[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest AwesomeLewis24

Lollipop seems interesting although I've heard rumours about rooting and hacking much harder due to it's advanced security?

As the Kis 3 is my main phone for now I'll stick out for a few months and then I guess I'll start hacking it off!  ;)

thank you so much konstat for this build...

im using ZTE V811W Trikomsel Indonesia dual sim with cm-11-20141104-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip build...

apparently the 3G signal is unstable, while the stock rom more robust to catch and keep 3G signal...

is there any option to force using 3G only signal? not the 3G preferred signal...

tried *#*#4636#*#* but no luck...

thanks in advance 

:)

Guest KonstaT

thank you so much konstat for this build...

im using ZTE V811W Trikomsel Indonesia dual sim with cm-11-20141104-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip build...

apparently the 3G signal is unstable, while the stock rom more robust to catch and keep 3G signal...

is there any option to force using 3G only signal? not the 3G preferred signal...

tried *#*#4636#*#* but no luck...

thanks in advance 

On regular single-SIM devices that can be achieved by adding a network mode tile to quick settings and using it to toggle '3G only' mode. Network modes to choose from can be configured under Setting -> Notification drawer -> Quick Settings panel -> Network modes. No idea how that is handled on dual-SIM though (does it have two tiles?).

On regular single-SIM devices that can be achieved by adding a network mode tile to quick settings and using it to toggle '3G only' mode. Network modes to choose from can be configured under Setting -> Notification drawer -> Quick Settings panel -> Network modes. No idea how that is handled on dual-SIM though (does it have two tiles?).

unfortunately it just one tile for network...

actually im missing the "3G only" mode in setting - wireless and networks - mobile network settings - preferred network type.

when im using stock rom there are 3 mode, 3G preferred, 3G only, and 2G only

now when im using your build, i just have 2 options, 3G preferred and 2G preferred.

i tried using *#*#4636#*#* to force 3G only mode, but still no luck...

not a big deal, but i wish you can add it later on your next build... :D

because it sucks when the network is unstable and changed to 2G mode frequently...

but overall, excellent build, running so smooth...

Guest KonstaT

unfortunately it just one tile for network...

actually im missing the "3G only" mode in setting - wireless and networks - mobile network settings - preferred network type.

when im using stock rom there are 3 mode, 3G preferred, 3G only, and 2G only

now when im using your build, i just have 2 options, 3G preferred and 2G preferred.

i tried using *#*#4636#*#* to force 3G only mode, but still no luck...

not a big deal, but i wish you can add it later on your next build... :D

because it sucks when the network is unstable and changed to 2G mode frequently...

but overall, excellent build, running so smooth...

Actually I've already checked this and it's currently handled correctly afaict. I have no plans to hack this in the future.

So does the network mode tile only control the SIM1's network mode? You could make a feature request in CyanogenMod JIRA (if there already isn't one) to add a second tile on dual-SIM devices. Someone who actually has a dual-SIM device needs to add this feature though.

Guest IvanIvanov97

But I dont have a quick settings '3G only'.

There only '2G only' or '3G/2G'. How to enable '3g only'?

Zte Open C from Ebay, cm-11-20141104, ro.boot.hwversion: wkzA.4

post-1049404-0-91727800-1415353145_thumb

post-1049404-0-53063400-1415353146_thumb

Guest TractorX

Hello KonstaT.

I think there's a new black screen of death issue. I'm running the latest build. The Kis 3 hardware is the same as yours. It occured twice for me in last 2 days while I was talking. I recieved the call, and while talking the call ends and I get the same black screen of death as with a Wi-Fi that was present before. Connecting to a PC results in the same ZTE debug mode (7 hard disks appearing or something).

I will try to reproduce this with a phone connected to a PC and logcat running and post here if I succeed, but could it be that you know what's going on?

Actually I've already checked this and it's currently handled correctly afaict. I have no plans to hack this in the future.

So does the network mode tile only control the SIM1's network mode? You could make a feature request in CyanogenMod JIRA (if there already isn't one) to add a second tile on dual-SIM devices. Someone who actually has a dual-SIM device needs to add this feature though.

hmm... i see...

actually it's okay with this build... and yes, mode tile doesn't have 3G only, just 2G and 3G/2G mode...

maybe i will keep waiting your next build, hopefully lollipop build for Kis 3 :D

thanks KonstaT :)

Guest KonstaT

But I dont have a quick settings '3G only'.

There only '2G only' or '3G/2G'. How to enable '3g only'?

Zte Open C from Ebay, cm-11-20141104, ro.boot.hwversion: wkzA.4

actually it's okay with this build... and yes, mode tile doesn't have 3G only, just 2G and 3G/2G mode...

Setting -> Notification drawer -> Quick Settings panel -> Network modes, like already said.

2G | 3G | 2G+3G, which translates to 2G only | 3G only | 3G preferred afaik.

Hello KonstaT.

I think there's a new black screen of death issue. I'm running the latest build. The Kis 3 hardware is the same as yours. It occured twice for me in last 2 days while I was talking. I recieved the call, and while talking the call ends and I get the same black screen of death as with a Wi-Fi that was present before. Connecting to a PC results in the same ZTE debug mode (7 hard disks appearing or something).

I will try to reproduce this with a phone connected to a PC and logcat running and post here if I succeed, but could it be that you know what's going on?

dmesg is what you use for kernel logs. Whatever was wrong with wifi, caused a kernel panic. If a kernel panic happens when your display is on, it will be a solid white screen. If display is off, it of course stays off. I've seen both happen messing with some experiment stuff. ;)

Guest IvanIvanov97
Setting -> Notification drawer -> Quick Settings panel -> Network modes, like already said.

Thanks, Its work. B)

Guest skynetdev

Hi all

First, I would like to say thanks for your hard work  to developer and  all testers

Also sorry for my bad english i'm russian :)

I'd like to become a tester

I have ZTE OPEN C  (ebay)

I tried both versions 20141029 and 20141104  but have problem, the OS don't see my sim card there is no GSM signal

I tried to change settings from 3G to 2G but nothing

If I install Frefox OS or  other firmware Android 4.4.2 all working fine.

If need I can record video with this problem

Edited by skynetdev

Guest KonstaT

Hi all

First, I would like to say thanks for your hard work  to developer and  all testers

Also sorry for my bad english i'm russian :)

I'd like to become a tester

I have ZTE OPEN C  (ebay)

I tried both versions 20141029 and 20141104  but have problem, the OS don't see my sim card there is no GSM signal

I tried to change settings from 3G to 2G but nothing

If I install Frefox OS or  other firmware Android 4.4.2 all working fine.

If need I can record video with this problem

You've read this part, right?

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

You need to have Android (KitKat) modem firmware, Firefox OS (Jelly Bean) won't work.

If you have a genuine issue, I'd prefer logs over a video. ;)

Thanks, Its work. B)

post-1049468-0-03282000-1415428652_thumb

maybe it's only work with single sim variant of Kis 3

i can't find 3G only options, both in the quick setting nor in mobile network settings

when i click the quick settings network modes it only have 2G/3G and 2G options...

no 3G only options

Guest KonstaT

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-11-08-00-56-46.png

maybe it's only work with single sim variant of Kis 3

i can't find 3G only options, both in the quick setting nor in mobile network settings

when i click the quick settings network modes it only have 2G/3G and 2G options...

no 3G only options

How many times this needs to be explained? There is no '3G only' option in Mobile network settings. It is not missing anything, it shouldn't even be there!

Add a 'Network Mode' tile to quick settings panel, configure it in Settings -> Notification drawer -> Quick Settings panel -> Network modes, select 2G | 3G | 2G+3G (which in real life means 2G only | 3G only | 3G preferred), toggle network mode using 'Network Mode' tile to choose '3G' (=3G only) mode.

What is still unclear to me, if the 'Network Mode' tile will control the network mode of SIM1 or both on dual-SIM devices?

How many times this needs to be explained? There is no '3G only' option in Mobile network settings. It is not missing anything, it shouldn't even be there!

Add a 'Network Mode' tile to quick settings panel, configure it in Settings -> Notification drawer -> Quick Settings panel -> Network modes, select 2G | 3G | 2G+3G (which in real life means 2G only | 3G only | 3G preferred), toggle network mode using 'Network Mode' tile to choose '3G' (=3G only) mode.

What is still unclear to me, if the 'Network Mode' tile will control the network mode of SIM1 or both on dual-SIM devices?

ah, i see...

thanks for your explanation...

okay, here the summary of ZTE Kis 3 dual sim device.

dual sim phone doesn't have 3G only, i tried quick setting via toggle network mode tile, the option icon is just 2G, no 2G+3G and 3G icon appeared, even when i click it several times to make sure that i can change connection mode via network mode tile.

network mode tile is not working on my ZTE V811W.

dual sim phone only can be managed by mobile network setting

hope this help everyone who have smilliar phone like mine.

Thanks a lot, KonstaT

here come the screenshot

as you can see, i have HSPA+ connection, but 2G icon appeared at the network mode tile. and nothing happened when i click it.

post-1049468-0-66468900-1415463121_thumb

Guest skynetdev

You need to have Android (KitKat) modem firmware, Firefox OS (Jelly Bean) won't work.

Ahhh I missed that :)  sorry for that

going to try again

Thank you for your answer

Edited by skynetdev

Guest KonstaT

ah, i see...

thanks for your explanation...

okay, here the summary of ZTE Kis 3 dual sim device.

dual sim phone doesn't have 3G only, i tried quick setting via toggle network mode tile, the option icon is just 2G, no 2G+3G and 3G icon appeared, even when i click it several times to make sure that i can change connection mode via network mode tile.

network mode tile is not working on my ZTE V811W.

dual sim phone only can be managed by mobile network setting

hope this help everyone who have smilliar phone like mine.

Thanks a lot, KonstaT

here come the screenshot

as you can see, i have HSPA+ connection, but 2G icon appeared at the network mode tile. and nothing happened when i click it.

OK, so it controls nothing then. :P I remember there being some discussion about dual-SIM network mode tile but I couldn't remember what that was about. Unfortunately this is something I can't do anything about without having a dual-SIM device myself.

I found a list of CM11 dual-SIM issues/limitations from an another device. These should apply here too:

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations:

-Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
-"Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
-The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
-There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
-Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
-3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
-Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
-Call logs doesn't know the incoming SIM

Guest skynetdev

I made it, I got GSM signal, thanks

going to test it

Guest skynetdev

Ok, that what I found

I use version 20141104

Twice  I found my phone without any life

and after removing battery and inserting  then it wakes

Here is the last case:

yesterday before sleep I has set my phone on  charging but today morning I observed that my phone is not working

this was a second case when I found my phone in this state

here is the proof  (the phone was charged only to 71%) 

Edited by skynetdev

Guest KonstaT

and again my phone was dead

3 times in 2 days

Since you couldn't read the most important part, I bet you didn't follow the installation instructions either. :P

And no one really cares if you can't provide any useful information besides just whine about it...

Guest skynetdev

Since you couldn't read the most important part, I bet you didn't follow the installation instructions either. :P

And no one really cares if you can't provide any useful information besides just whine about it...

hmmm

I think for now I made all as in instraction

I don't used EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip   I had other Android 4.4.2  maybe here is the problem?

=======================

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do).

1. boot into ClockWorkMod
  2. backup and restore -> backup (makes a nandroid backup of your previous ROM)
  3. mounts and storage -> format /system
  4. wipe data and factory reset
  5. install cm-11-20141104-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
  6. install gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip
  7. reboot now

I can provide video how I am installing it

Please, if you sure that I missed something just say that you sure about this, and I will try to find my missed place

Edited by skynetdev

Guest KonstaT

I can provide video how I am installing it

Please, if you sure that I missed something just say that you sure about this, and I will try to find my missed place

What is it with you and videos. Please post the appropriate logs (logcat, dmesg) instead. There's nothing visual about a freeze that a video would help. It's like posting a screenshot of an audio issue... :P

Guest spalock

I'm trying to get EAP-SIM authentication to work on a french ZTE Open C, but unfortunately it does not work eventhough a usual home wifi connection works fine.

Android phones sold by mobile broadband companies that offer such a wifi access work fine, and I found many forum threads that prove this kind of authentication can work with cyanogenmod but not with all the phones. I did try the often suggested hand modification of /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to set eap=SIM, without success. :-(

There's an android issue related to this, but no clear activity on andoird devs side.

I also found that cyanogenmod wpa_supplicant repo where EAP-SIM seems to be supported provided it is included in the build.

KonstaT, do you think it's possible to help debug/enable this feature in you build?

Guest KonstaT

I'm trying to get EAP-SIM authentication to work on a french ZTE Open C, but unfortunately it does not work eventhough a usual home wifi connection works fine.

Android phones sold by mobile broadband companies that offer such a wifi access work fine, and I found many forum threads that prove this kind of authentication can work with cyanogenmod but not with all the phones. I did try the often suggested hand modification of /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to set eap=SIM, without success. :-(

There's an android issue related to this, but no clear activity on andoird devs side.

I also found that cyanogenmod wpa_supplicant repo where EAP-SIM seems to be supported provided it is included in the build.

KonstaT, do you think it's possible to help debug/enable this feature in you build?

Actually there is no EAP-SIM support in Android until it was just recently added in Lollipop. That should explain why it doesn't work in my Firefox OS build either.

Seems to be quite a popular subject in CyanogenMod bug tracker too.