found hudl2 compatible flash tool via fastboot

Guest opensauce

Guest welshblob

I might bid on the original one but not sure if i'll go much higher than what it currently is. They seem to go around the £20 mark. Unless anyone else wants to bid. 

Where is everyone located, I'm in Fareham 

Guest opensauce

I'm currently thinking that linux dd command and if I remember rightly partition can be md5 sum.

Thinking of dd to sd card then md5 the partition against sd card- if they match flash back to device.

I have full terminal emulation on hudl 2 and permissions are working now

Guest glossywhite

I'm currently thinking that linux dd command and if I remember rightly partition can be md5 sum.

Thinking of dd to sd card then md5 the partition against sd card- if they match flash back to device.

I have full terminal emulation on hudl 2 and permissions are working now

"dd" is a good choice, but "cat" (concatenate) could also do it:

cat /path/to/block/device > /path/to/backup.img

Watch out for your block sizes, too...

Edited by glossywhite

Guest opensauce

Okay I received an email from a company who disassembled a hudl2,very kindly they have told me it appears to be W25Q64FW (64M-bit) and supplied data sheet.

So in theory android can flash bios andhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/teclast-x98-air-3g-tablet-9-7-2048x1536-t2913035/page139 uses same bios chip- but they are bricking it currently

I found eclast air has X98Air3GDuala.bin which flashes to 60% and never finishes-but hudl2 unaffected.

also some roms have IFWI update tool (flash from android)

W25Q64FW.pdf

Edited by opensauce

• 2 weeks later...
Guest opensauce

It appears a signed boot loader as in theory fedlet (fedora uefi signed baytrail) should boot- all I get is warning and okay.

With otg adapter it so far on powered hub hadn't progressed further- no keys on keyboard get into bios.

Some baytrail tablets need bin file update to unlock bios, I did consider dell venue 7 or 8 as a possibility- but no luck flashing.

I believe hudl2 has winbond bios chip

• 2 months later...
Guest opensauce

Currently I believe there is only 2 ways of any further progress

1) signed bootloader update

2) possibly reading bios with chip reader and hot air rework tool to change bios chip with one programed with insecure boot.

I have tried OEM manufacturer unlock updates on hudl2 without success, this leads me to think that they are model specific.

Also I haven't run intel drivers again, but since last update access to bios lock screen seems restricted.

From what I read otg adapter, F11 and a bios without security policy enabled is way forward- however we need a bios file from pegatron device that can be swapped from android to windows and signing compatible.

If anyone has any Ideas happy to discuss or try within reason

• 1 year later...