User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Heeeeeello... My problem is that Mourta-kernels after an undefined time begin to stuck at 1000mhz freq. After clean install of rom it goes fine but after some days or sometimes a week out of nowhere it begins to stuck :/ sometimes it scales properly for a month and when i sleep and awake in the morning and the first look to my 4X is the scary truth that its stucks.

Known problem. We're working to fix it ;)

Guest ottomanhero

Heeeeeello... My problem is that Mourta-kernels after an undefined time begin to stuck at 1000mhz freq. After clean install of rom it goes fine but after some days or sometimes a week out of nowhere it begins to stuck :/ sometimes it scales properly for a month and when i sleep and awake in the morning and the first look to my 4X is the scary truth that its stucks.

Known problem. We're working to fix it ;)

Meanwhile, wipe data of any cpu tweaking apps you have (including in-built kernel tweaker in liquidsmooth - can do this using titanium backup)

And use only one of them to change your settings.Preferably don't use trickstermod to change cpu settings (can still undervolt etc. but don't touch frequencies/governors)

Guest Komodoketavaran

Meanwhile, wipe data of any cpu tweaking apps you have (including in-built kernel tweaker in liquidsmooth - can do this using titanium backup)

And use only one of them to change your settings.Preferably don't use trickstermod to change cpu settings (can still undervolt etc. but don't touch frequencies/governors)

I dont use any tweaking app just the kernel tweaker and even this is on stock settings. Will try it now with wiping.

Edit: it doesn't help :(

Edited by Komodoketavaran

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I dont use any tweaking app just the kernel tweaker and even this is on stock settings. Will try it now with wiping.

Edit: it doesn't help :(

Well, maybe you should try the hard way: reboot in recovery, then manually wipe cache, dalvik and SYSTEM, then flash latest ROM's release, latest gapps package and latest 3.4 kernel..then reboot and set all of your kernel settings using kernel tweaker. Please, report back what your experience is, after having done that :)

Guest ottomanhero

Well, maybe you should try the hard way: reboot in recovery, then manually wipe cache, dalvik and SYSTEM, then flash latest ROM's release, latest gapps package and latest 3.4 kernel..then reboot and set all of your kernel settings using kernel tweaker. Please, report back what your experience is, after having done that :)

^

I heavily recommend this.I have experienced this bug also when I dirty flashed a cm nightly over another back on iodak kernel.If even this doesn't work, try to change cpuquiet governor (you can also first switch to balanced then to runnable back) and see if it solves the issue.Since you didn't specify what ROM you are using I can't tell if this will fix it but I've heard of ROMs that require such method for cpu to scale properly.

Using latest Mourta Liquid and latest Mourta 3.4. Both methods doesn't helped. I have to set everything again[emoji19]

It doesn't work like that, you have the same hardware and you did a full wipe to have the same software.

There is no way in HELL that it doesn't work as it should if  you followed the advice.

It works for over 1300 people but your phone is oh so super special, does that sound likely to  you?

Do a full wipe, install and install the latest kernel, power down and then boot into it, there is no way in hell your phone is different than everyone elses.

Guest Komodoketavaran

It doesn't work like that, you have the same hardware and you did a full wipe to have the same software.

There is no way in HELL that it doesn't work as it should if you followed the advice.

It works for over 1300 people but your phone is oh so super special, does that sound likely to you?

Do a full wipe, install and install the latest kernel, power down and then boot into it, there is no way in hell your phone is different than everyone elses.

Do you read completely our posts and reported problems or only the first or two first sentences? Ive already said that a full wipe and clean install help me out of this but i was looking for a chance to solve it without fullwipe my friend

Guest NothingSerious

Do you read completely our posts and reported problems or only the first or two first sentences? Ive already said that a full wipe and clean install help me out of this but i was looking for a chance to solve it without fullwipe my friend

This attitude isn't gonna help you at all. Besides you stated that neither method helped you, so what you're saying right now is completely different.

So you were not following the advice given and you are now whining even though you didn't follow the advice?

Son, i rarely get involved in these things... All i can advice you is do not use this kernel nor this ROM at all ever again.

If you can follow THAT advice then at the very least you'll stop whining in this thread.

Guest tmsiqueira

First of all, excuse my english.

I installed your Rom+Kernel this week:

LS-KK-3.2-2014-10-14 and 3.4.104 Nov 27.

Today, my phone freeze and I need to reboot holding the power button.

Follow the logs:

2014-12-16_22.00.zip

In the last_kmsg have:

(...) [56675.529086] Sched Debug Version: v0.10, 3.4.104-MourtaKernel+ #1 (...)

So, I think this is a kernel problem.

This help anything?

Another problem I saw: Some pictures in google play shows scrambled.

post-1050737-0-53325600-1418777012_thumb

Tks.

Tonny.

Edited by tmsiqueira

• 2 months later...
Guest SuperLamic

These sources are testing sources, there is a reason why i haven't published a kernel based on them yet and that is because they are in testing.

I have a testing crew that deals with that so that the kernels that i publish are stable.

If you read that thread you would know that i don't do support for that nor do i really care to take user reports on it.

In this case the explanation is very simple though, /sys/bus/nvhost/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max doesn't exist in this kernel, it's now /sys/bus/platform/devices/host1x/syncpt/22/max, this changed when video moved to platform_devices. You'll need to reconfigure and recompile CM11 if you want to use it with any version of my 3.4 kernel.

Hi mourta,

I know it's long time since you wrote this, but can you tell me where can I reconfigure these values? I was trying my best when I was looking for some changes in these things in your commits to liquid, but I didn't find anything.

Thank you :)

edit: if it's set by compiling, do I have to compile whole kernel on my own or I can use precompiled one?

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest Mourta

Hi mourta,

I know it's long time since you wrote this, but can you tell me where can I reconfigure these values? I was trying my best when I was looking for some changes in these things in your commits to liquid, but I didn't find anything.

Thank you :)

edit: if it's set by compiling, do I have to compile whole kernel on my own or I can use precompiled one?

I posted a subset of what an init.x3.rc for my kernel might look like, you'll need to use something like the kitchen to open the boot.img and uncompile the ramdisk to change it but it should be basically the same everywhere.

This doesn't change the fact that anything not compiled with newer headers cannot take part of my new additions like CMU and the likes and that some things will just be weird all around in udev and selinux since half of it is in other places now.

What you need is a new version of my ROM and that is what i'm going to release as soon as it's done, until then, just use the old stuff, it works and there are actually nothing new that is better than that in any way (not functions, not speed, not anything).

I think i may be running a double for the next part since i have a feeling that lollypop will never be as good on our phone as a cherrypicked version of KK and lolly wiht a separate build of certain files.

Remember, you're getting what i want to use, i'm doing this for my own benefit and only releasing it because i'm a really nice guy. ;)

Guest SuperLamic

I posted a subset of what an init.x3.rc for my kernel might look like, you'll need to use something like the kitchen to open the boot.img and uncompile the ramdisk to change it but it should be basically the same everywhere.

This doesn't change the fact that anything not compiled with newer headers cannot take part of my new additions like CMU and the likes and that some things will just be weird all around in udev and selinux since half of it is in other places now.

What you need is a new version of my ROM and that is what i'm going to release as soon as it's done, until then, just use the old stuff, it works and there are actually nothing new that is better than that in any way (not functions, not speed, not anything).

I think i may be running a double for the next part since i have a feeling that lollypop will never be as good on our phone as a cherrypicked version of KK and lolly wiht a separate build of certain files.

Remember, you're getting what i want to use, i'm doing this for my own benefit and only releasing it because i'm a really nice guy. ;)

I understand that, but I want to compile alf's euphoria os with your kernel and I'm asking if it's enough to change only init and compile it with pre-compiled nightly kernel. Will it work? Will it build right headers to work with? (I can't use my laptop for building because of my SSD which is too small to handle two OSs, so I have to use my old & slow desktop, so I need to know most things before I compile it - it will be sooo long :D )

I'm now using euphoria os with old build of nightly kernel, but it doesn't work so well and I want to use your new kernel.

Thanks for response :)

edit: OMG, why is 64 bit OS needed to build Lollipop .. I lost next day, I have to sync 40 GB again :D

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest Mourta

I understand that, but I want to compile alf's euphoria os with your kernel and I'm asking if it's enough to change only init and compile it with pre-compiled nightly kernel. Will it work? Will it build right headers to work with? (I can't use my laptop for building because of my SSD which is too small to handle two OSs, so I have to use my old & slow desktop, so I need to know most things before I compile it - it will be sooo long :D )

I'm now using euphoria os with old build of nightly kernel, but it doesn't work so well and I want to use your new kernel.

Thanks for response :)

edit: OMG, why is 64 bit OS needed to build Lollipop .. I lost next day, I have to sync 40 GB again :D

Yeah, even if i could fix it i wouldn't, it's not my code and if my code was included you couldn't run it with his kernel, i have asked both of Alf and Laufer if they wanted to be part of this and they have never responded, Laufter responded by making a fool of himself in one of my threads.

Um, 64 bit OS has been required to build Android since ICS (version 4.0.9 to be exact). I got kicked from goo.im (and no, i won't say why but take a wild guess) so i can't share server space either.

Guest Big master D

1.Hi i have problem with my phone deep sleep don't working. 

2.I can't overclocking gpu always when i try change frequency back to default 416mhz. I have latest cm11 and mourta kernel. 

Guest moneyvirus

2.I can't overclocking gpu always when i try change frequency back to default 416mhz. I have latest cm11 and mourta kernel.

My answer to you is read.... mourta told many times use the LS- ROM build by mourta and use it with his kernel only or expect bugs just my 2 cents

Guest Mourta

2.I can't overclocking gpu always when i try change frequency back to default 416mhz. I have latest cm11 and mourta kernel. 

1. That's because google just crapped up their google services package AGAIN, to fix it, go to apps, choose google services, manage resources and delete data.

2. Try setting it at 520 and if you're using trickster mod, don't forget to accept the settings by clicking the accept icon in up in the bar of the application to enforce new settings.

The reporting of frequency doesn't work in Trickster, you'll need to consult the /sys/class/devfreq/gr3d/* files to check the scaling.

It's possible that some things won't work in CM11 since it was neither compiled with this kernel nor does it have the proper init for it.

Edited by Mourta

Guest Big master D

1. That's because google just crapped up their google services package AGAIN, to fix it, go to apps, choose google services, manage resources and delete data.

2. Try setting it at 520 and if you're using trickster mod, don't forget to accept the settings by clicking the accept icon in up in the bar of the application to enforce new settings.

The reporting of frequency doesn't work in Trickster, you'll need to consult the /sys/class/devfreq/gr3d/* files to check the scaling.

It's possible that some things won't work in CM11 since it was neither compiled with this kernel nor does it have the proper init for it.

Thanks everything working now.

Guest Mourta

Thanks everything working now.

Good to hear.

In the last known stable version of this kernel i will remove GPU overclocking and let it be at 520, the battery power consumed is negligible between the two frequencies.

There will be one more release, this time probably with several different functions since we're going live with 3.10-3.14 shortly thereafter and this kernel will then only be upgraded per the Android and Linux general patchset upgrades.

Eventuallly all options will dissapear and be automated for your version of the phone, it will take patience as there are temps/voltages/frequencies to figure out but suffice to say that your phone will work with the lowest possible voltage settings for each frequency and scale in a completely different way.

Guest ottomanhero
In the last known stable version of this kernel i will remove GPU overclocking and let it be at 520, the battery power consumed is negligible between the two frequencies.

From my personal experience ;

If I play with 520 mhz, my phone becomes a frying pan in a matter of minutes despite excessive undervolting.But with 416 mhz, I'll feel uncomfortable due to heat only after like 40 minutes.And from my experience 416 mhz consumes far less battery life.E.g. I can play asphalt 8 for about an hour on 520 mhz, with 416 mhz it's around an hour and a half screen on time while playing asphalt.

The performance gain is just not worth it when battery life/heat is considered

This kernel however, ascended from personal use to the public on request so the choice is ofcourse yours to make

I don't think it would hurt to release 2 versions, the first one with 520 mhz as default max and other one with 416 mhz default max since people don't even use the other frequencies anyway so it's basically two kernels ; an overclocked version and non-overclocked version

Guest EnQeen

Mourta , take a look at apps please. Because a lot of apps getting crushed with your rom and new kernel. I think it is mostly rom's problems. I hope next rom wont have any buggs connected with glitches in play store or app crushing.