LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest Gerard Szulc

Oh and for those of you using multiboot, i'm on that.

It's fairly simple since it exists for grouper as is, just have to replace a couple of filed and recompile.

"Can't you use fluoxentines stuff"... heh... i probably could, if it existed.

It's no risk these days either, the worst that could happen is that it screws up your boot partition and in that case you just boot into recovery and restore it.

One thing you are right his recovery was too big for our recovery partition and couldnt be flashed . but other things? you are just old hater which must discredit someone just for fun because users believe you... I really apreciate your work and other stuff.

I am compiling roms too just for fun or to have latest version or there is no duch rom sometimes I share them too. And no one ever have problem that i didnt add anything. Fluoxetine always gave credits to properly ppl.

And what you saing is just plain bullshit and lies.

I hope there will be no offence like this on me next days.

BTW : i prefer old blobs XD

Edited by Gerard Szulc

Ok so this is my eagerly awaited version of LiquidSmooth, mainly based on the great work of Adam77Root's work on his dev tree, my own adaptations and ArchiDroid's optimizations.

Source:

https://github.com/LiquidSmooth

https://bitbucket.org/mourta/liquid_kernel_lge_p880-stable

https://github.com/JustArchi/android_build/commit/0cf89401cc8092dda959b5746ec4899fda756cec

The ROM in question:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yqsrfa8h247m4bc/LS-KK-v3.2-2014-07-21-p880.zip

New version 08-05:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1rn7l0nifrz91co/LS-KK-v3.2-2014-08-02-p880.zip

New version 08-17:

Mourta-LS-KK-v3.2-2014-08-17-p880.zip

This version has the 08-12 kernel so there is no need to flash that too.

This version is ART compatible.

Mourta-LS-KK-v3.2-2014-08-22-p880.zip

Install, let it boot, enter kernel tweaker and set intelliplug to boot by default, reboot and you are on your way.

I'm not going to go one by one for all the chanes here, it's a MASSIVE update, moving from cpuquiet to intelliplug is just a small part.

New version 09-16:

LS-KK-v3.2-2014-09-18-p880.zip

Almost all the goodies everyone ever asked for and it's got a new kernel.

After initial bootup, do the above, unless it's already in order.

This ís a three way compromise that can be optimized, this can reach over 8k in quantum, over 27k in antutu without overclocking but to run it that way you'll sacrifice a lot of battery, it can also go over 4 hours of screen on without overclocking or undervolting.

Everything is exposed to the sysfs so have at it.

----------------------------------------

Anyone using this version will wonder "what did you change to do this"? It's the next step in development, heading for the massive kernel changes ahead.

ROW, abyssplug, no overclocking and you get this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/zgpunw0yz3dx54v/Screenshot_2014-08-01-18-21-33.png

If this for some reason shouldn't boot properly the solution is to install my kernel from my thread, use the latest version.

Installing it is as easy as wiping everything and installing it if you're coming from another ROM, if you are coming from a previous liquid of mine then just install it.

You're going to need 4.4.4 gapps to go with this or you'll experience problems with the gapps process.

I recommend installing the kernel even if it boots, it's a much improved kernel.

If something doesn't work, you did something wrong. ;)

Can you clean up a bit this first thread ? It is little confusing o.O after downloading and full wiping the system fleshing your rom do we still need to flesh again new kernel (even if it is the latest build of rom ?)."After firat boot up do thing above " what things ? Change to intelliplug or ??? It is little confusing to me.[emoji19]

P.S. i dont see anywhere intelliplug in cpuquite xD  also i noticed i have 1% time in state with 1700 MHz cpu and it is set max 1500 min 51 WTF?

Edited by dimi89

Guest Gerard Szulc

Can you clean up a bit this first thread ? It is little confusing o.O after downloading and full wiping the system fleshing your rom do we still need to flesh again new kernel (even if it is the latest build of rom ?)."After firat boot up do thing above " what things ? Change to intelliplug or ??? It is little confusing to me.[emoji19]

P.S. i dont see anywhere intelliplug in cpuquite xD also i noticed i have 1% time in state with 1700 MHz cpu and it is set max 1500 min 51 WTF?

Clean data of trickster or kernel tuner after flashing new version. Some options may appear only after this.

Guest Gerard Szulc

Not a problem since i alwayse perform full wipe before fleshing every new build or rom.Maybe it was ghoust report will monitor it.

You are wiping data also? Edited by Gerard Szulc

Wiping ecerything and formating everything except external SD alwayse even for nightly builds.Will test Omni and compare this two.Btw noticed that auto brightness have a bit high values for my taste so i manualy adjust it to even more save battery :)

Guest daniel.mota

@Mourta, flashing the latest version now... let's try this beauty!

Thanks!

Well, the rom is superfast, as was the previous, but after some time it gets extremely laggy and slow (poor ram management?).

I've just experienced a "black screen" when turning the phone on while it's being charged. It seemed like it was working normally, because I heard a new message notification, but the sceen was just off, even while clicking the power button a lot of times.

As for the battery life, it's too early to say something, it'll require a few more days.

Guest creedence

Does this ROM have green screen camera issue like other ROMs based on grouper blobs?

Right! There is that. [emoji25]

This happened to me also. Black screen and hangs up.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wMLxftQIyIOVphMnI2blFzZW8/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wMLxftQIyIWG00UFJyVlJwSWc/edit?usp=docslist_api

Please keep working on this rom. (If you have time). It's just damn good! We are very grateful! [emoji106]

dmesg.txt

logcat.txt

Edited by creedence

Guest phynix5800

I've just experienced a "black screen" when turning the phone on while it's being charged. It seemed like it was working normally, because I heard a new message notification, but the sceen was just off, even while clicking the power button a lot of times.

A while ago, I had this as well with the previous version of the ROM but not while charging. I tried to turn the phone on regularly to get a bus ticket on display but I only got a black screen - only the softbuttons were lit up.

I had to fall back and reboot the phone while waiting for the next bus - what a bummer xD.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

@all the guys who are experiencing freezes: have you undervolted? If so, try to don't go under -75 mV, here the problem seems completely solved by this way..about screen on time, I achieved up to 4h 52mins while testing the kernel, two weeks ago (using only WiFi). And it wasn't completely optimized yet, in fact now I can reach a really bigger overall usage time than before (not only 12hours) ;)

post-1044898-14114637184109_thumb.jpg

post-1044898-14114637394678_thumb.jpg

So, I flashed yesterday the latest version of this ROM. I think battery duration heavily depends on gApps type you choose to install. In fact, with Full-modular gApps, performance was not good. I wiped all and tried with mini-modular package, and battery improved enormously. Almost an hour with 20% of battery. 

So, if you don't really use Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, etc etc I suggest you choose to install mini-modular package (or nano, or pico, I din't try them yet).

Really nice work, thank you for your efforts!

Guest greece4E

i use micro pa-gapps only playstore and 2 more apk ,,,only wifi with broswing no calls photo etc time onscreen only 2;30h 
no underlock or undervolt 

Edited by greece4E

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

i use micro pa-gapps only playstore and 2 more apk ,,,only wifi with broswing no calls photo etc time onscreen only 2;30h

no underlock or undervolt

This is very strange..are you using battery draining apps? Or maybe you've an exhausted battery?

@Mourta

thanks for latest version

it runs much better - could open as much apps as I want :-)

and it is fast and smooth if there were not there kinds of problems

- had one time this blackscreen with buttons light on and can`t get back(need to reboot) that others reported too - how to log this ?

- and had a RIL crash after switching 2g/3g and on/off some times at under 20% battery - an auto recovery  - RIL crashed for x second - restart RIL could not help here ? (have a log somewhere - will upload it later)

for screen on time test - everyone has to use it in same way if you really compare

brightness is set to?

display timeout?

3g or 2g?

wifi on - 2.4ghz or 5ghz ? wifi scan supplicant set to?

underclocked? which setup?

main difference - baseband_xmm_power yes/no?

how old is battery?

wakelocks?

and and

browsing, video, audio, calls, wifi, 3g consumption differs or not?

I get 6.5h looping a video (it is a test for my own to see whenever I have the feeling that battery performance could really decrease I (will) run it. - hehe not runing this every month .. no to test longtime battery life

if someone want`s to compare http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/63298961/file.html

I also expienced best sleeping with micro PA-GAPPS. Normal package where I never used all these stuff had much more wakelocks.

But I never use Google+ Hangouts and and ..

I would recommend to try this and if someone needs Maps or whatever to install it later on top 

Edit: added logs for RIL crash

ril-O2.rar

Edited by derders

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

@Mourta

thanks for latest version

it runs much better - could open as much apps as I want :-)

and it is fast and smooth if there were not there kinds of problems

- had one time this blackscreen with buttons light on and can`t get back(need to reboot) that others reported too - how to log this ?

- and had a RIL crash after switching 2g/3g and on/off some times at under 20% battery - an auto recovery - RIL crashed for x second - restart RIL could not help here ? (have a log somewhere - will upload it later)

for screen on time test - everyone has to use it in same way if you really compare

brightness is set to?

display timeout?

3g or 2g?

wifi on - 2.4ghz or 5ghz ? wifi scan supplicant set to?

underclocked? which setup?

main difference - baseband_xmm_power yes/no?

how old is battery?

wakelocks?

and and

browsing, video, audio, calls, wifi, 3g consumption differs or not?

I get 6.5h looping a video (it is a test for my own to see whenever I have the feeling that battery performance could really decrease I (will) run it. - hehe not runing this every month .. no to test longtime battery life

if someone want`s to compare http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/63298961/file.html

I also expienced best sleeping with micro PA-GAPPS. Normal package where I never used all these stuff had much more wakelocks.

But I never use Google+ Hangouts and and ..

I would recommend to try this and if someone needs Maps or whatever to install it later on top

You are completely right, about screen on time comparisons! :D Anyway, 2h30mins is really too bad..with a heavy usage (playing games, using h+ connection, etc) I always reached at least 3hours and some minutes of screen on time

do you have baseband xmm power wakelock?

a friend has no

i have

both tegra variant 0

friend: 7,8 days of sleep (he doesen*t use it really :-))

me: max really max 3 days  (tried with his battery and another)

both same baseband

this baseband *** is always present - so ROM / Kernel / Screen on comparisation can be made with two devices with or without it - other would end in the 20cm competition  :P  :D  :blink: 

I have done the right way -- to not get angry --

buy another battery or two and an external charger

only solution if you are on the road or want to use it without loosing your hairs :-)

Guest ottomanhero

I'm unable to boot with ART enabled, using latest version of this ROM.

Checking with TWRP's file manager, android framework.oat is the only entry in dalvik cache folder so I'd say it is unable to create oat file for it since I wiped dalvik cache several times, yet it was always this file there, being recreated at every fail-boot.

Then I deleted art.lib and art_compiler.lib with hopes of the ROM switching to dalvik back since libs don't exist.The next boot, my phone booted up just fine.

I don't want to switch back to older version of the ROM as this one is whole a lot snappier for me and I achieved 5.7 k quadrant on stock settings, whereas I couldn't get above 5.5 k with older version.

Is anyone using ART atm and experiencing/not experiencing this issue?

Guest tool_king

I'm unable to boot with ART enabled, using latest version of this ROM.

Checking with TWRP's file manager, android framework.oat is the only entry in dalvik cache folder so I'd say it is unable to create oat file for it since I wiped dalvik cache several times, yet it was always this file there, being recreated at every fail-boot.

Then I deleted art.lib and art_compiler.lib with hopes of the ROM switching to dalvik back since libs don't exist.The next boot, my phone booted up just fine.

I don't want to switch back to older version of the ROM as this one is whole a lot snappier for me and I achieved 5.7 k quadrant on stock settings, whereas I couldn't get above 5.5 k with older version.

Is anyone using ART atm and experiencing/not experiencing this issue?

Yes, I'm using ART without the issues you mentioned. Sometimes screen of death and some lags, but nothing else to complain about.

Guest greece4E

Try with the phone off! Trust me you will get much more than you would expect.

This rom is awesome only problem is i cant logcat when is in this state but i have no problems to report. When new rom out i"ll surely switch it on to flash bit scary i know but oh well. Thanks for this awesome work now am in love again with my phone and its bsod

:ppppppppp