LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest guest07

Try booting without gapps...

Afaik, the baseband has absolutely nothing to do with the booting process.

Fine, let we know! :)

Thanks for your help guys.

Got it running by using an ice pack under the phone while in bootscreen.

Maybe my phone was initially to hot, so temperature safety kicked in and slowed my phone down.

With the ice pack mod ;-) though the first boot was no problem and took his time, like always.

Guest TheSonic

I did a couple of tests regarding to the CPU temperature using app called "Cpu Temperature" comparing stock ROM "Zaiben RC15" with LS ROM with Mourta's 14/8/14 Kernel:
Idle Temp: Stock=27 - 31  LS=37 - 40
Load Temp "facebook Idle screen on": Stock=37  LS=47
Load Temp facebook/browser/messanger/Monument Valley game lvl 1: Stock=44 AVG  LS=57

and for the battery Idle for 10 hours "Loss": Stock=2%   LS=0%
Screen On "can't be accurate" Stock=2 h 40 min   LS= 2 h 56 min

My opinion: over all LS in incredibly fast  for the initial use and getting slower over time with extreme lag when using the stock browser along with facebook "May be ART is the cause of this", I guess due to high temp and battery life is great, Stock doesn't provide that high performance but a stable performance over time its doesn't get slower over time or freezes with avg battery life

Guest tool_king

I did a couple of tests regarding to the CPU temperature using app called "Cpu Temperature" comparing stock ROM "Zaiben RC15" with LS ROM with Mourta's 14/8/14 Kernel:

Idle Temp: Stock=27 - 31  LS=37 - 40

Load Temp "facebook Idle screen on": Stock=37  LS=47

Load Temp facebook/browser/messanger/Monument Valley game lvl 1: Stock=44 AVG  LS=57

and for the battery Idle for 10 hours "Loss": Stock=2%   LS=0%

Screen On "can't be accurate" Stock=2 h 40 min   LS= 2 h 56 min

My opinion: over all LS in incredibly fast  for the initial use and getting slower over time with extreme lag when using the stock browser along with facebook "May be ART is the cause of this", I guess due to high temp and battery life is great, Stock doesn't provide that high performance but a stable performance over time its doesn't get slower over time or freezes with avg battery life

The results will depend on your settings a lot. So for me, such tests are useless. What counts is the overall feel in everyday life.

You didn't underclock or undervolt, right?

Edited by tool_king

Guest TheSonic

The results will depend on your settings a lot. So for me, such tests are useless. What counts is the overall feel in everyday life.

You didn't underclock or undervolt, right?

Not at all, I am using abyssplug V2 / balanced / row with LS and for the Stock I am using the defaults, Same applications are installed using ART for KK and the default for stock

Guest Stephan Binder

Thanks! I did it right anyway using the oem-unlock command. But my p880 didn't start...

I will try reinstall the drivers.

Tried, but didn't work...

I just can't bout to bootloader...

Guest creedence

Tried, but didn't work...

I just can't bout to bootloader...

P880 does not support fastboot boot!!! P880 supports only flash, erase, reboot.!!!

Do not worry, I can not go into bootloader. It is so! 

Please try to solve it at XDA. It's offtopic!!!

Guest ottomanhero

I must admit that this ROM is pretty much the fastest/most battery friendly ROM I've ever used.But it gets slow very easily when multiple apps are runing in background.Especially those which have unneccessary autoruns or services, they don't effect performance that much in other ROMs but they pretty much make my phone freeze in this ROM.It might be due to dalvik heapsize etc. set too high maybe for our phone.

However it also has best multi tasking of all.Maybe it's because of that, I'll try to play around with heapsize and OOMs to see if they help.

Guest Mourta

New Kernel works great, thanks for the effort!

Is there a reason, why I can't boot to bootloader anymore? I only see the LG logo for a long time, but nothing more happens. 10 sec power reboots to rom. Tried to boot to bootloader from TWRP Manager, CWM Manager, Advanced Power Menu and ADB...

Thanks in advance!

That's strange, i just rebooted to bootloader from the ROM and it worked fine. Only strange thing was that when i did a "fastboot reboot" it rebooted into recovery. :D

Guest Omario-242

Just did a clean install of LS with your kernel and I'm really impressed.

The speed and responsiveness of this combination is awesome and I thank you

for your superb contribution and work :)

I think there's no way to compare it to any of the rom's available on xda 

(don't want to sound disrespectful and I'm thankful for the work contributed on there).

So thank you again Mourta :)

Guest creedence

That's strange, i just rebooted to bootloader from the ROM and it worked fine. Only strange thing was that when i did a "fastboot reboot" it rebooted into recovery. :D

I have also started from the rom.Nothing happened.

Now started from TWRP.Nothing happened.

Guest TheSonic

I must admit that this ROM is pretty much the fastest/most battery friendly ROM I've ever used.But it gets slow very easily when multiple apps are runing in background.Especially those which have unneccessary autoruns or services, they don't effect performance that much in other ROMs but they pretty much make my phone freeze in this ROM.It might be due to dalvik heapsize etc. set too high maybe for our phone.

However it also has best multi tasking of all.Maybe it's because of that, I'll try to play around with heapsize and OOMs to see if they help.

That is exactly what I am facing when multitasking Facebook/browser/music/messenger I get a sudden freeze. while the RAM is around 800 MB and CPU is not utilized at first I thought it was swapping due to lack of memory but it isn't

Guest ottomanhero

That is exactly what I am facing when multitasking Facebook/browser/music/messenger I get a sudden freeze. while the RAM is around 800 MB and CPU is not utilized at first I thought it was swapping due to lack of memory but it isn't

I figured while 3 or more apps runing in background, they cause systemUI.apk to freeze, making specific UI elements to not respond your touch.Maybe it's an issue with LS itself rather than ram management or anything else

If you look in the kernel thread, Mourta is aware and fixing the ram management soon

Guest TheSonic

I figured while 3 or more apps runing in background, they cause systemUI.apk to freeze, making specific UI elements to not respond your touch.Maybe it's an issue with LS itself rather than ram management or anything else

Did you test the latest version?

Guest fozland

Did you test the latest version?

Yep, just done a dirty flash following @Mourta advise in the OP, so far everything looks good.

Thanks for the great job Mourta and all the testers.

I've found several new features which i was looking for in the previous job......

Good job ;-)

Guest TheSonic

Yep, just done a dirty flash following @Mourta advise in the OP, so far everything looks good.

Thanks for the great job Mourta and all the testers.

I've found several new features which i was looking for in the previous job......

Good job ;-)

Are you facing any lags/freezes when multitasking?

Edited by TheSonic

Guest fozland

Are facing any lags/freezes when multitasking?

Weirdly, i never faced this kind of lags, but as am on vessel in the middle of the ocean, i only use WIFI in airplane mode, maybe u can test it to confirm....

I just never manage to display 2 floating windows at the same time ( kind of split view in other ROMs) but maybe it's not possible in LS.

Hope it helps ;-)

Guest ottomanhero

Weirdly, i never faced this kind of lags, but as am on vessel in the middle of the ocean, i only use WIFI in airplane mode, maybe u can test it to confirm....

I just never manage to display 2 floating windows at the same time ( kind of split view in other ROMs) but maybe it's not possible in LS.

Hope it helps ;-)

I play clash of clans and use whatsapp at the same time with 2 floating windows, on previous version of LS.

You gotta tap ''floating mode'' after holding on a app in recent apps, then you can resize them however you wish to use 2 different apps together.

You mentioned you saw some new features earlier, can you name them?

Guest fozland

I play clash of clans and use whatsapp at the same time with 2 floating windows, on previous version of LS.

You gotta tap ''floating mode'' after holding on a app in recent apps, then you can resize them however you wish to use 2 different apps together.

You mentioned you saw some new features earlier, can you name them?

for example:

• Auto Hide network traffic and color in status bar
  • management and change density on fly
  • perhaps more that i can't remember....

FYI, am not a gamer but yesterday for testing i open almost 10 apps (hangout, settings, dictionary, play store ......) and i played zombie tsunami for half an hour without any lags...

Guest fozland

When i do this, the second app replace the first one as floating and the first one changes to fullscreen in the background !!!

by resize u mean using the snap .... 3dot menu? 

U Can manage to use to resized apps at the same time? How?

Guest asyscom

Hi,

i've try the new release of liquid but, for me, is unsable.

The new rom do not manage the ssl connection in wifi (in my office i use a wifi with auto redirect to login proxy) and not reach the login page, wiht this release i have the lost signal problem very very often...every 15 minutes drop signal and need reboot.....Why all kk roms have this problem of drop signal? I'm really frustrated at the moment the only acceptable is the beanstalk with which I have 2 or 3 signal loss per day.

FYI the error during access to login page (https) is this

net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The problem is present with all borowsers

Thanks in advance