LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

Guest ottomanhero

Yesterday i downloaded this rom and flash it. All was fine but after few hours i got buttons light back on after i set them off. Trying to disable that it was not possible. So i rebooted the phone and when it started booting back up it got stuck. So after 10min watching LS boot animation i pulled the battery out and enterd recovery mode and did a clean flash again. I think it is my fault because i restored all from google play. So new clean install and installing things one by one and adjusting settings. Today i had some problems with those buttons lights again but somehow i turned them off finaly. When i tried to enter settings i got a black screen and nothing else. Is that maybe bcause i did not flashed kernel as well. I have it from before and you said that there us no need for it but hey who knows?

You have to install the kernel on top of this as mourta mentioned that the ROM will not work correctly without the kernel being flashed on top of it.

As for the lights; 

You turn it off via settings > Liquidsmooth > navigation > hardware buttons

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

You have to install the kernel on top of this as mourta mentioned that the ROM will not work correctly without the kernel being flashed on top of it.

As for the lights;

You turn it off via settings > Liquidsmooth > navigation > hardware buttons

Did a clean install again. Flashed rom,kernel,gapps and turned the phone on. And i was not able to turn the lights off,something is wrong with them

Hey , Mourta , don't forget to give us ability to screenshot with volume down + power button . Because I am used to this way of screenshoting . Also I didn't find any ways of screenshoting  , help me guyz please ^^

Guest Kajganic Krunoslav

Did a clean install again. Flashed rom,kernel,gapps and turned the phone on. And i was not able to turn the lights off,something is wrong with them

Add it to power menu that us all

For me, most of time DeepSleep is excellent. But sometimes it happens that Accu drains very fast. I´ve found the reason today, I have the problem, in this case phone doesnt detect disconnect from charger anymore and so CPU doesnt go into DeepSleep, allways stays at min 51 MHz (and have muic_lock-wakelock all the time). In "System settings / Accu" info then shows charging although charger isnt connected anymore. After reboot, it works again as suspected for a while, cant say what´s the reason for reappearing of the issue after a while.

Any suggestion what could be the reason, what to clear/reset or what settings to change? Anyone having same issue?

Edited by Guest

Guest tool_king

For me, most of time DeepSleep is excellent. But sometimes it happens that Accu drains very fast. I´ve found the reason today, I have the problem, in this case phone doesnt detect disconnect from charger anymore and so CPU doesnt go into DeepSleep, allways stays at min 51 MHz (and have muic_lock-wakelock all the time). In "System settings / Accu" info then shows charging although charger isnt connected anymore. After reboot, it works again as suspected for a while, cant say what´s the reason for reappearing of the issue after a while.

Any suggestion what could be the reason, what to clear/reset or what settings to change? Anyone having same issue?

I can confirm this behavior. Generally, the latest kernel is some kind of buggy for me, battery drains really fast, sometimes only screen-on-time of about one single hour. So I changed to Optimus Prime kernel until the next version of the kernel will be released.

Next release will be lollypop.

It'll take a few days to sort out minor issues but it should be done before next weekend (to the testers) so a week after that you'll get your hands on it.

Guest greece4E

Next release will be lollypop.

It'll take a few days to sort out minor issues but it should be done before next weekend (to the testers) so a week after that you'll get your hands on it.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Please tell me, how can i fix poweramp crashes? Is the best music player for me! Anyone help me :)

You can't.

I can. ;)

And i will, you'll find the result in a new lollypop thread soon. (basically i forgot that if i enable something in config it might be a good idea to actually implement the code that supports it too).

Guest tool_king

You can't.

I can. ;)

And i will, you'll find the result in a new lollypop thread soon. (basically i forgot that if i enable something in config it might be a good idea to actually implement the code that supports it too).

You're the man!

Please let us know in this thread as well as soon as you release the Lollipop ROM.

You're the man!

Please let us know in this thread as well as soon as you release the Lollipop ROM.

Sure thing, but there are some problems that do not even apply to our device so i think i'll contact the devs and see if they would like some help with it.

I get that it's not completely organized but the build system for unsupported devices is whack, i'll have to rewrite some things and patch other things just to make it work, i am wondering if they would like the code.

I'll publish it and let their devs decide if they like it.

Sure thing, but there are some problems that do not even apply to our device so i think i'll contact the devs and see if they would like some help with it.

I get that it's not completely organized but the build system for unsupported devices is whack, i'll have to rewrite some things and patch other things just to make it work, i am wondering if they would like the code.

I'll publish it and let their devs decide if they like it.

Spoke too soon, apparently all i needed was the addition of our include headers as the basis for functions, why they are not included automatically i don't know.

Also, this will have some neat effects all in itself, i didn't realize that it worked like this with our device and didn't get why my inclusions were ignored... Android doesn't care about your kernel includes unless you tell it to now. In the olden timey days we used a separate include directory, then that went away by building the kernel with the ROM, now apparently you have to string specify functions from include files from the kernel.

This means that things like hbr and PRISM will be exposed to framework and we can use CMU without dropping frames.

This is AWESOME news, this means that we now have one central interface for everything from individual CPU setups to GPU rendering programming.

I think there is someone on Liquid looking at Tegra.

Edited by Mourta

Guest tool_king

Spoke too soon, apparently all i needed was the addition of our include headers as the basis for functions, why they are not included automatically i don't know.

Also, this will have some neat effects all in itself, i didn't realize that it worked like this with our device and didn't get why my inclusions were ignored... Android doesn't care about your kernel includes unless you tell it to now. In the olden timey days we used a separate include directory, then that went away by building the kernel with the ROM, now apparently you have to string specify functions from include files from the kernel.

This means that things like hbr and PRISM will be exposed to framework and we can use CMU without dropping frames.

This is AWESOME news, this means that we now have one central interface for everything from individual CPU setups to GPU rendering programming.

I think there is someone on Liquid looking at Tegra.

Sounds really extremely promising. I'm curious, if LS Lollipop will even work better than LS KitKat, which already is great imho.

Sounds really extremely promising. I'm curious, if LS Lollipop will even work better than LS KitKat, which already is great imho.

I would say that there is a lot of updated code that will allow that but that isn't even the big part.

As soon as i have all things implemented in 3.4 we can use all of the Tegra4 blobs and this means blobs from new devices.

I've done quite a bit of testing myself on this and it works.

The result is a system that can basically run everything natively withe the exceptions of the hacks in the kernel that ... well it's the fastest there is anyway.

For the kernel i really need to complete the video updating because even though most do not realize this, in Tegra Chipsets it's highly dependant on the Cpufreq interface, you basically have to do both at once.

So, with a new implementation of ... well all of video where i wrote so much code that any nerd girl would melt if she saw it, and pretty much all of the hotplugging and cpufreq i suspect that it will be a nice place to let abyssplugV2 roam.

The nice part, in the old kernel was where it actually works in conjunction with the hotplugging, that took a bit or a rewrite but ... it takes more for this one, it'll be done though.

This kernel has support for both MPDecision and Intelliplug, it's a plug in option but from my testing the new implementation of cpuquiet and the native hotplugging is the best option, it just needs to be tweaked and coupled with a proper governor like AbyssplugV2.

Guest greece4E

I would say that there is a lot of updated code that will allow that but that isn't even the big part.

As soon as i have all things implemented in 3.4 we can use all of the Tegra4 blobs and this means blobs from new devices.

The result is a system that can basically run everything natively withe the exceptions of the hacks in the kernel that ... well it's the fastest there is anyway.

For the kernel i really need to complete the video updating because even though most do not realize this, in Tegra Chipsets it's highly dependant on the Cpufreq interface, you basically have to do both at once.

So, with a new implementation of ... well all of video where i wrote so much code that any nerd girl would melt if she saw it, and pretty much all of the hotplugging and cpufreq i suspect that it will be a nice place to let abyssplugV2 roam.

The nice part, in the old kernel was where it actually works in conjunction with the hotplugging, that took a bit or a rewrite but ... it takes more for this one, it'll be done though.

This kernel has support for both MPDecision and Intelliplug, it's a plug in option but from my testing the new implementation of cpuquiet and the native hotplugging is the best option, it just needs to be tweaked and coupled with a proper governor like AbyssplugV2.

aaall thats can give us more screen on time?

Thanks a lot man, after reading this I don't even feel I need to replace my phone anymore because of all lags now.