[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest andy1971

Oh while im on here did manage to crash this firmware lastnight listening to music for around 4 hours and it went and shut-down (battery was fully charged) as it was in the wall charger.

Had to remove battery adn restart.

Guest trickett93

curious but did u root the phone first?, not sure if yours is rooted like the zte open c (some models) are.

yeah i rooted the device before i started to flast cm12 i checked that the root was working, however i seem to have no screen functions on both cm11 and 12 which i find odd 

Guest andy1971

yeh that is odd, try reinstalling it by, first  going to mounts and storage -> format /system then wipe data and factory reset

sounds like something buggy went on, u did install google apps after?

Guest trickett93

yeah i installed the gapps straight after it boots up i get the updating android with the 93 apps then it loads to the set up and after that i have no screen functions what so ever 

my build number is zte kis 3 v1.5

Edited by trickett93

Guest trickett93

i will try to flash again now and see what happens, first time round i wiped data / factory reset, then format system then flast rom and apps 

rooted still no touch working on my screen

Edited by trickett93

Guest KonstaT

... however i seem to have no screen functions on both cm11 and 12 which i find odd 

Could you post screenshots of the Kis 3 Hardware Info app to the appropriate thread and/or dmesg from booting?

Sounds more like you have a different touchscreen hardware on your device.

Guest hecatae

OK, thanks for testing. :) There's one working dual-SIM CM12 build that I'm aware of but it still uses quite a lot of local patches (e.g. it has this rild socket change hacked in telephony framework instead).

I'll have the rild socket corrected in the next build (if/when there's one). It's still unsure if we still need to symlink that to rild1 again. It sure would be a lot easier if I had a dual-SIM device...

I'm running the 5.0.2 soaktest on my Moto E, same chipset, anything I can run to help with this?

Guest KonstaT

I'm running the 5.0.2 soaktest on my Moto E, same chipset, anything I can run to help with this?

No, and I've already dealt with the dual-SIM on Moto G anyway.

It's not going to be supported unless I get a dual-SIM variant of this device myself or there is an official Lollipop update. There's slim to none chances for neither happening.

I have messaged you the info as couldnt get a screenshot 

Huh, Android has native support for screenshots with volume down + power key combination. :o Or you can get the same info by running these commands listed in this post.

Guest skynetdev

I can't think of how flashing CM11 or CM12 could result in lost IMEI. :o You could try flashing a stock ZTE firmware a see what happens. I take you can't connect to network currently?

I just flashed  a stock ZTE firmware   and still get lost IMEI  :(

please tell me how can I restore IMEI?

Guest MedievalSp

Just registered in to say thanks KonstaT. Sick job.

On my thougths, i installed all the roms on my ZTE OPEN C just for the sake of testing.

I will share my words here, they come as they are, on MY phone, that is an "US" Model, ZTE OPEN C. It was sold by Movistar in Venezuela. My system is WIN XP SP3 32bits, and ADB Setup 1.3.

Ive followed your steps carefully, (Including backups) with requirements for each install. It worked as spected on most of the cases.

First i flashed CWM with your image
recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img
I had an issue with this. Everytime i wrote on ms-dos

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img

I got an error. Dont ask me why, it was just my luck. I tested this on a couple of phones, same results.
So my work around was unplugging USB Cable, shutting down the phone completely, plug USB Cable, then

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img

That way, CWM flashed correctly.

Then i made superuser.zip from SD, all fine.

EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip

I dont know who made that rom, but it was the fastest from all. It works very well, keyboard is good, comes with several useful apps. But after flashing it, i lost ROOT access, so i had to flash superuser.zip again. (That happened either if i selected dont fix root, or fix it before reboot). Works fine with [GAPPS][4.4.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)

CyanogenMod 11 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.4.4)

Solid and stable, everything works as spected. Very fast. Tons of options, very very good for advanced users. Works fine with [GAPPS][4.4.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)

CyanogenMod 12 - KonstaKANG (Android 5.0.2) Several tweaks on the UI, very good compilation, not as fast as Kit Kat. When i installed gapps-lp-20141228-core-signed.zip http://d-h.st/inV the phone turned too slow for my taste. I had to go back to 4.4.4 for final use.

Regards, and thanks for all this work!
Greetz from Venezuela.

Guest KonstaT

Standard camera works fine, ive never used HDR, just tried it and yeh as stated will freeze your phone.. Solution dont use HDR, not like takiing photos from this phone were going to be stunning anyways ;)

Actually I tested ZTE stock ROM and HDR mode doesn't work there either. It's not present in their stock camera app but it still appears e.g. in Google Camera and behaves the same way as here.

I've now created a camera wrapper for the camera HAL to remove the HDR option. Will be included if/when there's another build.

I just flashed  a stock ZTE firmware   and still get lost IMEI  :(

please tell me how can I restore IMEI?

QPST. This was just briefly discussed in the stock ROMs thread.

I'd still want to know what you did to lose IMEI. I don't think that can happen without using a Windows flasher.

Works on Zte Blade L2 ?

Of course not.

Guest skynetdev

QPST. This was just briefly discussed in the stock ROMs thread.

I'd still want to know what you did to lose IMEI. I don't think that can happen without using a Windows flasher.

I remember that tried to install Firefox 2.0 compiled via Ubuntu maybe that is the reason? When I installed 2.0 version I noticed that is with many bugs after that I returned on 1.4 of Firefox

Edited by skynetdev

Guest andy1971

Now ive lost all internet on my phone, my provider can see no reason for this.

Good new tried my sim on other phones - aint no internet / mms there now either, so its most likley the simcards crapped itself.

Ill let you know when the new ones arrived if this is indeed the problem

So hopefully thats why its been playing up - ill update when i get the new sim - 3 days ...

Worked on MEO SMART A16, camera with HDR, calls, wifi, bluetooth, everything i tested worked flawlessly. But since this phone is a piece of s*** its slow has badword. I even tried disabling the animations on the Developer Tools to see if it helped but no, 5mins to open Messaging App so now I'm reverting to your 4.4.4 

Great work friend!

Guest andy1971

Konstat - id like to inform you that my Mobile provider are a bunch of idiots, after 13 days of complaints someone realized they had my internet data switched off.

Good new now everything is working.

My apologies for thinking it was the newer build.

Andy

Guest TractorX

Yeah. The performance of 5.0 is just horrible. I thought google said that 5.0 is going to be the system for low end devices (512 mb ram), instead it performce way worse than 4.4.

Guest KonstaT

Yeah. The performance of 5.0 is just horrible. I thought google said that 5.0 is going to be the system for low end devices (512 mb ram), instead it performce way worse than 4.4.

Err, Google never said such thing about Lollipop.

Qualcomm does not support devices with 512mb RAM on Lollipop (1,2,3) so it's unlikely that this device will receive an official Lollipop update.

Guest TractorX

Err, Google never said such thing about Lollipop.

Qualcomm does not support devices with 512mb RAM on Lollipop (1,2,3) so it's unlikely that this device will receive an official Lollipop update.

Well, I have definitely seen a statement where it was said that lollipop was designed with low spec devices in mind... So I thought this means that it's going to be less heavy than KK.

Edited by TractorX

Guest KonstaT

Well, I have definitely seen a statement where it was said that lollipop was designed with low spec devices in mind... So I thought this means that it's going to be less heavy than KK.

No, it's KitKat you're thinking about. It wasn't designed for low-end devices either contrary to what everyone with a shitty device in the internet likes to think. They just introduced some guidelines for OEMs making those devices and added a public API for third party developers to identify low memory devices (to disable some memory hungry features from their apps). For many parts (KSM, zRAM, etc) that was already implemented in custom ROMs (including CyanogenMod) a long time before that.