[DEV][ROM][18.1.] CyanogenMod 12 - KonstaKANG (Android 5.0.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I don't know about your build but these guys seem to have fixed the dual-sim in unofficial, you might wanna check!

http://forum.xda-dev...mod-12-t3000535

And what do you think I was referring to? Those guys did exactly what I said would work on the previous page. ;)

I'm interested in knowing if it works on the build from the first post of this thread. I would appreciate if someone could test and report back. :)

Guest Xicorified

And what do you think I was referring to? Those guys did exactly what I said would work on the previous page. ;)

I'm interested in knowing if it works on the build from the first post of this thread. I would appreciate if someone could test and report back. :)

You can ask users on xda for testing, it will be more feasible than here to be honest! Open a thread there?

Guest igorsouza

Made a account just to say that its working flawless in XT1033 to GPE with single sim working, just made a clean install and by now everything its OK.

EDIT: And Pleeease, continue with the great work! Will get this as my daily ROM now :)

Edited by igorsouza

Guest KonstaT

You can ask users on xda for testing, it will be more feasible than here to be honest! Open a thread there?

No, I'm not going do that for various reasons. ;) I don't mind if someone posts my ROMs there as long as it clearly states who made it and where it's from (=link to this thread).

Made a account just to say that its working flawless in XT1033 to GPE with single sim working, just made a clean install and by now everything its OK.

Thank you for testing. :) That I did already know though.

What I'd still be interested to hear, does it work on a regular dual-SIM xt1033 (not converted to GPE)?

Guest igorsouza

No, I'm not going do that for various reasons. ;) I don't mind if someone posts my ROMs there as long as it clearly states who made it and where it's from (=link to this thread).

What I'd still be interested to hear, does it work on a regular dual-SIM xt1033 (not converted to GPE)?

I think he meant for you to send a PM for the testers of other roms where dual sim works... Actually I cant test it now cause I hate my phone as a dual sim and i prefer to use as single and you rom is perfect for me :P

Guest Xicorified

Its detecting 2nd sim partially (I can see the name) even on single firmware. Wait I will test it for you, converting to moto stock 4.4.2

After testing- no it's not detecting any sim on dual sim firmware, it stucks at "Activating Sim" and then fails in the end. Rest all are working

Edited by Xicorified

Guest KonstaT

Its detecting 2nd sim partially (I can see the name) even on single firmware. Wait I will test it for you, converting to moto stock 4.4.2

After testing- no it's not detecting any sim on dual sim firmware, it stucks at "Activating Sim" and then fails in the end. Rest all are working

OK, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to test this. Much appreciated. :)

I guess it's time to investigate if only the RIL related blobs can be updated from Lollipop and does it have any negative effect on signal/stability/etc on KitKat baseband. I'd still rather wait for the official Lollipop OTAs and kernel source. I can't promise dual-SIM support anytime soon especially as I don't a have device to test with.

Guest igorsouza

OK, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to test this. Much appreciated. :)

I guess it's time to investigate if only the RIL related blobs can be updated from Lollipop and does it have any negative effect on signal/stability/etc on KitKat baseband. I'd still rather wait for the official Lollipop OTAs and kernel source. I can't promise dual-SIM support anytime soon especially as I don't a have device to test with.

Actually sometimes the phone takes too long to get the network after being sometime with signal or it take but internet connection does not return (like in the train station) so i have to put it on airplane mode or reset it.

Guest extinction_nick

okay so running your rom a few problems I faced. first would be the major show down at times especially during the use of apps like Snapchat. second is the lack of root I can't use apps like adaway and titanium. If I was supposed to flash the root file again my bad for bringing it up. (but do specify it :p)

Guest KonstaT

okay so running your rom a few problems I faced. first would be the major show down at times especially during the use of apps like Snapchat. second is the lack of root I can't use apps like adaway and titanium. If I was supposed to flash the root file again my bad for bringing it up. (but do specify it :P)

FAQ - third post. CM just recently implemented built-in root management. I'm not sure how complete it is yet. My device has frozen with an app requesting root permissions at least once. I think you can still flash a SuperSU zip in recovery if you want to use that instead.

Many individual apps might still not have been updated to have full support for Lollipop. Remember that you're in the 0.1% of all Android users that are even running the latest and greatest version of Android at this point. ;)

Guest extinction_nick

FAQ - third post. CM just recently implemented built-in root management. I'm not sure how complete it is yet. My device has frozen with an app requesting root permissions at least once. I think you can still flash a SuperSU zip in recovery if you want to use that instead.

Many individual apps might still not have been updated to have full support for Lollipop. Remember that you're in the 0.1% of all Android users that are even running the latest and greatest version of Android at this point. ;)

I'll flash the SuperSU file and let you know if any problems pop up.

Edited by extinction_nick

Guest igorsouza

I'm experiencing some bugs with the heads up notification, sometimes it appears but doesn't disappear, staying in the top of the screen until i swipe it. I saw that in some cm build they implemented the heads up and added some cool things, can you please implement it in your rom? Using it as my daily driver, one time or another i get a reboot but despite this the rom is flawless and very stable. Thank you very much!!

Guest KonstaT

Is this rom supposed to work properly on Lollipop's bootloader?

Should work as much as any other custom Lollipop ROM at this point (Motorola hasn't released Lollipop kernel source yet). Haven't tested that myself of course.

Guest andogeek10

Is this rom supposed to work properly on Lollipop's bootloader?

This ROM works perfectly on the lollipop boot loader.

To the dev, this an amazing work and much much better than most of the lollipop ROMs out there.

Guest KonstaT
New build. This is actually coming redundant pretty quickly. I'm not sure if it's worth releasing these builds much longer. Official CyanogenMod nightlies are really good (when not broken for some reason like today) and there's really not that much these builds have over official CM (it's even the opposite considering few things). Plus, you'll have a new build every day when I'm more adjusted to releasing stuff on weekly/monthly basis. ;) We'll see...

cm-12-20150118-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-falcon.zip
md5:635cbf457e920a5d212e20c8cbcf9ab1

-fix reversed left/right audio on headphones
-customizable quick settings tiles (merged)
-new theme engine (merged)

Guest KonstaT
I made a separate package containing Lollipop RIL proprietaries for those who have already received and official update to Lollipop or have flashed a Lollipop modem. This should also fix dual-SIM for those with xt1033. I've tested these on my xt1032 as well and haven't noticed any major issues besides some unexpected log spam and SIM PIN query takes longer to appear after a reboot than with the KitKat blobs. I'd still rather wait for my device to be updated to offical Lollipop before including these in my builds.

cm-12-Lollipop-RIL-KonstaKANG-falcon.zip (for xt1033 dual-SIM or devices with Lollipop modem)
md5:9e21b2161cc0decfd387e498f538e393

Guest igorsouza

Everything working great in 18.1 build, i wish you would implement the heads up feature from cm official, like the time it is showed and the snooze options. BTW, thanks for the great work, you and your rom rock!

Guest KonstaT

Everything working great in 18.1 build, i wish you would implement the heads up feature from cm official, like the time it is showed and the snooze options. BTW, thanks for the great work, you and your rom rock!

Huh? Are you suggesting that I've removed some CM feature or what? :P Heads-up notifications work exactly like it does on stock Lollipop/official CM12.

Guest Droider007

Huh? Are you suggesting that I've removed some CM feature or what? :P Heads-up notifications work exactly like it does on stock Lollipop/official CM12.

that patch is working great on dual sim......is this patch already merged in official cm code?

also will that patch work on roms which are not based on cm and lacking dual sim support?

Guest igorsouza

Oooh, sorry, sometime ago i used a based cm rom and there was it, thought it was a cm feature, i'm so sorry  :mellow:

Sometime I experiencing the music player being killed but everything else its running perfect. Thanks again 

Guest KonstaT

that patch is working great on dual sim......is this patch already merged in official cm code?

also will that patch work on roms which are not based on cm and lacking dual sim support?

That patch is nothing but some proprietary files extracted from stock Lollipop. It's already been included in the official CM since 20150115 nightly. I didn't want to include them by default for the reasons I already explained.

It fully depends on the ROM if it will make any difference. If the ROM doesn't support dual-SIM, this patch isn't magically going to make it work.

Oooh, sorry, sometime ago i used a based cm rom and there was it, thought it was a cm feature, i'm so sorry  :mellow:

Sometime I experiencing the music player being killed but everything else its running perfect. Thanks again 

Heads-up notifications is an Android feature. It was already present in KitKat but it was 'hidden' be default. CyanogenMod only exposed it and made some additional settings for it. Google enabled it by default in Lollipop. If your display is on when you receive a call or an alarm goes off, you'll only see a heads-up notification. Settings have not yet been implemented in CM12.

Guest Anni Vogelfang

Dev, thank you very much for making this build! With this rom i can charge my phone when it is off. For some people it is bot an issue but i've got used to di that and i was avoiding lollipop roms because of that. For me all us working good so the only thing i can say is THANK YOU

Guest KonstaT

Dev, thank you very much for making this build! With this rom i can charge my phone when it is off. For some people it is bot an issue but i've got used to di that and i was avoiding lollipop roms because of that. For me all us working good so the only thing i can say is THANK YOU

Indeed, someone else has reported offline charging being broken in official CM as well (works fine here). Might look into what's up with that in official CM at some point.