Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Guest Komodoketavaran

Mourta one another thing: sometimes the game "dead trigger 2" is not loading. By sometimes i mean it starts maybe 1 in 20 times. Do you have also an idea for that :D ?

Edit: can you tell us more about the new tcp's algorithms and sheduler's ?

Edited by Komodoketavaran

Mourta one another thing: sometimes the game "dead trigger 2" is not loading. By sometimes i mean it starts maybe 1 in 20 times. Do you have also an idea for that :D ?

Edit: can you tell us more about the new tcp's algorithms and sheduler's ?

Well, with the information you have given me i can definitely say that something might be wrong, or not, and that it might be because of something or some other thing. ;)

There is a whole host of information on all of the schedulers, i just run ROW and Westwood, FIOS may be worth looking into some more but i really don't have the time to thoroughly test everything.

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

thats great ...please mourta left him to share it

Hey here is the link for the test version of 10-10-2014

I think you can be a tester for stock too

I'm the only who test on stock. This is the preview version Mourta have still not released

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dpnikmenu8mbaw/Mourta-3.4.104-latest-10-10.zip?dl=0

To not fill the thread of stock eventual bug reports for know communicate issues in pvt. When the interest in stock version will be greater then we will open a specific thread and then I'll maintain the kernel for stock. Mourta given to me his blessings [emoji3]

Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

I'm the only who test on stock. This is the preview version Mourta have still not released

To not fill the thread of stock eventual bug reports for know communicate issues in pvt. When the interest in stock version will be greater then we will open a specific thread and then I'll maintain the kernel for stock. Mourta given to me his blessings [emoji3]

hey, yesterday i installed last kernel version on stock and i dont have any problems,except one, my phone have problem to go in deep sleep when is charged. i need do more tests

its really fast and smooth, thats best kernel for me now. THANKS Mourta for your great work.

Guest Lars Stein

hey, yesterday i installed last kernel version on stock and i dont have any problems,except one, my phone have problem to go in deep sleep when is charged. i need do more tests

its really fast and smooth, thats best kernel for me now. THANKS Mourta for your great work.

Same here while charging. And after reboot WiFi is losing signal. Have to turn it off and on and it works again. Battery life is much better than on stock kernel. Thank you so far. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Yeah, this is normal and not a bug. The charging mechanism has a temperature logging facility that requires the phone to be awake.

So, this isn't a bug, it's a feature to protect your battery. [emoji6]

Guest greece4E

thnks man you make me s0 happy 

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

I never asked andni am mot sure but when a new wersion of kernel comes out i need to doo a clean flash?( factory,cache,dalvik,rom,new update kernel,gapps)

I never asked andni am mot sure but when a new wersion of kernel comes out i need to doo a clean flash?( factory,cache,dalvik,rom,new update kernel,gapps)

For the kernel you won't need to do anything other than to flash it unless i say so.

There will be a kernel that is ONLY for the ROM i am providing, mainly because we're moving to new native drivers for video, it will also break any installation that is not Tegra4 Nvavp compatible.

I know, you have no idea what that means, but i'll tell you when i release such a kernel so you don't make the mistake of flashing it without flashing my ROM with it.

Mourta, this can probably help our device when turning on the screen: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/75004/ , can you review it and commit it possibly?

I don't know how to say this kindly but no, we're not using any original LGE codebase and the problem adressed in that commit does not exist in our current codebase.

Besides, i've already said i know what the problem is and how to fix it, it has to do with the bootloader handing over the graphics to the kernel.

It's already fixed in testing, whether i will include that depends on how far i take the upgrade in one step, it MIGHT be 3.8 video which isn't supported but works, or it might be that i just finsh the set of upgrades.

In any case, it will NEVER be some old fix for a kernel that i'm not using, this is far beyond what any other kernel may carry in the form of video. Download my kernel and try to apply that, you'd have to revert it to 3.1 to even use it.

I know you're trying to help but no, old additions to unrelated kernels will not do much for this one.

Besides, it already has a reboot interface built in, i just haven't enabled it in the config yet.

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Works pretty good as an iPod [emoji2]

I am using your Rom. And kernel

For the kernel you won't need to do anything other than to flash it unless i say so.

There will be a kernel that is ONLY for the ROM i am providing, mainly because we're moving to new native drivers for video, it will also break any installation that is not Tegra4 Nvavp compatible.

I know, you have no idea what that means, but i'll tell you when i release such a kernel so you don't make the mistake of flashing it without flashing my ROM with it.

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

I have a small problem. After few days my speaker stops working. When i have a phone call people can hear me but i cant hear them at all. I am using latest mourta kernel and software. Problem occured when i started using latest kernel

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Now this is weird. After wiping cache and dalvik phone works normaly again. Why is this happening i dont understand. Only thing that i did after clean instalation was downloading Viper drivers and did not did wipe cache and dalvik. Is it posible that this was the problem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

My notifications are all green(i made them that way it is not a bug) they are Hulk green hahaha i am loving it lol greeeen hahaha hulk strong hahaha i really love this feature mate this is awsome

Guest moneyvirus

I know i know do not ask for ETA but just really curious after the flying start we had with this awesome kernel if there is still some testing going in?

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I know i know do not ask for ETA but just really curious after the flying start we had with this awesome kernel if there is still some testing going in?

Read here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/373632-LiquidSmooth-3.2-featuring-Mourta-Kernel-3.4.x-(updated-2014-10-15) post #85 Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest daniel.mota

@Mourta, guys:

I've been using this kernel's latest version in cm11 nightlies, and 2 things are ocurring:

1. GPU speed is stuck at maximum (492)

2. The 4 CPU cores are always online, working at the same speed

At least this is what seems to me in Trickster Mod.

I've reflashed the kernel, left the phone off for some minutes, cleared cache&dalvik a few times, and things just remain the same.

Guest ottomanhero

@Mourta, guys:

I've been using this kernel's latest version in cm11 nightlies, and 2 things are ocurring:

1. GPU speed is stuck at maximum (492)

2. The 4 CPU cores are always online, working at the same speed

At least this is what seems to me in Trickster Mod.

I've reflashed the kernel, left the phone off for some minutes, cleared cache&dalvik a few times, and things just remain the same.

1. GPU speed is reported wrongly by trickstermod, if it was always stuck at 492 mhz your phone would always be hot and drain battery like hell.

2. If it's stuck at 4 cores runing on 1 ghz, the only fix I found to it was changing to balanced governor and changing "up delay" to "50" from "100" using kernel tweaker (under cpu settings, cpuquiet settings)

Guest daniel.mota

1. GPU speed is reported wrongly by trickstermod, if it was always stuck at 492 mhz your phone would always be hot and drain battery like hell.

2. If it's stuck at 4 cores runing on 1 ghz, the only fix I found to it was changing to balanced governor and changing "up delay" to "50" from "100" using kernel tweaker (under cpu settings, cpuquiet settings)

Thanks for answering.

But my cores aren't stuck. They scale alright, but the 4 of them remain online all the time, running all 4 at the same speed.

Even on very low cpu load, none of them go to offline.