[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest salv2014

I am using the Android 4.4.2 from http://down.comebuy.com/Open_c_root_Android4.4.rar with success.

The wifi... maybe, just for curiosity, are u using a different driver than the comebuy version ? Do u used the proprietary drivers ?

Now I need a working smartphone so using the comebuy version, but I'll very happy to contribute to fix that problem.

Current theory is, that it's caused by something related to wifi (weak/poor wifi signal? open networks? wifi location?). No one has been able to provide any steps to reliably reproduce this issue (which I still can't on my device) and there's no logs of this issue occuring (preferably dmesg). Without this your guess is as good as any.

Workaround - turn wifi off when you're not using it.

Guest TractorX

Hello.

I'm using this rom for a few weeks already and I noticed a very annoying problem. 90% of the time I put the phone in my pocket and do my daily stuff, when I get the phone back from the pocket, it's in some awkward mode. When I connect it to PC, it's displayed as ZTE Handset Diagnostics Interface and recognized as 8 local drives. I can't turn it off. The only way to get it back is to remove the battery. After I turn it on, it's back to normal. What can I do to avoid this? It looks like I get the power button pressed in the pocket, and the phone turns off. And then turns on with volume up+volume down pressed somehow (that's how you enter this mode, as far as I know). Is this the case? Or something else is happening here?

Is there ANY way to block the power button from turning off the phone when it's locked?

Edited by TractorX

Guest KonstaT

whether already found a solution, to this problem?

thanks

Solution to what? I still don't have a dual-SIM device.

Total of seven people have posted the hardware info so far (only one V811W, no Beeline Smart2's, no Kis 3's, mostly Open C's). That's hardly big enough sampling to come to any conclusion.

I am using the Android 4.4.2 from http://down.comebuy.com/Open_c_root_Android4.4.rar with success.

The wifi... maybe, just for curiosity, are u using a different driver than the comebuy version ? Do u used the proprietary drivers ?

Now I need a working smartphone so using the comebuy version, but I'll very happy to contribute to fix that problem.

We're using open source wifi driver. There's no way of knowing what ZTE has done to theirs.

Hello.

I'm using this rom for a few weeks already and I noticed a very annoying problem. 90% of the time I put the phone in my pocket and do my daily stuff, when I get the phone back from the pocket, it's in some awkward mode. When I connect it to PC, it's displayed as ZTE Handset Diagnostics Interface and recognized as 8 local drives. I can't turn it off. The only way to get it back is to remove the battery. After I turn it on, it's back to normal. What can I do to avoid this? It looks like I get the power button pressed in the pocket, and the phone turns off. And then turns on with volume up+volume down pressed somehow (that's how you enter this mode, as far as I know). Is this the case? Or something else is happening here?

Is there ANY way to block the power button from turning off the phone when it's locked?

Really, that's something completely unheard of. :P

I'd suggest you do a quick browse though this thread. It's pretty much the only thing discussed here...

Guest TractorX

Really, that's something completely unheard of. :P

I'd suggest you do a quick browse though this thread. It's pretty much the only thing discussed here...

Okay, I've checked the thread, and the simpthoms of the black screen seems similar to mine. Have anyone tried connecting the phone to a PC while it's in the "black screen" state? The only thing I didn't check, is if that is related to Wi-Fi. The only wi-fi spot I'm connecting to is at home and it's not open, but I have another open network in range (but it's not connecting to it). I'll try to monitor what happens if I turn wi-fi off when I leave.

Edited by TractorX

Guest hecatae

Okay, I've checked the thread, and the simpthoms of the black screen seems similar to mine. Have anyone tried connecting the phone to a PC while it's in the "black screen" state? The only thing I didn't check, is if that is related to Wi-Fi. The only wi-fi spot I'm connecting to is at home and it's not open, but I have another open network in range (but it's not connecting to it). I'll try to monitor what happens if I turn wi-fi off when I leave.

yes, it's in TPT mode.

Guest angwhydn

Like said, you might only need to flash Kis 3 modem to have it working with single SIM.

I'll add back the dual-SIM scripts/services/etc if/when there will be an another release. After that it should be a matter of setting one system property from dual-SIM (might also need replacing some RIL proprietaries from a dual-SIM device). Problem is that I'd need some intelligent way to identify V881W's first (ro.boot.hwversion possibly?). Could you (or someone else with V881W) post a screenshot of hardware info app to the appropriate thread?

if I could ask for files kis 3 modem,? 
hopefully work even with the single sim

sorry for my bad english

Guest TractorX

yes, it's in TPT mode.

Ok, then my problem appears to be the same as everyones is. BTW, I tested with Wi-Fi off and it appears to be working fine. So I can also confirm a wi-fi bug.

After some testing I couldn't reproduce this on my device. Moved out of range of two sepparate routers several times. Also powered off my router several times while still connected to it. Couldn't reproduce a single reboot while/after losing connection to a wifi router.

There's some wifi fixes in the new build. Let's see if that makes any difference for you.

KonstaT, i've been using your new ROM(2014.09.14) for two weeks and it still has the wifi issue. I experience it with different routers in different locations, both public and secure.

Another issue with this ROM is system app crashes('unfortunately, Clock has stopped', 'unfortunately, Calendar has stopped' and etc) just after launching another app.

How can I help you debugging the Wifi issue? I've just tried to turn my router off and the phone did not crash, it seems that it crashes when signal is very weak, as I have experienced the crash both when leaving and returning home with wifi on.

here is my HW info thumb.png

After receiving the device I've flashed FFOS_EU_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL, ffos_21_modUI then EU_FFOS+to+Android and finally your ROM.

Edited by firecm

Guest KonstaT

yes, it's in TPT mode.

Lol, you mean TPT like those old ZTE msm7x27's. Not even close. ;)

if I could ask for files kis 3 modem,? 

hopefully work even with the single sim

sorry for my bad english

You would get a Kis 3 modem by flashing a Kis 3 stock firmware from the stock ROMs thread. Not sure I'd recommend that though unless you really know what you're doing.

Necessary scripts/services for dual-SIM will be included if/when there's another build. Even after that it will require setting an additional property and you might also need to replace few proprietary files from a dual-SIM stock ROM.

KonstaT, i've been using your new ROM(2014.09.14) for two weeks and it still has the wifi issue. I experience it with different routers in different locations, both public and secure.

Another issue with this ROM is system app crashes('unfortunately, Clock has stopped', 'unfortunately, Calendar has stopped' and etc) just after launching another app.

How can I help you debugging the Wifi issue? I've just tried to turn my router off and the phone did not crash, it seems that it crashes when signal is very weak, as I have experienced the crash both when leaving and returning home with wifi on.

here is my HW info thumb.png

After receiving the device I've flashed FFOS_EU_EBAY_P821A10V1.0.0B06_LOG_DL, ffos_21_modUI then EU_FFOS+to+Android and finally your ROM.

Now that I've left wifi sleep policy to 'Always' and actually took my device out for a few times, I can reproduce this issue on my device too. I haven't been able to catch it on logs though so it's still a guessing game.

I was all-over this yesterday evening. There were couple of obvious mistakes with prima module compilation and I also hooked up the ZTE wifi MAC driver to get the correct address from a file (/persist/wifimac.dat). This didn't seem to make any difference though. So, then I just updated the prima wlan driver to about an eight months newer version and I think it's fine now. I might test it for day or two before saying anything confirmative but it seems no sleep of death any more. :)

I haven't seen any system apps force-closing. Logcat?

Guest TractorX

Is there anything new needed to compile the sources?
I get an error in hardware/qcom/audio-caf/hal/msm8974/platform.c about ULTRA_LOWLATENCY_PCM_DEVICE identifier missing.

Guest TractorX

Oh, thanks. Going to cherry pick for now. Thanks for lightning fast reply :).

Btw, I get the same system apps crashing as stated in the thread. I'll try to grab a logcat.

Guest angwhydn

You would get a Kis 3 modem by flashing a Kis 3 stock firmware from the stock ROMs thread. Not sure I'd recommend that though unless you really know what you're doing.

Necessary scripts/services for dual-SIM will be included if/when there's another build. Even after that it will require setting an additional property and you might also need to replace few proprietary files from a dual-SIM stock ROM.

thanks for the advice, I will try it 
and can you give a little advice which files should I change from dual sim stock rom?
Edited by angwhydn

Guest KonstaT
New build. Freezes related to weak wifi signal should be gone now. :)

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this thread instead.

cm-11-20141012-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:1f2c5fc3af70871423278a3587c83002

-update prima wlan driver (fix wifi weak signal sleep of death issue)
-set correct wifi MAC address from file (/persist/wifimac.dat) with ZTE kernel driver
-enable SELinux enforcing
-set baseband version from modem firmware
-start with USB in MTP mode
-bring back initial support for dual-SIM devices (add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to /system/build.prop to enable)
-increase zRAM size

Guest KonstaT

thanks for the advice, I will try it 

and can you give a little advice which files should I change from dual sim stock rom?

Did you try adding

persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds

to your /system/build.prop with the new build?

That will enable the second SIM slot. If there's still issues after that, I'll guide you what files to swap.

I'd also need other people with V881W's to verify that ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6 (but also more data from other devices that it's never wmfA.6 on single SIM) so I can automatically set that property on dual-SIM devices.

Guest angwhydn

Did you try adding

persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds

to your /system/build.prop with the new build?

That will enable the second SIM slot. If there's still issues after that, I'll guide you what files to swap.

I'd also need other people with V881W's to verify that ro.boot.hwversion=wmfA.6 (but also more data from other devices that it's never wmfA.6 on single SIM) so I can automatically set that property on dual-SIM devices.

thanks, I am very happy, finally cm11 work in my devices :)

Guest xerxes931

I'll try to update the new build. Hope it will remove the problem appeared today on my Kis 3 - two times this day I wasn't able to unlock the phone, or hard-reset it by holding down the power button, I had to remove the battery, put it back in and only then the phone would turn on. 

Guest KonstaT

thanks, I am very happy, finally cm11 work in my devices :)

So, dual-SIM really works? Making/receiving calls, in-call audio, mobile data, SMS on both SIM slots? No issues?

I'll try to update the new build. Hope it will remove the problem appeared today on my Kis 3 - two times this day I wasn't able to unlock the phone, or hard-reset it by holding down the power button, I had to remove the battery, put it back in and only then the phone would turn on. 

I guess that was the 'weak wifi signal sleep of death' issue. Should be fixed in the latest build...

Thank you for the new version! I couldn't reproduce the wifi bug the last two days, so i'm pretty happy with this ROM.

Hylli :)

Edited by hylli

Guest xerxes931

I guess that was the 'weak wifi signal sleep of death' issue. Should be fixed in the latest build...

I think that could be it, because today I was using WiFi a lot forgetting to turn it off while not using it. Thank you very much for the update!

Guest Filip9610

Please help! I have a problem with the last update. I can't seem to load my contacts form the SIM card. It just says no contacts but when I try it with a different phone everything is ok. Any idea what's wrong ?