Battery percentage stays at 100% forever

Guest WOPR

My third Hudl2 is now messing about too. Went to bed last night and it was on 66%, used it this morning and it was still on 66% which isn't normal. Used it for a while, still 66%. Plugged it in for a few minutes and it charged to 68%. Used it for a while, stuck at 68%. I think that's me done now, 3 is enough and I'm sick of reinstalling everything over and over. What a farce of a product it's turned out to be.

Just called them and they didn't even want to know what the problem was even though I said it was my third one. Got my reference number so I'll be getting my refund today. Not sure whether to try a Nexus 7 (Argos sell them as refurbs for £117 on eBay) to replace it or just walk away.

Guest b00ster

My 2nd one has been reasonable for a couple of months.  Then with the update I now seen the 100% problem a few times, the latest only 2 days after doing a factory reset.  These problems really do get annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

And now my son's Hudl 2 is stuck at 11% and won't charge. I shall be getting a refund for this one too, 4 faulty devices in one household is a total joke. My Nexus 7 has been faultless since I got it.

• 3 weeks later...

UH-OH

My Nexus 7 was perfect until today when I happened to use my Lumia phone charger instead of the Nexus charger and the tablet is now jammed on 100% battery like my old Hudl was. WTF? Lollipop has same issues as KitKat?

Guest tferenc

I had the 100% battery bug, plus when on charge the fully charged light would always display, not the red one.

After a full factory reset, I still had the bug, so ran the battery down, recharged it and after a using it for a while it seems to be working OK now, but it is early days!

• 2 months later...
Guest JohnM1973

My h2 started this exact same problem yesterday. It will charge, but when battery is charged, it remains 100%, not very helpful. It is fully up to date with latest fw. Anyone found a solution to this problem? Don't really want to have to return it, as otherwise has been a great tablet so far.