LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pasquale Lombardi

Elvis is not alive again.

Ooops, sorry, he's still dead. :(

Since year 33 d. C. seems no one is risen from death. Is someone expected to be today? Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

Guest Ottonet

hi sir mourta .. europa OS is out now .. andoid 5.0.2 version .. can you join on that dev? its totaly amazing .. i hope you can do something .. 2015 happy new year ..

https://www.facebook.com/4xnews

join us on fb page for new and update .. dont want to post a XDA site here ..

That is: Euphoria OS. (Too euphoric to spell-check)

Guest Mourta

hi sir mourta .. europa OS is out now .. andoid 5.0.2 version .. can you join on that dev? its totaly amazing .. i hope you can do something .. 2015 happy new year ..

https://www.facebook.com/4xnews

join us on fb page for new and update .. dont want to post a XDA site here .. 

I'll join no dev that cannot write C.

Well that and i don't want to write Java code more than absolutely needed and i found that i don't need to do that to get a working version of Liquid 5.0.2.

So...

Now if Adam77Root had been asking... or if i thought he would even want to be part of a project to 3.16 liquid 5.0.2 i would have asked him but i've already told him the door is open.

I'm going with liquid, if you want to use another ROM you'll probably have to use another kernel as well, almost no ROM is compatible with my kernel at this time, you'll have to rewrite the init files.

I might do that eventually, somewhere around 2023.

Guest Mourta

Since i've gotten questions from ... well pretty much all ROM devs except for the CM ROM (strange, huh?) i'm just going to leave this here.

I'm sticking with liquid until there is a good reason to move to another ROM and by good reason i don't mean donations, for those who have missed it i don't accept donations but do encourage people to give whatever they thought they would offer me as a donation as a donation to their favourite charity.

It is because it's simple enough for me to implement my own thing and use my own kernel and make it run really really well.

Guest bentiger91

How is the testing progressing?

I'm quite curious because i want to do one last update for my phone and i guess it will be your kernel+rom. :)

Guest Mourta

How is the testing progressing?

I'm quite curious because i want to do one last update for my phone and i guess it will be your kernel+rom. :)

Development of 3.4 (with the final upgrades) has reached and end point, at this point we are running the latest of the Tegra additions to the Android kernel and once i'm done cleaning it you should have a patch that anyone can apply to any new version.

We can only go so far with tegra3, some things have to remain, some things are already upgraded to the tegra4 drivers, most things are at 3.10 at this point in time.

Kernel wise, we're doing well, i'm just waiting for the last changes to be added to liquid so we can use it, i've pushed some commits both here and there (CM and AOSP) which are being implemented.

I just want one version to clear testing to stable and i'll release it.

You know what will happen if i release it with problems, even if i state what the problems are people will still whine and then eventually i'll just take it offline and just share it with a select group of friends.

Guest bentiger91

Development of 3.4 (with the final upgrades) has reached and end point, at this point we are running the latest of the Tegra additions to the Android kernel and once i'm done cleaning it you should have a patch that anyone can apply to any new version.

We can only go so far with tegra3, some things have to remain, some things are already upgraded to the tegra4 drivers, most things are at 3.10 at this point in time.

Kernel wise, we're doing well, i'm just waiting for the last changes to be added to liquid so we can use it, i've pushed some commits both here and there (CM and AOSP) which are being implemented.

I just want one version to clear testing to stable and i'll release it.

You know what will happen if i release it with problems, even if i state what the problems are people will still whine and then eventually i'll just take it offline and just share it with a select group of friends.

Sounds great, looking forward to it! :)

Guest Mayazcherquoi

Who cares what they say? There will always be idiots that don't read - it can't be helped.

Who cares what they say? There will always be idiots that don't read - it can't be helped.

I care.

If i didn't care i wouldn't have a testing team, if i didn't care i wouldn't work on improving anything, if i didn't care you'd be running Demetris's crap instead. ;)

Guest Mayazcherquoi

if i didn't care i wouldn't work on improving anything

How would not having a small testing team mean that you would no longer fix bugs reported to you?

I wouldn't be poking fun at the folks over at XDA, either. Your kernel(s) and ROM(s) have been in "testing" for over two months now with little to no progress or community updates, while the guys over at XDA seem to be powering along by providing people with Android Lollipop (and using the proprietary LG libraries) - do you see people whinging and complaining? No. It's pretty much all positive feedback with the understanding that it is pre-release/beta software.

Sorry if I'm too down-to-earth, these are just my observations from your activity here are MoDaCo. You've closed your public repository for your 3.4 kernel, and there are no repositories for these "supposed" other kernels either (3.10 and 3.16). And why you're maintaining three separate kernels is still beyond me.

Edited by Mayazcherquoi

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

How would not having a small testing team mean that you would no longer fix bugs reported to you?

I wouldn't be poking fun at the folks over at XDA, either. Your kernel(s) and ROM(s) have been in "testing" for over two months now with little to no progress or community updates, while the guys over at XDA seem to be powering along by providing people with Android Lollipop (and using the proprietary LG libraries) - do you see people whinging and complaining? No. It's pretty much all positive feedback with the understanding that it is pre-release/beta software.

Sorry if I'm too down-to-earth, these are just my observations from your activity here are MoDaCo. You've closed your public repository for your 3.4 kernel, and there are no repositories for these "supposed" other kernels either (3.10 and 3.16). And why you're maintaining three separate kernels is still beyond me.

The explanation is simple, people more observative can understand by theirself this. Mourta is not pointing to the immediate wow effect writing 5.0 or something similar on his works. Mourta is improving and update all codebase in such a way to have a kernel long life supported and fully upgradable.

This mean that if code is still not in his definite form is not useful to bugfix since codebase (Linux part) has still to be changed.

Is matter of planning: if you point to the wow effect you release crap and soon, if you want the quality time, experience and work are the keys.

Guest laufersteppenwolf

1) Do you know what's the difference between compiling a Lollipop ROM using 3.1.10 codebase, and compiling it using a 3.4 selfmade kernel (yes, SELFMADE, 'cause files and code in Mourta's 3.4 haven't been provided by LGE, but have been written directly by Mourta, starting from a pure vanilla 3.4 kernel and adapting it for our device, committing code from 3.10 kernel and inserting a lot of nvidia's tegra4 code, which need to be integrated with ROM's new code and old drivers used by our phone's components)?? I think you don't.

I can't talk for Mayazcherquoi, but I happen to know the difference... And you are right, there is a huge difference... You may have to specify a new defconfig in the device's boardConfig... Oh wait, that's already it, maybe it wasn't that much of a difference after all.

Fact is, if the kernel is working the compilation process of a ROM doesn't care about the kernel at all. And if the kernel is broken, well, then you have to fix the kernel but even in that case the way you compile a ROM still doesn't change a bit. I'd suggest you to read up on how a ROM gets compiled before trying to fight with other people publicly, because otherwise it may just end up the other way around as you would have wanted it to turn out ;)

Furthermore, I would also suggest you to look into the kernel sources before making statements about it, because I do have a question: How come other kernels have the exact same code included, but committed way earlier than on this 3.4 kernel if Mourta wrote all the code by himself? Because frankly, I have no idea how that could be possible, but maybe you do?

Guest ottomanhero

@laufersteppenwolf
"Fact is, if the kernel is working the compilation process of a ROM doesn't care about the kernel at all. And if the kernel is broken, well, then you have to fix the kernel but even in that case the way you compile a ROM still doesn't change a bit"

I'm pretty sure that Mourta implied that the ROM needs (a) special flag(s) to work with the kernel, not sure if this was for future versions or this kernel but mourta should have more info on this.

Stop putting all the blame on Giuseppe, he is just trying to clarify things up.I'd also suggest you to read more on how to compile ROMs that work properly without half of your applications crashing constantly.Otherwise it might just end up the other way around  ;)

What I don't get here is, why are you guys poking here at modaco? Mourta left XDA just to get away from You and share his work somewhere quiet.
@Mayaz You are bitching and whining he doesn't make his code public, creating drama helps him do that?

Guest Mayazcherquoi

Mourta, to be honest, worked on 3.4, 3.8 and 3.10; now he's backporting code from 3.10 to 3.4, almost all the code is being turned into 3.10 code. That's the goal he's achieving, atm, and the patchset has to come yet. Hope to have been clear enough, once for all, now.

Thank you. That's all I wanted to know. :)

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

Now we all achieved a goal: the wow effect (as someone was already known able to do it).

OK, to define all the Mourta code wrote "by himself" may be unexact. But we are not doing a literal matter.

Before to know how Mourta works i used to cherry-pick around and then tell "i did my kerneel" ! Literally i did nothing of mine.

We can clearly see that maybe mourta is taking in part some coded wrote by others too. Ok, it's true, but do we talked about "adapt" and hw drivers not updated? Well there is it too.

But wait, the average people populating xda can just tell "i tested and works flawlessly! Thanks dear dev you are great". Common users can't make by theirself any distinction of that if calls any people releasing (publishing) stuff in that forum "dev" just because lot of stuff is put in "original development" by "moderators" that in first person are not making this distinction manipulating the hopinion of people who can't judge by himself.

So mister @laufersteppenwolf comes here to feed a drama not to defend honestly his work but to defend how is manipulating people to make believe "all" the work published in original development of his forum is done originals devs while, the facts states there's one or at plus two real devs.

The mister went in the wrong place to achieve this goal. We are sufficiently informed by ourself to distinguish a crap from a crop. For this we follow development of mourta in a separate forum where things can be stated and clarified totally without risking the ban of someone who can't accept the pure and simple truth showing obsessions of omnipotence just because he is a MOD in a popular internet forum with millions of visits and has to defend "image interests" more than development interests.

Lot of people called devs in xda are kids who plays to little mad developer taking paternity of things they have not done. As one of them wrote "open source does not mean out of respect" but if who talk is the first who doesn't act like this i guess no one can trust this one.

But having a clean space out of "image and visit" interests (what i call to make it easy "wow effect") we can finally talk not about "how to moderate a forum policies" but about "real development" and maybe someone can really learn something.

Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

Guest ottomanhero

@laufersteppenwolfT

The funny part is my friend, any grouper based ROM  that is not based on your sources but based on adam's work are as fine as the official ones.So there is some reading you have to do indeed. I can remember telling you to talk with adam on how to fix it but it is obvious you didn't do your reading yet you show up here tell others to do their reading.
This ROM is based on adam's sources mainly.And how is it only you working on grouper blobs all by yourself? Because if that was the case any grouper blob based ROM would be as bad as yours.Taking all the credit like your wannabe developer friend demetris huh? Have you tagged your name on commits you took from other developers like he did too?

Hmm what do I see here? It writes 'stable'? Oh wait it can't be your thread because you would never type stable for a ROM in which apps don't even launch. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2609285 vanir
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2551006 cm11
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2625676 nameless

I'm too lazy to find more of those and any dev databased threads of yours include "stable" term in it.

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest awarner

Right bit of a tidy up to remove the arguments, accusation and general trolling with insults.

lets get back on topic please about the original topic.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Right bit of a tidy up to remove the arguments, accusation and general trolling with insults.

lets get back on topic please about the original topic.

Just an observation: you cancelled my reply to laufersteppenwolf's trolling, but not his original trollin' message ;)

Ty for having cleaned the thread, anyway.

Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest moneyvirus

Just curious how is testing going there has been told around new year we could see probbably some thing new, until now it remain silent testing still in progress?