ZTE Kis 3 / ZTE Open C stock ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest OrangeFox

It's fixed, wohoo! While searching for QPST I stumbled on several fake malware QPST files, it took me a while to find an official program and here it is, for anyone who will need it, it's a life saver!

It's an old program but works perfectly on Windows 8.

Link: http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/qualcomm/models/qpst/12051.html

Have a good night :)

Dear Friends

I bought ZTE Kis 3 from Greece (Athens) that I live. The stock firmware of my smartphone was :

http://download.zted...52111022519.zip

ro.build.display.id=ZTE_KIS_III_V1.0
ro.build.inner.version=GEN_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B08
ro.build.version.release=4.4.2
ro.build.date=Wed Apr 16 22:37:53 CST 2014
ro.product.model=ZTE Kis 3
ro.product.brand=ZTE
ro
.product.name=ZTE-P821E10
ro
.product.device=ZTE-P821E10

I booted into stock recovery (Power Button + Volume Up) and applied this http://down.comebuy...._Android4.4.rar to test firefox OS .

The problem is that I don't know how to restore to stock firmware that was in my device before i applied it. When I am trying to apply the stock "update.zip" through recovery. I am getting an error :

assert failed: get prop("ro.product.name") == "ZTE-P821E10"

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Update Failed,Package Mismatch

Installation aborted.

Can you please help me solve it ?

Guest KonstaT

Dear Friends

I bought ZTE Kis 3 from Greece (Athens) that I live. The stock firmware of my smartphone was :

http://download.zted...52111022519.zip

ro.build.display.id=ZTE_KIS_III_V1.0

ro.build.inner.version=GEN_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B08

ro.build.date=Wed Apr 16 22:37:53 CST 2014

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=ZTE-P821E10

ro.product.device=ZTE-P821E10

I booted into stock recovery (Power Button + Volume Up) and applied this http://down.comebuy...._Android4.4.rar to test firefox OS .

The problem is that I don't know how to restore to stock firmware that was in my device before i applied it. When I am trying to apply the stock "update.zip" through recovery. I am getting an error :

assert failed: get prop("ro.product.name") == "ZTE-P821E10"

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Update Failed,Package Mismatch

Installation aborted.

Can you please help me solve it ?

This:

Inside each update.zip you'll also find the stock recovery (recovery.img) compatible with each firmware.

You're trying to flash an update with a mismatching recovery image. There's a stock recovery linked under generic B10 that you can probably use to flash generic B08 as well.

This:

You're trying to flash an update with a mismatching recovery image. There's a stock recovery linked under generic B10 that you can probably use to flash generic B08 as well.

Dear KonstaT

Thank you very much for your fast reply to my problem. Do you mean this file ?

Recovery: https://dl.dropboxus...10-recovery.img

ro.build.display.id=ZTE_KIS_III_V3.0

ro.build.inner.version=GEN_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B10

ro.build.date=Fri May  9 13:02:04 CST 2014

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=ZTE-P821E10

ro.product.device=ZTE-P821E10

If "yes", how do i flash it in my device? 

Guest KonstaT

Thank you very much for your fast reply to my problem. Do you mean this file ?

If "yes", how do i flash it in my device? 

Yes.

Exactly the same way you would flash/boot any other recovery image (stock or custom). There's instructions in the ClockWorkMod thread.

Dear KonstT

Thanx for your help . I installed "minimal adb and fast boot" from xda, I used the driver that is preinstalled in the device rom "connect to pc" option. 

The first command "adb reboot bootloader" puts the device in black screen and only powers on if you remove the battery. The second command "fastboot flash recovery XXXXXXX" gives "waiting for device error" and stays there forever. Of course USB Debugging is checked .

Why is that? Any Suggestion?

dos.txt

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

Thanx for your help . I installed "minimal adb and fast boot" from xda, I used the driver that is preinstalled in the device rom "connect to pc" option. 

The first command "adb reboot bootloader" puts the device in black screen and only powers on if you remove the battery. The second command "fastboot flash recovery XXXXXXX" gives "waiting for device error" and stays there forever. Of course USB Debugging is checked .

Problems with Windows fastboot drivers already discussed in the very same ClockWorkMod thread.

Problems with Windows fastboot drivers already discussed in the very same ClockWorkMod thread.

Dear KonstaT 

I tried the same method in a macbook (MAc OS X 10.7.2 Lion). The device enters "bootloader" mode succesfully. Unfortunately the recovery image 

https://dl.dropboxus...10-recovery.img

Can NOT BE FLASHED, an error displayed on console "Can not open image file".So we have 2 Operating Systems (Windows and Mac OS X) with the same problem. 

Please help

Edited by Guest

Guest hecatae

Dear KonstT

that's because the zte drivers are very broken, I get round this by installing pdanet http://www.theandroidsoul.com/android-drivers-adb-and-fastboot-android-phones-tablets/

Guest KonstaT

Dear KonstaT 

I tried the same method in a macbook (MAc OS X 10.7.2 Lion). The device enters "bootloader" mode succesfully. Unfortunately the recovery image 

https://dl.dropboxus...10-recovery.img

Can NOT BE FLASHED, an error displayed on console "Can not open image file".So we have 2 Operating Systems (Windows and Mac OS X) with the same problem. 

Please help

Fastboot should just work on OS X (and Linux) without any additional drivers AFAIK. It's only Windows that has issues.

Also try renaming the file to e.g. recovery.img first. Fastboot might have a problem with those special characters.

Hi Everybody

Thanx for the drivers tip. I booted from custom recovery " fastboot boot image.img" , I rooted the device, I installed build.prop apk and changed the name of the device. Then I "fast boot boot official.img" and applied official update.

Boom Success , back to stock

Thanx For your help

Edited by Guest

Guest skynetdev

IIRC it's QPST's 'Software Download' app that you need to use. And maybe some hex editing to put your IMEI (sticker under battery or retail packaging) back to the qcn file. Shouldn't be any different than on other devices. Google will find several instructions for that.

sorry for my english.

How to restore IMEI on ZTE OPEN C  (QUALCOMM)  if it showed as 0 (zero)

I just tried to restore my IMEI and I made mistake with it, and now I can't  do any  calls

You should know that you will have only one chance to set your IMEI

First you need to install Firefox OS

after that you will be able to find out what COM port is used when your phone is connected to PC  via device manager

In my case it COM3

now you can launch QPST Configuration  select "Ports"   press ADD PORT   remove checkbox "Show serial and USB..."   after that will be displayed COM3

select it  press OK

after that go in menu and select  "Start Clients"  and select  RF NV Item Manager

you will see window of RF NV Item Manager   go in menu "Settings" -> Comport   select COM3  and press OK

then go in menu  File->Read from Phone

in list of properties you should find  550   NV_EU_IMEI_I

if it lost then go in menu  Option -> costomized NV Item list  find in first column 550   NV_EU_IMEI_I  and add it in second column

after that you can select  550   NV_EU_IMEI_I

now we need to set our IMEI   in HEX   don't forget to set checkbox   "Hex"

for example you have next IMEI

8  62 52 90 13 15 11 83

it should be enter  like this

8 8A 26 25  9  31 51 11 38

after that just press button  Write NV and reboot your phone

In my case I made mistake and now my IMEI equal 12

and now I can't change it and I can't call anywhere my GSM operator don't allow me to do any calls

Please find more instruction in Internet to be sure that you will made all correct

Edited by skynetdev

Guest KonstaT

How to restore IMEI on ZTE OPEN C  (QUALCOMM)  if it showed as 0 (zero)

Well, that's why I wanted to know what you did to lose your IMEI. If you were able to make phone calls before, missing IMEI was likely not your problem (but it is now). Also it's not necessary to flash any specific ROM to use QPST. You just need to put the phone to USB diagnostic mode first (e.g. 'setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb' in rooted shell).

QPST's 'RF NV Item Manager' has been deprecated a long time ago and shouldn't be used with any modern device. It's not even included in more recent QPST versions anymore. Like said, use 'Software Download' app to backup NV items to a .qcn file, hex edit the IMEI back, and restore the backup.

There's few reasons I'm not posting any tools or specific instructions. QPST is a confidential and proprietary Qualcomm software and no one here should really have it. Distributing/linking it here is no different than any other warez. Changing IMEI is also illegal in pretty much every country AFAIK.

Guest skynetdev

Well, that's why I wanted to know what you did to lose your IMEI. If you were able to make phone calls before, missing IMEI was likely not your problem (but it is now). Also it's not necessary to flash any specific ROM to use QPST. You just need to put the phone to USB diagnostic mode first (e.g. 'setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb' in rooted shell).

QPST's 'RF NV Item Manager' has been deprecated a long time ago and shouldn't be used with any modern device. It's not even included in more recent QPST versions anymore. Like said, use 'Software Download' app to backup NV items to a .qcn file, hex edit the IMEI back, and restore the backup.

There's few reasons I'm not posting any tools or specific instructions. QPST is a confidential and proprietary Qualcomm software and no one here should really have it. Distributing/linking it here is no different than any other warez. Changing IMEI is also illegal in pretty much every country AFAIK.

I really do not remember what I did to lose my IMEI

maybe when I flashing the firmware of  Firefox 1.4 or Android I   stopped process

or  using not official firmware  of Firefox 1.4

I don't know

I made mistake because didn't found any good instruction in Internet about how correct to enter my IMEI in HEX

Tomorrow I will  bring my phone on repair service maybe I still have chance to restore my IMEI, will see.

Edited by skynetdev

Guest Wozza_UK

Just flash a custom recovery image then. No need to do anything else before that.

FYI that recovery you're talking about is broken in various ways. E.g. sdcards are configured completely wrong which leads to /data partition never being formatted when you do a factory reset.

Hi KonstaT.

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I have had a thought about what I want to do with the Open C.  I would like to update Gaia/Gecko from Mozilla if possible instead of following XDA custom ROM method. 

Its seems a bit tricky.  I am going to follow the Mozilla page you linked to.  

How hard is "building" for the device?

I am confused about this part:

During the configuration step, you need to reference a custom manifest file for the Open C

What does this mean?  There is a link to a bug page in that paragraph.

Thanks.
Edited by Wozza_UK

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT.

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I have had a thought about what I want to do with the Open C.  I would like to update Gaia/Gecko from Mozilla if possible instead of following XDA custom ROM method. 

Its seems a bit tricky.  I am going to follow the Mozilla page you linked to.  

How hard is "building" for the device?

I am confused about this part:

During the configuration step, you need to reference a custom manifest file for the Open C

What does this mean?  There is a link to a bug page in that paragraph.

Thanks.

I think the Mozilla's instructions are now somewhat outdated as their reference device Flame has now moved to use a KitKat base image. Open C stock Firefox OS is still based on Jelly Bean. Shallow flash method doesn't work anymore and I really can't comment on how difficult it would be for someone to build gaia/gecko.

There's my KitKat based CAF Firefox OS 2.0 build on this forum. You'll need to update to Android KitKat before flashing that.

French community is releasing nightly/weekly/monthly builds in various Firefox OS flavours. These builds are to be flashed over the Jelly Bean based stock Firefox OS engineering build. You'll need to use a Windows tool to flash that first.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wozza_UK

Hi KonstaT.

Thats a shame about the Mozilla instructions being out of date.  I would have liked to give it a go but it may have been too complex for me to follow.  I probably would have bricked the device :0

Yesterday I was all set to try and put Android  on the device and sell the Open C, but after reading your post I would like to try putting 2.0 or 2.1 on.  I've got a bit of a fondness for Firefox OS after my brief experience with 1.3.  I don't know why because its still very raw, but I just liked its simplicity and I really like the look of the UI and colours for 2.0+.

I will have a look at your build and have a look also at the French community builds (I may put Windows back on my PC just to try them out).  I saw the French community website some time ago but it was all in French!  I could not find it in English, but now I know its in English too which is neat!

Are the French community builds being updated regualry even now?

Edited by Wozza_UK

Guest Andreiir

Hi there .

I need some help with a brick kis 3 .

I was updating with greece update.zip , after that it become brick , i try with qpst , but i am beginer in that , so if someone would help me i will be gratefull about that .

I need some hints , i have clues , but i am stuck at flashing with qpst , never done that before .

Tanks in advance .

Guest Barteu

Konta T, i want to go back to my old and stock rom, cause now,there is a new update that let us move app to sd card. But now that i have CWM 6.0... i can't install upadate.zip,it gives me an error message. how can i get to stock recovery, or if not need, how can i install the update.zip with the CWM 6.0...? can u help me pls? ty

Guest Barteu

btw, really nice work with the costum roms,they're great! but for the use that i give to the phone, i needed to go back to  the stock rom cause the phone was getting slow. I really need a new phone for the things i wanna to do, but really nice job. it helped me a lot.

Guest KonstaT

Konta T, i want to go back to my old and stock rom, cause now,there is a new update that let us move app to sd card. But now that i have CWM 6.0... i can't install upadate.zip,it gives me an error message. how can i get to stock recovery, or if not need, how can i install the update.zip with the CWM 6.0...? can u help me pls? ty

Which stock firmware are you returning to? Easiest way if of course to restore a nandroid backup you've made of your stock ROM. There's even a backup of the stock recovery.img in the clockworkmod backup folder on your sdcard if you did the first backup before flashing CWM. All recovery images (stock or custom) are flashed exactly the same way (instructions in the CWM thread).

There's already few recovery images listed in the OP. I can create an image from the contents of a stock firmware zip if I know which one you need (or you could do it yourself).

Guest Aesin

Wait, there's an update that allows us to move apps to SD? Which one?

I'm still on V1.3, is it even worth updating?