LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=56385740

He is referring to 3.4 Interactive governor, if I got it right. But who cares, it's just official CM11.

Makes very little sense since there have been no updates to interactive since 3.1.10 except general updates so that it can follow the rest of the code.

He's running 3.1 still because the only way he can get around it and get up to 3.4 is to use my kernel (see there is a huge problem with booting the 3.4 that has to do with pretty much everything, the mainline kernel doesn't work because of several tenths of thousands of lines of code and even if he was able to edit those differently he still cannot get away from the bootloader-kernel interface that isn't implemented in the 3.4 kernel but need a separate bus interface that i had to write for it. The transition stage where video is handed over from bootloader to kernel is pretty important, you can get a kernel booting but you won't have video unless you have that and ... well... kinda need video to use the phone) at least in most part.

Anyway, i'll release an update to it just for the hell of it tomorrow, it's 3.4.104 and numerous video issues are fixed with it, i'm sending the new versions to testing tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gbozionelos

I 've installed the 2014-09-18 version. It works really fine and it is faster than other ROMs I 've used before. However, I can't get close to the pictured 7.5K score in Quadrant. The best I got with overclocking was around 6K. I got that with GPU at 529mhz and CPU at 1700mhz. Any ideas? Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Guest derders

go to developer options - select runtime - use ART - reboot and WAIT (could be some minutes ... it depends on how much apps you have installed) it looks like a bootloop on bootanimation but it changes from dalvik to ART

go to developer options - select runtime - use ART - reboot and WAIT (could be some minutes ... it depends on how much apps you have installed) it looks like a bootloop on bootanimation but it changes from dalvik to ART

Might have to click version a number of times to get developer options to show, i don't remember which version i changed it to always show.

Guest gbozionelos

Oook! I did it. And it worked! It seems faster and it comes faster in the quadrant test (it went up to the aforementioned, and desired, 7.5K). I checked for problems in the installed apps and in the great majority of them I did not find any - apparent ones at least. There was, however, some delay in loading and slowing down in Google maps plus a freeze of google earth. I think I will keep it for the time being and see how it goes. Many thanks derders, excellent job Mourta!

Oook! I did it. And it worked! It seems faster and it comes faster in the quadrant test (it went up to the aforementioned, and desired, 7.5K). I checked for problems in the installed apps and in the great majority of them I did not find any - apparent ones at least. There was, however, some delay in loading and slowing down in Google maps plus a freeze of google earth. I think I will keep it for the time being and see how it goes. Many thanks derders, excellent job Mourta!

Some apps will be slower on first load but after that they should load faster.

And you're welcome.

You do realize that this is a discontinued version though? 3.4 is all the new rage. ;)

Some apps will be slower on first load but after that they should load faster.

And you're welcome.

You do realize that this is a discontinued version though? 3.4 is all the new rage. ;)

Hallo Mourta,

but in this version, everythink works  :D

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Hallo Mourta,

but in this version, everythink works :D

In 3.4 everything works too, at this point of development, trust me and give it a try ;)

In 3.4 everything works too, at this point of development, trust me and give it a try ;)

Music playback was not useable for me, Every app i tried, often stops playback. Poweramp crashes on startup, also reported in the other thread. mx-player doesnt work good.

Bad formatted webpages, so not really useable for browsing, play store looks horrible. Games doesnt run good. I installed it more than one time. Clean installs without importing backups. All these problems doesnt exist in this "older" rom. :)

The phone part works really good, i know it, because i tried it for over one month. Deepsleep, fluidity is very good, but I went back to this rom last week.

Maybe you use a better/newer rom than me ;).

Music playback was not useable for me, Every app i tried, often stops playback. Poweramp crashes on startup, also reported in the other thread. mx-player doesnt work good.

Bad formatted webpages, so not really useable for browsing, play store looks horrible. Games doesnt run good. I installed it more than one time. Clean installs without importing backups. All these problems doesnt exist in this "older" rom. :)

The phone part works really good, i know it, because i tried it for over one month. Deepsleep, fluidity is very good, but I went back to this rom last week.

Maybe you use a better/newer rom than me ;).

That is OK, it should be noted that all those problems were resolved a long time ago though.

If people want to keep using this i'm perfectly fine with that.

It's still outdated.

Edited by Mourta

Guest SuperLamic

That is OK, it should be noted that all those problems were resolved a long time ago though.

If people want to keep using this i'm perfectly fine with that.

It's still outdated.

please, can you upload a new build for 3.4 with fixes? 15.10. version does all those things.

please, can you upload a new build for 3.4 with fixes? 15.10. version does all those things.

Wait... what? the kernel is updated long since that...

And yeah, but the next one is lollypop, do you think you can cup your balls and wait for me to get done with this?

Guest SuperLamic

Wait... what? the kernel is updated long since that...

And yeah, but the next one is lollypop, do you think you can cup your balls and wait for me to get done with this?

I mean rom update with fixes for bugs which nukman mentioned, but if you're too busy, I'll use omni for some time :) (of course with your 3.4 kernel :)

Edited by SuperLamic

I mean rom update with fixes for bugs which nukman mentioned, but if you're too busy, I'll use omni for some time :) (of course with your 3.4 kernel :)

Well that will happen when it's done, if you prefer another ROM then i don't understand why you would ask the question?

Do you think i'm developing a ROM for you to use? That would be wrong, stick to Cyanogenmod and Omni for that.

I'm developing a ROM and kernel for ME to use, you may get to take part of it if i feel like letting you.

Guest SuperLamic

Well that will happen when it's done, if you prefer another ROM then i don't understand why you would ask the question?

Do you think i'm developing a ROM for you to use? That would be wrong, stick to Cyanogenmod and Omni for that.

I'm developing a ROM and kernel for ME to use, you may get to take part of it if i feel like letting you.

Ok, I knew that, I just wanted to know if it is possible to update your LS (I mean new build, you said that you have fix for those annoying bugs)

Anyway thank you for your work, I really appreciate it.

edit: I mean the new one for 3.4 kernel, sry for posing it there.

Edited by SuperLamic

Ok, I knew that, I just wanted to know if it is possible to update your LS (I mean new build, you said that you have fix for those annoying bugs)

Anyway thank you for your work, I really appreciate it.

edit: I mean the new one for 3.4 kernel, sry for posing it there.

Yes, all of that is already solved in testing except for the original we browser not wanting to play nice, this happened because it was a build in a transition and since i'm now in the process of making a lollypop build that won't be fixed, it IS fixed in the latest chrome and it works fine in boat browser, firefox and opera so you have a few choices there. I just fixed audio to a point where i'm now done fixing it and it's perfect, by perfect i mean that hifi sound is better than any other kernel at this stage.

I've also fixed all other issues except one and i'll get to that once i'm done with the transition to 3.8 because it's easier to do that transition than to fix that problem.

This will take a week or two but in the mean time, i'm sending a fix upstream to testing to make sure you can enjoy your phone without any of those bugs.

I'm not doing that because you are complaining about it, i do that because i solved it and i figure that i might as well share it. ;)

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Mourta i will say this here and you will hate me i just know it. You make a great rom,i mean the thing is flying like i never seen something like that and i used a loot of roms. It is wild it has a loot of options,it looks awsom BUT there are some things that cause problems that happend to me. Normall screen and instantly changes to enter your pin number. Now i cant have that because i really need my phone. Broken pictures in gapps i really dont mind and care because all us working just those pictures are i guess stupid :D . and few times the lhone has frozen and did not reacted on anything so i had to pull my battery out. Now taking a log of that is pretty hard because it happens out of blue. Like i said i tried CM,Vanir,Commotio,Pacman,Mokeerom,Miui,and some that i dont remember the names and your is better adleast for 50%. But it has some minor problems that is all

• 4 weeks later...

Some news updates ? A bug met, the screen does not light up an incoming call (in sunlight most common), can not read QR codes. If you can solve it would be perfect. Thank You.

As mourta said a lot of times now, this is outdated, use the one with 3.4 kernel and wait for new updates, kernel is still under development and with new kernel version we could get updated kk and LP, but that's mourtas choice so wait what he'll give us in the next weeks.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

As mourta said a lot of times now, this is outdated, use the one with 3.4 kernel and wait for new updates, kernel is still under development and with new kernel version we could get updated kk and LP, but that's mourtas choice so wait what he'll give us in the next weeks.

Well said and very correct ;)

Guest ottomanhero

Some news updates ? A bug met, the screen does not light up an incoming call (in sunlight most common), can not read QR codes. If you can solve it would be perfect. Thank You.

Just a side note, QR codes cannot be read in grouper blob (used by p880 dev sources) based ROMs.You might get lucky to get it read.I'm using neoreader and after a few restart of the app while the camera is pointed towards the code it detects it.Sometimes even at the first try

Just a side note, QR codes cannot be read in grouper blob (used by p880 dev sources) based ROMs.You might get lucky to get it read.I'm using neoreader and after a few restart of the app while the camera is pointed towards the code it detects it.Sometimes even at the first try

This may change once we move to a standardized codebase where nvidia modules for the nvidia standard camera (which is in the kernel, our different cameras are all running through this part of the kernel interface anyway so there is no reason why it should be different for any kernel based on 3.4 which means that we can use Cardhu Nvidia modules instead) and build our own stagefright with needed additions.

i wanted to do that when we were having problems with the old grouper blobs but when Adam77Root managed to hack them i started focusing on updating the kernel instead.

It should be quite possible to just add our own includes and build it natively.