[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

ok i think i found the issue, imei sv: 00

http://www.modaco.com/topic/337340-update-zte-imei-flash-tool-for-imei-all-0-machine/ <-- how do i find my old IMEI SV number ?

z5hFLAp.png

^^-see attached post!!! jeez! maybe after i fix this though i can have sweet sweet cm11 / bluetooth / and 3g!!!!!

That's one of the reasons why I've always avoided windows flash tools also on all my previous ZTE devices. I've never used one so far.

Did installation fail at some point? Did you have the 'Erase CEFS' box checked? Did you have stock recovery installed when you used the flash tool?

QPST is probably the only way to restore your IMEI. You should restore stock recovery and reboot your device into FTM mode by pressing both volume up and down buttons while powering on. Then you can backup your NV memory items in QPST, hex edit your IMEI back in place, and restore it using QPST. You'll find your original IMEI number behind your device's battery and it's also printed to the sticker on the side of the box.

Guest hecatae

Hi,

thank you for that great ROM.

To install this ROM I used my PC with Linux Mint as OS. Installing CWM,ROM  and Gapps with adb tools was no problem for me.

But I have the following problem:

2-3 times a day, i can't awake the phone from Standby.

When i press the power button, the display stays black. It seems that the phone was shut down, but this isn't the fact.

When i connect the phone to my PC, the PC finds the partitions on the phone.

The only thing i can do is:

I have to remove and insert the battery, and start the phone manually.

I am new to Cyanogenmod, so there is possible a solution for me. Any idea what i can do?

...and yes, i did format the system and i did wipe data and factoy reset before installing the ROM.

Thx

Hylli

I have the same fault on a zte open c, at 4pm everyday it will experience the same symptoms listed above, only solution is to pull the battery, it's like the phone reboots into ftm / fastboot mode and just stays there.

I'm going to windows flash my device back to a open c and then install cm11 again

Guest derpin7

That's one of the reasons why I've always avoided windows flash tools also on all my previous ZTE devices. I've never used one so far.

Did installation fail at some point? Did you have the 'Erase CEFS' box checked? Did you have stock recovery installed when you used the flash tool?

QPST is probably the only way to restore your IMEI. You should restore stock recovery and reboot your device into FTM mode by pressing both volume up and down buttons while powering on. Then you can backup your NV memory items in QPST, hex edit your IMEI back in place, and restore it using QPST. You'll find your original IMEI number behind your device's battery and it's also printed to the sticker on the side of the box.

well the IMEI is there the IMEI SV is set to 00, can you check if your zte open c with cm11 is showing IMEI SV 00?  i dont know how i would find out the SV number ?

Guest KonstaT

I have the same fault on a zte open c, at 4pm everyday it will experience the same symptoms listed above, only solution is to pull the battery, it's like the phone reboots into ftm / fastboot mode and just stays there.

I'm going to windows flash my device back to a open c and then install cm11 again

I doubt time has anything to do with that unless you have installed some app that does some spesific task that time, or there's something spesific that you do every day at that time. I've never seen this happen randomly on my device and even now, I have more than 48 hours of uptime.

It's not a FTM or recovery mode. I think it some dump mode that happens when there's a kernel panic (caused a few those while messing with kernel camera drivers).

well the IMEI is there the IMEI SV is set to 00, can you check if your zte open c with cm11 is showing IMEI SV 00?  i dont know how i would find out the SV number ?

Yeah, my IMEI SV is also 00. Not sure if it couldn't be something else too though. It's not 00 on my other device.

Guest hecatae

I doubt time has anything to do with that unless you have installed some app that does some spesific task that time, or there's something spesific that you do every day at that time. I've never seen this happen randomly on my device and even now, I have more than 48 hours of uptime.

It's not a FTM or recovery mode. I think it some dump mode that happens when there's a kernel panic (caused a few those while messing with kernel camera drivers).

minimal gapps installed, happens on 2 zte open c flashed to kis 3 layout

Guest derpin7

oh sweet jesus, i fixed the issue with my modem H / H+ / 3G whatever you want to call it..

just a quick rundown of what i did to BREAK the modem and then what i did to FIX the modem:

HOW I BROKE THE PHONE:

TLDR: Flashed an EU Android image with the upgrade tool which only contained radio/modem for EU which only allowed me to work on US ATT Edge!! (UGH)

The minute i unboxed my phone i immediately flashed it with the Open C upgrade tool from the 7z file "ZTE_Open_C.7z" that is floating around the forums ( http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/zte-open-c-2014-unlocked-firefox-os-android-kitkat-for-38-99-sold-zte-uk-1960296?page=5), it contains the following image 

STAY AWAY FROM THIS U.S. USERS: ZTE_Open_C.7z\Android_4.4_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B06_DL\

Immediately after i flashed this EU image to my US phone is when i could only connect to EDGE within the united states.

so from that point onwards my RADIO/MODEM was HOSED (for US functions anyway). EDGE ONLY NO 3G!

Sometime after that i found CM11 / CWM from KonSTAT (the CWM image saved my ASS!!)

THE FIX:

so here is what i did to fix the issue! i found the firefox help page with the link to the "Manual" Updates:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/ZTE_OPEN_C 

Which directed me to the OPEN C UPGRADE TOOL HOMEPAGE:

http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html

which has the "unlocked" FFOS with AMERICAN modem/radio (konstat eluded to this in a previous post).

http://down.comebuy.com/FFOS_US_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL.zip

FFOS_US_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL

after i flashed that, then i flashed CWM back onto the device by holding power + down vol for bootloader and pushing the recovery to flash over FASTBOOT: 

fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img

THEN From Konstats amazing CWM i flashed to 

EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip 

which ran the appropriate scripts to convert FFOS to ANDROID --  cwm also gave me the option to avoid a reflash of the recovery / install root!!, after a reboot, SURE ENOUGH H+ 3G WHATEVER was BACK!!!!.

after that i booted back into recovery and flashed:

cm-11-20140817-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip

sure enough, everything was working on boot!

thanks so much konstat.

hope this helps some of the other unlucky souls ive seen on the internet namely: https://www.straighttalkwirelessforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6792&t=1265501

Edited by derpin7

Guest KonstaT

@derpin7

I'm glad you got it sorted out. :)

Those windows flashers change some of the 'low level' stuff and thus are much more powerful than flashing official ZTE firmware through recovery. We already knew windows flasher can change the partition layout, apparently there's also something that affects the modem.

Edit. I just diff'ed contents of FFOS_EU_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL.zip and FFOS_US_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL.zip and they're almost identical. :o No difference what comes to modems/etc. Also probably only difference in system images is the build number...
# modified:   fs_image.tar.gz.mbn.img
# modified:   system.img

So there is no real difference between EU and US Firefox OS firmware. What the Android_4.4_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B06_DL does, still needs to be figured out.

Guest derpin7

i wonder if a diff between the following files wouldnt be useful? i know there will be a LOT of changes, but that was the upgrade path i took to repair.  if i was near my regular desktop and not wifi tethering off of my zte open c cm11 i would run it myself.

Android_4.4_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B06_DL
and

Guest KonstaT

i wonder if a diff between the following files wouldnt be useful? i know there will be a LOT of changes, but that was the upgrade path i took to repair.  if i was near my regular desktop and not wifi tethering off of my zte open c cm11 i would run it myself.

Android_4.4_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B06_DL
and

Yeah, I did that too of course. Almost every file is different. Files that we're interested about are all binary files so it's quite impossible to say what's the actual difference.

I would like to say 'THANKS' as this has made a very cheap mobile running Kitkat with gapps too for my son. I am sure I will find out an issues with it in the next couple of days from him :-) Just need to get to eBay to sort out a new sdcard to replace mine which he had to have in the mobile to stop the errors from Google Play 'stuff'.

A gapps issue nothing to do with this ROM.

Guest johnnyjoe

Enjoying this great rom! : )

Everything works great, I haven't had any issues with anything that I've already tried, but I've installed some games just to try the phone, and they crash: Angry Birds Go and Asphalt 8.

The games load, but at some point, at menu or such, they crash. Maybe it's because I'm using link2sd, or other apps...

I've not tried them with the original rom without link2sd - and I have a class 10 card -, so I don't know if they work in this phone.

Does anyone have this issues?

Kind regards! : )

J

Dear KonstaT, thank you for your rom, I am using it more than 2 weeks and can definetly state that the hanging issue which has been reported by other users relates to the wifi.

When I leave my home with wifi on, the phone hangs just when it looses wifi signal. It happens every day with different wifi access points.

Now I'm just trying to remember to shut wifi off every time i go to the another location, and will possibly try Wi-Fi Matic to do that for me.

Edited by firecm

Dear KonstaT, thank you for your rom, I am using it more than 2 weeks and can definetly state that the hanging issue which has been reported by other users relates to the wifi.

When I leave my home with wifi on, the phone hangs just when it looses wifi signal. It happens every day with different wifi access points.

Now I'm just trying to remember to shut wifi off every time i go to the another location, and will possibly try Wi-Fi Matic to do that for me.

Thanks, narrowing it down to something wifi related should be a great help debugging it.

how can I help you solve this issue?

If I'm able to reproduce it myself, it should be a lot easier to debug. Do you need to have wifi connected when moving out of range? Does it also happen if wifi has already disconnected (e.g. after 15 minutes of sleep)? I'm still yet to take my device out of the house. :P

Sometimes my screen gets white an my phone makes a weird noise.

I also have the problem that my phone is in standby and I can't awake it.

That (white screen) is symptoms of a kernel panic as I've seen it. Never heard any weird noise though.

Have you tried what is suggested in above posts?

New build. Mostly just keeping up with upstream CyanogenMod.

Note to people on Russian forums! Please do not mirror my downloads or make silly winzipped ROMs based on my builds. Only reason for this was that you can use incompatible/broken recovery images to install CM11. Only use builds linked on the first post installed using CWM or TWRP recovery also linked on the first post following installation instructions on the third post. There's valid reasons for all of this! I would like to support Билайн Смарт2 (Beeline Smart2) as much as any other Kis 3 variant. It's not going to happen though if I don't receive any direct user feedback (please write your experiences on this thread in English) while someone else is trying to take all the credit for my hard work elsewhere.

cm-11-20140914-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:73fe0ac6d33fb98cf5dd5cf9d7594230

-fixed offline charging
-some wifi fixes
-patched CVE-2014-4943 in kernel
-included Kis 3 Hardware Info app

After some testing I couldn't reproduce this on my device. Moved out of range of two sepparate routers several times. Also powered off my router several times while still connected to it. Couldn't reproduce a single reboot while/after losing connection to a wifi router.

There's some wifi fixes in the new build. Let's see if that makes any difference for you.

After some testing I couldn't reproduce this on my device. Moved out of range of two sepparate routers several times. Also powered off my router several times while still connected to it. Couldn't reproduce a single reboot while/after losing connection to a wifi router.

There's some wifi fixes in the new build. Let's see if that makes any difference for you.

delete

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "kis3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kis3" || abort("This package is for \"kis3\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

not install from recovery.

delete

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "kis3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kis3" || abort("This package is for \"kis3\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".") ;);

Because you have the wrong recovery! Use CWM or TWRP linked in the first post and it will install to a Beeline Smart2 without any problem.

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

Only reason for this was that you can use incompatible/broken recovery images to install CM11. Only use builds linked on the first post installed using CWM or TWRP recovery also linked on the first post following installation instructions on the third post.

Great! Thanks for your amazing work Konstat! : )

Do I need any wipe to update to the new version?

Cheers!

J

Yeah, normally there's no need to wipe anything updating from previous builds.

But we also have an old saying here - 'no wipe, no whine'. ;) If you encounter issues of any kind, please try to reproduce your problem on clean install first.

delete

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "kis3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kis3" || abort("This package is for \"kis3\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".") ;);

Thanks a lot qeekus. I asked you nicely not to mirror/winzip my ROM and you went and did exactly that anyway!!! How difficult can it be to install it using the right recovery instead? There's even CWM and TWRP to choose from. If you install it using a recovery image that supports internal emulated sdcard, /data partition gets never properly formatted when wiping the device.

I also actually care about having accurate download statistics. It's pretty much the only fun I get from releasing anything these days (I don't get paid to do this). It's really a shame since my CM11 seems to much more popular on 4PDA than it is here.

So I guess it's time to impose more sanctions to Russia. :P Since I don't have much to leverage with, I've decided not to release anything for this device until this comes to an end.

Thanks a lot qeekus. I asked you nicely not to mirror/winzip my ROM and you went and did exactly that anyway!!! How difficult can it be to install it using the right recovery instead? There's even CWM and TWRP to choose from. If you install it using a recovery image that supports internal emulated sdcard, /data partition gets never properly formatted when wiping the device.

I also actually care about having accurate download statistics. It's pretty much the only fun I get from releasing anything these days (I don't get paid to do this). It's really a shame since my CM11 seems to much more popular on 4PDA than it is here.

So I guess it's time to impose more sanctions to Russia. :P Since I don't have much to leverage with, I've decided not to release anything for this device until this comes to an end.

Konstat see here:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=598421&view=findpost&p=34239193

qeekus looks like he is trying to link correctly for you.