[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL CM11 - 4.4.4] CM11 KKblade V , Port from N909 to Blade V

Guest gkalen

Hi gkalen,

Followed your instruction to the letter on the original post.

After flashing it goes to setup wizard but does not recognise the SIM i.e. does not connect to the Mobile Network (Lyca\O2 UK), both after applying UpdateToCM11 & CM11 KKbladeV-v2. It recognises my Wifi. I did not try anything else as the basics not working. I did wipe data before flashing both updates. Is it because Lyca run as roaming SIM on ZTE Blade V  (hence, it goes to chinese wizard automatically after displaying english first), weird.

I think I tried other ROMS before (LeWa) and worked fine alhough I did not like it so reverted to Virgin Stock ROM. Not really interested in Baidu although may try later.

I was hoping this would work as this is 4.4.4.

Just applied UpdateToCM11 and screenshots are below. I get the same when applying CM11 KKbladeV-v2 as well.

post-1038564-0-02995000-1419182977_thumb

post-1038564-0-71729700-1419182980_thumb

Edited by mar_uk

You must not wipe data on ...v2 , only at first update rom you have to wipe data.

The second rom you must flash it without wiping data , if you wipe data in second rom ( main rom ...v2 ) , then phone will not recognize your sim card .

At second rom you must wipe only cache and dalvik , if you wipe data this is your mistake.

The steps are ...

1. Do ALL wipes and format system , then flash "UpdateToKK" and reboot system after installation finish.

2. When rom boot , it wont ask you for PIN numper ... do not do anything , just turn the phone off again and enter cwm for second time.

3. Now , you have to wipe ONLY cache partition and dalvik cache ( DO NOT WIPE DATA AGAIN ) , then flash the main rom "KKbladeV-v2" , reboot phone and you will see PIN screen and rom will work without problems now .

Edited by gkalen

Thanks gkalen, followed your revised steps, its working now.

Looks good, hopefully the front camera will be fixed (tried other camera apps and don't get option to switch camera).

Many Thanks

That's good !!!!

I was sure that you misunderstand the steps , rom works for all of us , i'm glad you made it !!!!

I'm looking everyday at chineze sites to find roms for our phone , the front camera bug exists for N909 users also , i have the latest CM11 update for N909 , though front camera bug still remains , it has some other fixes , i will upload it as soon as possible.

Regards....

Guest FeelSoGood

its something about baterry life or sd card(if i move any app on sd card i cannot see the app after a restart),if i install anysend,thats ask me to insert sd card,if i put sd card as main flash memory when i try to install any app tells me that i dont have enough space(and i have 32gb card-more than 20gb free)..any of this is fixed in last update?

its something about baterry life or sd card(if i move any app on sd card i cannot see the app after a restart),if i install anysend,thats ask me to insert sd card,if i put sd card as main flash memory when i try to install any app tells me that i dont have enough space(and i have 32gb card-more than 20gb free)..any of this is fixed in last update?

I really don't know what are exactly the fixes in latest CM11 , tonight i will start port the rom , the only thing i know is that front camera bug is still there , i hope there are more fixes in latest build.

You know that until yesterday i was working on Baidu rom , will see what's going on with CM11 in a couple of days ... i hope there are some fixes on latest CM11 ...

Guest FeelSoGood

I really don't know what are exactly the fixes in latest CM11 , tonight i will start port the rom , the only thing i know is that front camera bug is still there , i hope there are more fixes in latest build.

You know that until yesterday i was working on Baidu rom , will see what's going on with CM11 in a couple of days ... i hope there are some fixes on latest CM11 ...

u did a good job with BaiDu and the others rom's...and yes,i hope too

• 2 weeks later...

hi, any progress with update? :) phone freezing sometimes

edit: it is problem with cpu governor, phone after waking remains at 320MHz

Edited by sneer

Guest gkalen

hi, any progress with update? :) phone freezing sometimes

edit: it is problem with cpu governor, phone after waking remains at 320MHz

Update sucks , it has much more problems than current rom , so we'll stay with this for now and will see in future how it will go...

Phone is freezing sometimes ... just lock and unlock the screen and you'll be fine.

No problem with cpu governor , just make a choise to start at every boot.

I'm reporting not working compass and sometimes apps disappears

For compass , i don't test it , maybe you're right .

For dissapearing apps and widgets ... it's launcher problem , just change launcher and you'll be fine.

Guest gkalen

they disappears from settings too

I think if you change launcher , you will not have problems with apps , app shortcuts or widgets.

If you do a google search you will see by yourself that almost all cm11 roms has a lot of bugs, like camera bugs , dissapearing apps widgets and shortcuts , compass bug , tethering bugs , usb bugs and lot of other bugs.

I can say that our CM11 is more stable with minor bugs than others CM11 roms ... i can say that i'm glad to have this CM11 rom and i hope to have some fixes in future.

Guest bb_pink

I had the same problem with disappearance applications and shortcuts,but I solved the problem.It's seems that disappear just app moved to sd card.I created a second partition(ext4) on the sd ext card with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,I installed in the Phone Link2Sd from Google Play,I moved all app which I want in sd ext card and now not disappears app or shortcuts and i won more space to install new app.

Anyway,you did a good job Gkalen .

I had the same problem with disappearance applications and shortcuts,but I solved the problem.It's seems that disappear just app moved to sd card.I created a second partition(ext4) on the sd ext card with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,I installed in the Phone Link2Sd from Google Play,I moved all app which I want in sd ext card and now not disappears app or shortcuts and i won more space to install new app.

Anyway,you did a good job Gkalen .

Personally i didn't face any problem with dissapearing widgets or apps shortcuts cause i use TSF launcher with CM11 rom , i test it with other launchers and everything is well with any launcher except with default launcher which i don't like it anyway ...

Thank you bb_pink for your usefull post

• 5 weeks later...
Guest elskverdig

ive never flashed a custom rom on my phone, but it was super easy and fast to do with your instructions.

ive been using it for 2 weeks and i didnt really find huge bugs that havent been mentioned yet.

-i really miss the front camera and the focus, hope it will be fixed some time in the future.

-cm11 themes restore to the default holo theme after reboot, except for the pulldown status bar and quick setting tiles. (i dont know its names) i have to apply the holo theme and re-apply the custom theme to work again.

-the default bluetooth name for the device is ZTE N909, in the next update maybe you could change it to ZTE BLADE V, but it doesnt really matter, its just funny. :D

-some application dont load/FC right after loading (feedly and battle run), and calling on facebook messenger doesnt work for me, but i doubt these are the ports fault.

-sometimes my phones power button doesnt want to turn on the screen, i guess its the same problem sneer mentioned earlier.

-sometimes i have system ui crashes too. (but not too often, it happened on stock rom too.)

i have the disappearing icons problem too with nova launcher. when i connect to the computer with usb mass storage, then disconnect it, the apps on the sd card look like they disappeared from my phone. after a reboot they come back, but icons are still missing, have to import the screens from the backup.

just a small advice: the screenshots shouldnt be in greek, maybe its better to change the phones language to english until you take them.

i really hope you will continue with this project, because it made my phone hell a lot faster and more reliable, not to mention the benefits of kitkat and cm!

thank you very much!(:

Thanks elskverdig !!!!!

As you said it's really easy to flash a custom rom , you can try also some other rom to test it by yourself ... CM11 has some bugs but the other roms don't have bugs.

I will try to update the KKbladeV , maybe i need a week or two to make it , cause ( as i allready told ) new update it is not so good ( some fixes but also more problems ) and i must do only the usefull changes to this port.

Guest KRoman47

I have just flashed this ROM and I have two questions. The more important is, how can I access SD card in PC via USB? I can't see the option anywhere. Second is ART compiler, is it working?

I have just flashed this ROM and I have two questions. The more important is, how can I access SD card in PC via USB? I can't see the option anywhere. Second is ART compiler, is it working?

You can enable usb mass storage as in any other rom , just drop down statusbar and you'll see the option.

If you can't see the usb option then pull down the statusbar and hit the icon which is on the upper right side and you will see the option.

About ART , test it and tell me , i didn't check it.

Guest KRoman47

No, I mean how can I access SD Card in PC? In Stock Android when I connect USB will pop-up Android logo and I hit "mount SD card". But now I connect USB and there is only debuging, I can't access SD card in PC and copy files into it.

Another thing is sometimes popup Google Play stopped message.

EDIT: Another thing is ringtones. How can I set my mp3 ringtones on SD card? It can't play them. And Camera focus doesn't work either.

I think I have to get back to stock ROM. =/

Edited by KRoman47

No, I mean how can I access SD Card in PC? In Stock Android when I connect USB will pop-up Android logo and I hit "mount SD card". But now I connect USB and there is only debuging, I can't access SD card in PC and copy files into it.

Another thing is sometimes popup Google Play stopped message.

EDIT: Another thing is ringtones. How can I set my mp3 ringtones on SD card? It can't play them. And Camera focus doesn't work either.

I think I have to get back to stock ROM. =/

I told you , the same way as you did with other roms.

Drop down the statusbar and tap the icon on the right , and you will see mass storage on notification bar.

I don't have FC on Playstore.

Camera focus bug , we told about that bug.

Anyway , you can try some other rom , for me stock rom is just sucks....

Edited by gkalen

Guest KRoman47

Maybe I will try it another time. I'm using this phone at my job, it looks very smooth but I even can't change ringtones. It just show "file" and play some default song which I almost can't hear.