China Phone Discussion [Part 2]

Guest SlyUK

Guest dakok

I had jiayu f1 and g2f for some time and the build quality is good.

If you can wait a little there's another phone to consider.

Lenovo Lemon K3 Note was presented few days ago and it could be a good choice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Maringer

I've decided the next phone I buy will be one with an excellent camera. Unfortunately, this may mean that I need to stop the Chinaphone purchases and go with a mainstream and therefore more expensive device.

I see the Samsung S6 is currently top of the charts for camera quality, but the newly-announced LG G4 looks to be very well specified in that department as well.

I can wait another 6 months or so before my next purchase, I think, so I'm hoping that we'll see better cameras coming from the Chinese companies in this time so I can save myself a few quid!

I suppose the Lenovo Vibe Shot may be a possibility if the camera is good enough, though I admit I was hoping for a more powerful processor. Rather underwhelmed by the Snapdragon 615 which seems inferior to the cheaper Mediatek alternatives.

I've decided the next phone I buy will be one with an excellent camera. Unfortunately, this may mean that I need to stop the Chinaphone purchases and go with a mainstream and therefore more expensive device.

I see the Samsung S6 is currently top of the charts for camera quality, but the newly-announced LG G4 looks to be very well specified in that department as well.

TCL M2U has the Sony IMX214. 

THL2015 has Sony IMX135.

Have a M2U on the way to me, so hopefully will find out how good the camera is soon.

Guest Maringer

I'm waiting for Optical Image Stabilisation to appear on the 'smaller' phones, hence the mention of the Lenovo Vibe Shot.

As it stands, all the Chinaphones with OIS appear to be built into phones of 5.5"+ and I've decided these are just too large for me.

Guest SlyUK

I'm getting the Xiaomi Mi 4i as my next phone, will have to wait for honorbuy, ibuygou etc however to stock it for shIpping to the UK.

Guest jamie_w

Just a warning on updates for Xiaomi phones. I've got the redrice and its a great phone but if your expecting regular official miui updates then font hold your breath. I'm still waiting for miui v6 , it was due February!!

Guest SlyUK

SlyUK

I doubt that mi4i will be available outside of India.

All other Xiaomis are available to purchase from unofficial resellers, so why wouldn't this model ?