[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest kziqe

Konsta Hello, I hope you help me, I started the ZTE OPEN C from fastboot and I installed CWM and CM, and CM12 has left me "imei 0" I have reinstalled and 4 times today and also says "has stopped the application, interface system user "... You Might help me please not do more because I've done everything as indicated ..

Guest KonstaT

Konsta Hello, I hope you help me, I started the ZTE OPEN C from fastboot and I installed CWM and CM, and CM12 has left me "imei 0" I have reinstalled and 4 times today and also says "has stopped the application, interface system user "... You Might help me please not do more because I've done everything as indicated ..

Have you read this? You need to have a KitKat modem for this ROM to work.

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

If you've updated to KitKat first and you can connect to network, you haven't really lost IMEI either. I don't see how you could lose IMEI by flashing ROMs in recovery (I think you'd need a Windows flasher to do that).

Guest kziqe

being sincere, use "FFOS" because with ADB kitkat did not recognize me, "did not recognize me" Device "and" FFOS "Press" Volume Down + Power on "if I ... How do ADB recognizes that Acknowledge me ADB Kitkat ... ??? :blush: and sorry if upset

Guest KonstaT

being sincere, use "FFOS" because with ADB kitkat did not recognize me, "did not recognize me" Device "and" FFOS "Press" Volume Down + Power on "if I ... How do ADB recognizes that Acknowledge me ADB Kitkat ... ??? :blush: and sorry if upset

I'm sorry but I can't understand half of that. Make sure you've enabled USB debugging under developer options and you have the appropriate USB drivers installed on your computer.

Guest KonstaT

again, did everything, and writing in ADB, and Recovery Installed ... Only Lacking Rooting, You will have something to do with that comes IMEI 0 ??http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/150328043638790195.png

But have you flashed the FFOS->Android package? FFOS is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and you need to update your firmware to Android 4.4 Kitkat first. Network is not recognized in any of the ROMs you find in this forums unless you update to KitKat modem first.

If you've already done that, I honestly don't know what has caused you to lose IMEI. AFAIK IMEI is stored in NV memory and that is not touched unless you use a Windows flasher.

Guest kziqe
I have done the following, correct me if wrong ..:
1 'package install android 4.4kitkat
2 'install CWM from ADB
3 'install from SD CM in Recovery Mode
4 'install Google Apps
5 'reboot ..

finish

Guest KonstaT

I have done the following, correct me if wrong ..:
1 'package install android 4.4kitkat
2 'install CWM from ADB
3 'install from SD CM in Recovery Mode
4 'install Google Apps
5 'reboot ..

finish

Yes, that's about right. Do you still see your IMEI in the stock Android 4.4.2? How about if you restore stock Firefox OS? This is only a problem in CM?

You have a Venezuelan Open C? Have you used a Windows flasher at some point?

Guest kziqe

everything ought to root !!!! Important .. fall into the conclucion. "Importance of root in progress" and solved !! 100% Konsta, Thanks, hope still call you in the future blessings.

Guest KonstaT

everything ought to root !!!! Important .. fall into the conclucion. "Importance of root in progress" and solved !! 100% Konsta, Thanks, hope still call you in the future blessings.

Glad you sorted it out. :) But again, I can't understand any of this. :P Maybe you could explain it a little better and it might later help people with a similar issue as yours.

Guest kziqe

Sure, just let me install a package of more updated you uploaded, because the come down was the first and has Bug on camera. and I build an explanation of what happened to me and how to solve it :D  :D

Guest Aseieil

Thanks Konstat for your new build but i have one problem with every rom (CAF, Kitkat 4.4.4 and lollipop), exactly sometimes touchscreen didn't respond (on CAF) or the whole cellphone is just dead (for example alarm didn't work and screen is black, people can't call me - kitkat 4.4.4 + lollipop) and i have to remove battery. I don't know if this is a hardware or software problem, can You help us (users) ; ) or do You think that it can be fixed in Your newer builds? Best regards for You! 

Guest KonstaT

Thanks Konstat for your new build but i have one problem with every rom (CAF, Kitkat 4.4.4 and lollipop), exactly sometimes touchscreen didn't respond (on CAF) or the whole cellphone is just dead (for example alarm didn't work and screen is black, people can't call me - kitkat 4.4.4 + lollipop) and i have to remove battery. I don't know if this is a hardware or software problem, can You help us (users) ; ) or do You think that it can be fixed in Your newer builds? Best regards for You! 

I honestly can't remember when my device has frozen like that the last time. Not once this year at least. :) I haven't received any reports of such issues lately either. Your problem could be something releated to hardware differences between devices or simply usage patterns between different people.

If there's an issue I can reproduce and debug myself, chances of fixing it are of course much better. Issues that I can't reproduce or haven't noticed otherwise, I need help from you (the users) to provide logs (logcat, dmesg), exact steps how to reproduce the issue, hardware information of your device, etc.

It would also help if you could narrow down your issue to some specific hardware usage. E.g. only happens when wifi is on - never freezes with wifi off, same thing with bluetooth and gps, happens only after using the camera, and so on. We previously had a similar freezing issue with wifi and it was a member of the community who figured it out that it was related to weak wifi signal (device froze when moving out of range of the wifi network it was connected to). That issue was resolved soon after that...

Guest KonstaT
New build.

cm-12-20150329-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:2c556c124c3a0a4b5df16311935149bf

-hack/fix playing custom ringtones from sdcard on incoming call
-new msm8610 specific power HAL
-fix glitch in short notification/ui sounds
-build iris fm and pronto wlan drivers into kernel and disable modules support (we're going moduleless :P)
-patch CVE-2015-1420 and CVE-2014-8173 in kernel
-add optimized memutils in kernel (thanks to Motorola)
-update Adreno drivers

Guest Aseieil

On this site http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2812870.htm someone told that "screen freezing is common" 

On polish site http://www.mgsm.pl/pl/katalog/zte/kis3/opinie/ZTE-Kis-3.html the people says that have often problem with freezing touchscreen

I've got phone from Polish Polkomtel v1.4

LCD panel:

IC:ILI9806C+TXD; Glass CMI;

Touchscreen:

name: goodix

i2c address: 0x5d

IC type: goodix GT968

firmawre version:968_1060

module: LiHe

crashes randomly one time for week or more after phone lock; for example I've got phone on wall charger for night and on the morning I want to unlock the phone and screen didn't respond; 

that happens after your wi-fi fix too exactly on your builds:

caf - i can wake up phone but screen didn't respond 

cm11(4.11) - the screen don't even respond on power button it looks like shutted down

cm12(17.03) - screen is turning on for 1 second and automatically turning off helps only battery remove

So 

For now I've got Your cm11 build from 27.03 and works fine from 2 days

Guest KonstaT

On this site http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2812870.htm someone told that "screen freezing is common" 

On polish site http://www.mgsm.pl/pl/katalog/zte/kis3/opinie/ZTE-Kis-3.html the people says that have often problem with freezing touchscreen

I've got phone from Polish Polkomtel v1.4

LCD panel:

IC:ILI9806C+TXD; Glass CMI;

Touchscreen:

name: goodix

i2c address: 0x5d

IC type: goodix GT968

firmawre version:968_1060

module: LiHe

crashes randomly one time for week or more after phone lock; for example I've got phone on wall charger for night and on the morning I want to unlock the phone and screen didn't respond; 

that happens after your wi-fi fix too exactly on your builds:

caf - i can wake up phone but screen didn't respond 

cm11(4.11) - the screen don't even respond on power button it looks like shutted down

cm12(17.03) - screen is turning on for 1 second and automatically turning off helps only battery remove

So 

For now I've got Your cm11 build from 27.03 and works fine from 2 days

First link is broken but I found the page anyway. The comment "screen freezing is common" doesn't refer to CyanogenMod or any other custom ROM. More likely it even means it happens on the stock firmware. I couldn't find anything about any freezes in the second link (Google translate). CyanogenMod is mentioned only once in context that you can install it on the device.

If you already have this problem on stock firmware, installing a custom ROM isn't likely going to help either. There's also been reports of 'incoming call freeze' issue which is reproducible on stock Firefox OS, stock Android as well as custom ROMs on some Open C devices. This would more likely indicate some strange hardware related issue.

If there really is device freezes caused by a kernel panic (for some reason this device freezes where any other device would just reboot :o), likely suspect would still be the wifi driver. CAF build has a kernel that is closest to the original source code ZTE released. It's basically only patched to support the open source wifi driver (same wifi driver we also use in CM but the kernel itself is much more patched in CM builds). CAF build has a stock kernel add-on that also has the original wifi driver from stock firmware. Maybe that combination (CAF+stock kernel add-on) is something that you could test? If it happens then too, it's likely not related to anything I've done and in that case there's probably nothing I can do about it either.

Guest Aseieil

Yes It was about stock firmware in this two links, I'm sorry that I didn't wrote about it. For me first link works : / dunno

I will test Your idea and give You answer after a week! Thanks for reply ; )

Guest Durreau

Does anyone have "pico gapps for 5.0.x"? Can share?

Because here thread closed and can not download.

Same for 4.4.x, the developer take a break and freeze all the files. And I need the Pico Gapps for KitKat :(

Edited by Durreau

Guest okmikel

New build.

cm-12-20150329-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:2c556c124c3a0a4b5df16311935149bf

-hack/fix playing custom ringtones from sdcard on incoming call
-new msm8610 specific power HAL
-fix glitch in short notification/ui sounds
-build iris fm and pronto wlan drivers into kernel and disable modules support (we're going moduleless :P)
-patch CVE-2015-1420 and CVE-2014-8173 in kernel
-add optimized memutils in kernel (thanks to Motorola)
-update Adreno drivers

Now nearly a day on your new build, works great and battery life seems improved, now about 84% at the moment, with the previous build it was about 10% less. It is now about the same as CM11 for me.

Thanks again for your work.

Edited by okmikel

Guest Azis Naufal

Hi,

Can someone help me? I want to port this rom to other msm8610 device, MITO A310. I've been porting the kernel, but I can't read or mount the storage (internal/External). And i've got serious problem about hwcomposer, gralloc, surfaceflinger and media. This is my logcat. 

logcat.txt

Please help me.

Thanks.