[DEV][ROM][18.1.] CyanogenMod 12 - KonstaKANG (Android 5.0.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Xicorified

That's expected behavior during charging when certain battery styles, and percentage inside icon, are selected. Plug off your charger. ;)

Everything works well, but I'm getting heavy drain in battery in idle state. Around 15% drain during night. I'm keeping eyes on wakelocks and all but nothing seems suspicious. With some apps like trickster mod and no-frills, I saw that Maximum and Minimum frequency are staying at max all the time. Setting them 1190-300 mhz works for a while but after some while you check, they are locked at high states. It really is annoying cause it is draining battery like water everytime. Everything else is perfect, just this!

Device - XT1033 Converted to GPE with patched flashable kernel you provided for RIL

That's expected behavior during charging when certain battery styles, and percentage inside icon, are selected. Plug off your charger. ;)

Ah. My bad.

Great rom BTW. :)

Guest KonstaT

Everything works well, but I'm getting heavy drain in battery in idle state. Around 15% drain during night. I'm keeping eyes on wakelocks and all but nothing seems suspicious. With some apps like trickster mod and no-frills, I saw that Maximum and Minimum frequency are staying at max all the time. Setting them 1190-300 mhz works for a while but after some while you check, they are locked at high states. It really is annoying cause it is draining battery like water everytime. Everything else is perfect, just this!

Device - XT1033 Converted to GPE with patched flashable kernel you provided for RIL

CPU seems to scale just fine for me. Some apps might report false value for minimum freq (report current freq instead). Even CM11's performance settings does that.

I usually got around few days on my CM11 builds and I haven't noticed battery performance being drastically worse on this one. I have no reference what battery life is on other ROMs though (as I've never used anything other than my own builds).

post-834050-0-96670000-1420893325_thumb.

Guest KonstaT

Waiting for new build....also is there any progress on dual sim?

What's wrong with the current build? I still don't have a dual-SIM device so there's really nothing I can do about it. Pestering me for updates is not going to help either.

Hey konstaT.....moto g 2014 has working dual sim in cm12....hope u can find something interesting

Yeah, with Lollipop modem, Lollipop RIL blobs and the patch I submitted (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/84267/) it should 'just work™'. ;)

Guest Droider007

What's wrong with the current build? I still don't have a dual-SIM device so there's really nothing I can do about it. Pestering me for updates is not going to help either.

Yeah, with Lollipop modem, Lollipop RIL blobs and the patch I submitted (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/84267/) it should 'just work'. ;)

Well that doesnt seems to fix the dual sim cimpletely....its still not working as stated by ethan chen... But moto g 2014 users fixed their rill and dual sim was working by default....

Guest KonstaT

Well that doesnt seems to fix the dual sim cimpletely....its still not working as stated by ethan chen... But moto g 2014 users fixed their rill and dual sim was working by default....

Almost everyone has not yet received an official update to Lollipop (thus is still using KitKat modem) and ROMs include KitKat blobs.

Guest Droider007

Almost everyone has not yet updated to Lollipop (thus is still using KitKat modem) and ROMs include KitKat blobs.

Oh so u mean to say that if we are on lollipop baseband (dual sim) then if we flash cm12 then both sims will work??

Guest KonstaT

Oh so u mean to say that if we are on lollipop baseband (dual sim) then if we flash cm12 then both sims will work??

No, you'd still need the proprietary blobs from stock Lollipop as well.

Guest Droider007

No, you'd still need the proprietary blobs from stock Lollipop as well.

Ok...last ques...cant we have dual sim functionality on kitkat bootloader temperorily? :D

Guest KonstaT

Ok...last ques...cant we have dual sim functionality on kitkat bootloader temperorily? :D

Bootloader? Why not if someone who has a dual-SIM device wants to invest time/energy in making that happen. I'm not sure what's point as it would be for a month or a few as we'll be moving to Lollipop base soon anyway (as Motorola starts pushing OTAs in larger scale and releases the accompanying kernel source).

Guest KonstaT

I only have one question and that's if I can use pa gapps instead of the one supplied?

Yes, any Lollipop gapps should do. My package just has the core Google services framework required to sync your account and have Play Store. It just doesn't include any Google apps that can be downloaded from the Play Store instead (and you don't end up with duplicate apps in /system and /data if/when those system apps are updated).

Guest KonstaT
New build. Mostly just keeping up with upstream and minor polishes, not much even worth mentioning. Next dual-SIM hack to test included. I doubt it still works and this is my last viable idea I want tested. If/when it still doesn't work after this, don't even bother asking about it. There's nothing I can do about it without having a dual-SIM device to test on myself. I've now included the support for xt1033's converted to GPE though.

cm-12-20150111-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-falcon.zip
md5:f9ac5877730e793a26271d17c7a6420a

-include support for xt1033's converted to GPE
-fix 'Charge only' USB mode
-hide profiles from power menu for now

I currently only have two additional features (navbar height and battery bar). There's patches for both here:

ah alright.. btw there's a google commit which might fix memory leak issue which was not merged by cm yet:

https://github.com/Lethargy/android_frameworks_base/commit/e30ccdbeac2c53b04a389c7ffd8e9d500c93ef30

can you include it in next build? i'll now write it in smali to see if it fixes it and i'll report back if you want.

Guest KonstaT

ah alright.. btw there's a google commit which might fix memory leak issue which was not merged by cm yet:

https://github.com/Lethargy/android_frameworks_base/commit/e30ccdbeac2c53b04a389c7ffd8e9d500c93ef30

can you include it in next build? i'll now write it in smali to see if it fixes it and i'll report back if you want.

Is that the only one? I though there was a follow up patch and one after that and maybe even more... I know there's one already included in CM that should address this issue.

Is that the only one? I though there was a follow up patch and one after that maybe even more... I know there's one already included in CM that should address this issue.

well there are 3 commits actually but google (and cm too) merged only one which does not fix it (the one you think with st.release() added line).

though there are other 2 commits came out later next day and it should problably help too (even if there are not big changes).

1: https://github.com/lichti1901/android_frameworks_base/commit/987784787242cc24af939b87790549602ed93672

2: https://github.com/lichti1901/android_frameworks_base/commit/20c60ff7e8e4ce5cdc95d42a497ebb152af4ee69

Edited by xpirt

Guest KonstaT

well there are 3 commits actually but google (and cm too) merged only one which does not fix it (the one you think with st.release() added line).

though there are other 2 commits came out later next day and it should problably help too (even if there are not big changes).

1: https://github.com/lichti1901/android_frameworks_base/commit/987784787242cc24af939b87790549602ed93672

2: https://github.com/lichti1901/android_frameworks_base/commit/20c60ff7e8e4ce5cdc95d42a497ebb152af4ee69

And after all the patches, the combined diff is this:

--- a/services/core/java/com/android/server/display/ColorFade.java
+++ b/services/core/java/com/android/server/display/ColorFade.java
@@ -464,14 +464,13 @@ final class ColorFade {
             try {
                 SurfaceControl.screenshot(SurfaceControl.getBuiltInDisplay(
                         SurfaceControl.BUILT_IN_DISPLAY_ID_MAIN), s);
+                st.updateTexImage();
+                st.getTransformMatrix(mTexMatrix);
             } finally {
                 s.release();
+                st.release();
             }

-            st.updateTexImage();
-            st.getTransformMatrix(mTexMatrix);
-            st.release();
-
             // Set up texture coordinates for a quad.
             // We might need to change this if the texture ends up being
             // a different size from the display for some reason.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't look like it's doing anything.

Guest KonstaT
Did anyone get a chance to test the latest build on a 'real' dual-SIM xt1033? What I have in the latest build is I've reverted the relevant device change and hacked the telephony framework to hook to rild1 for the second SIM instead (like it was in KitKat). This is the last thing I'd like to have tested with KitKat RIL blobs.

Like I said in the previous page, dual-SIM should 'just work' if you use Lollipop RIL blobs and I see someone at XDA has now confirmed this. I'm not so sure that updating to Lollipop blobs is necessarily a good idea just yet though. I'd rather wait for the Lollipop OTAs to be pushed out on a larger scale (to update device's modem to Lollipop) and wait for the Lollipop kernel source to be released.

Guest Xicorified

Did anyone get a chance to test the latest build on a 'real' dual-SIM xt1033? What I have in the latest build is I've reverted the relevant device change and hacked the telephony framework to hook to rild1 for the second SIM instead (like it was in KitKat). This is the last thing I'd like to have tested with KitKat RIL blobs.

Like I said in the previous page, dual-SIM should 'just work' if you use Lollipop RIL blobs and I see someone at XDA has now confirmed this. I'm not so sure that updating to Lollipop blobs is necessarily a good idea just yet though. I'd rather wait for the Lollipop OTAs to be pushed out on a larger scale (to update device's modem to Lollipop) and wait for the Lollipop kernel source to be released.

I don't know about your build but these guys seem to have fixed the dual-sim in unofficial, you might wanna check!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/orig-development/weekly-cyanogenmod-12-t3000535