be flashed on secondary rom's

@Mourta (obviously I'm off topic, but we're talking about it, so..) if you provide a non-anykernel zip, to be directly flashed on the top of secondary roms, may it cause problems with ramdisk on any rom? Thanks for the answer, mate :)

Guest ottomanhero

For the record I always restore apps with titanium backup and THEN switch to ART.Since first switching to ART causes problems in installation process which then causes apps to either FC or I get "application not installed" when I try to launch them, yet I can't remove or reinstall them afterwards.

This is a problem with TB rather than this rom, as a side note.

Guest justchris20

Yes, it should be related to the anykernel patch.. Only a non-anykernel kexec-hardboot patched zip can be flashed on secondary rom's

@Mourta (obviously I'm off topic, but we're talking about it, so..) if you provide a non-anykernel zip, to be directly flashed on the top of secondary roms, may it cause problems with ramdisk on any rom? Thanks for the answer, mate :)

Yes, this may do the trick, iodak kernel has kexec support >= v8 but this was the point he switched to anykernel patch so there was no kernel which works with multiboot for the secondary rom...

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Yes, this may do the trick, iodak kernel has kexec support >= v8 but this was the point he switched to anykernel patch so there was no kernel which works with multiboot for the secondary rom...

Exactly ;)