LiquidSmooth 4.0 featuring new Mourta-Hybrid (2015-04-10)

Guest Mourta

Guest NothingSerious

@Superlamic yes the paople says me sometimes this xD no, not is very stable my english, i knew what you said but its configured nice at 320 dpi, its strange, i use cpu tuner for do run the rom with the normal freq and for save more battery, but would be the the rom like said mourta.

@mourta then you can t do much if its all for the consumption of the liquid smooth rom, then i will wait for this things for the slim rom, i m convinced what you will do a ultra fast rom with much battery with Slim rom :)

If you want more battery set CPUQuiet to Balanced via TricksterMod or whatever app you have.

Guest juantech

If you want more battery set CPUQuiet to Balanced via TricksterMod or whatever app you have.

i use cpu tuner and i m using ondemand in a range of battery saving, is this what you did refer or cpu quiet its other thing?

i dont understand, with cpu tuner the freq works with normality, moving me in the menu in 475 mhzmhz but i have the phone hot sometimes.

Guest tool_king

i use cpu tuner and i m using ondemand in a range of battery saving, is this what you did refer or cpu quiet its other thing?

i dont understand, with cpu tuner the freq works with normality, moving me in the menu in 475 mhzmhz but i have the phone hot sometimes.

As you already might have noticed, NothingSerious knows what he's talking about. If he tells you to set the "CPUQuiet to Balanced via TricksterMod", than just do it. Don't set CPU frequency or governors with CPU Tuner, but just set "CPUQuiet to Balanced via TricksterMod".

Don't complain if you won't get any further help from more experienced users anymore, if you don't do what they advice you to do, mate!

Guest juantech

As you already might have noticed, NothingSerious knows what he's talking about. If he tells you to set the "CPUQuiet to Balanced via TricksterMod", than just do it. Don't set CPU frequency or governors with CPU Tuner, but just set "CPUQuiet to Balanced via TricksterMod".

Don't complain if you won't get any further help from more experienced users anymore, if you don't do what they advice you to do, mate!

ok i will prove trickstermod, i was only asking i didn t know sure if cpu quiet is the governor.

Guest NothingSerious

@nothing serious

the temperature continues in the range of 40-60° but thanks the app its good.

Those CPU temps are normal (especially when the device is charging)

Guest NothingSerious

I was actually busy translating Slim. ^_^

(Why did I double post o_O)

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest Mourta

@nothing serious

the temperature continues in the range of 40-60° but thanks the app its good.

What you want to do is to use balanced as the cpuquiet governor and abyssplugv2 governor as your CPUFreq governor.

You can the apply the values you are using with ondemand to Abyssplug and have it relate to how both CPUFreq and Hotplug works.

For Trickstermod, just apply the values suggested and then go to settings (second icon on the right up top) and tap kernel settings.

The best way to set the governor settings (and also to control KSM) is under settings/performance/CPU where you will find governor settings.

A higher bias than 150 is not recommended.

A higher threshold than 400 000 is not recommended.

Idle bias should be 1

this will all be corrected in the next version where i'll make all of this is selected in the init.x3.rc and users shouldn't have to change anything at all.

Guest SuperLamic

Hi,

I have great news for you - I have succeeded with compiling omni with ArchiDroid optimalizations and SaberMod 4.8 for android gcc and ubertc 5.0 for kernel. Everything works great, so I think you can optimize the rom again without breaking poweramp :)

Guest juantech

Those CPU temps are normal (especially when the device is charging)

thanks for the info, is good know it, i will have no more fear of it xD

What you want to do is to use balanced as the cpuquiet governor and abyssplugv2 governor as your CPUFreq governor.

You can the apply the values you are using with ondemand to Abyssplug and have it relate to how both CPUFreq and Hotplug works.

For Trickstermod, just apply the values suggested and then go to settings (second icon on the right up top) and tap kernel settings.

The best way to set the governor settings (and also to control KSM) is under settings/performance/CPU where you will find governor settings.

A higher bias than 150 is not recommended.

A higher threshold than 400 000 is not recommended.

Idle bias should be 1

this will all be corrected in the next version where i'll make all of this is selected in the init.x3.rc and users shouldn't have to change anything at all.

ok i will try do it mourta, like allways you solving the things :), in the next version for what you sayed the rom will don t have bugs at all, why i think that was the only one xD (the others dont feels)

update

i tried your tip of abyssplug touching the cpu quiet and that was what i wanted, thanks mourta, now the 4 cores are running like i wanted.

Edited by juantech

Guest NothingSerious

what about multicore power save- is there any benefit of using it?(it appers in trickster mod)

Not at all.

It eliminates the kernel's "race-to-idle" purpose.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest Mourta

Hi,

I have great news for you - I have succeeded with compiling omni with ArchiDroid optimalizations and SaberMod 4.8 for android gcc and ubertc 5.0 for kernel. Everything works great, so I think you can optimize the rom again without breaking poweramp :)

Does it work with MX player?

It may be worthwhile to use an old compiler like if it actually works better than the current versions. The question is if the code is in any way faster than one compiled with a general O3 flag and UBER 4.9.

Guest SuperLamic

Does it work with MX player?

It may be worthwhile to use an old compiler like if it actually works better than the current versions. The question is if the code is in any way faster than one compiled with a general O3 flag and UBER 4.9.

yep, I tried it now and it works well. If you want I can send you the build in PM.

Guest tool_king

yep, I tried it now and it works well. If you want I can send you the build in PM.

Can you please tell us about your first impresisons about your Omni build so far? You know, bugs, battery life, smoothness, stability - just the usual things someone might want to know.

Guest SuperLamic

Can you please tell us about your first impresisons about your Omni build so far? You know, bugs, battery life, smoothness, stability - just the usual things someone might want to know.

heh, as much as I can say - it seems to me very similiar to pure AOSP, maybe I did something wrong, but even button leds are not working (moltenmotherboard dev had to implement it back in his aosp). I can't even change battery icon or show battery percentage, there are no settings for that. I think it's better to use other roms.

Guest tool_king

heh, as much as I can say - it seems to me very similiar to pure AOSP, maybe I did something wrong, but even button leds are not working (moltenmotherboard dev had to implement it back in his aosp). I can't even change battery icon or show battery percentage, there are no settings for that. I think it's better to use other roms.

Thank you, mate! ;)

This Rom is fastest lollipop rom I ever used , but because of overheat screen blacked out a few times and doesn't response just hard reboot works, phone always hot is this all about with just my phone did I make some mistakes ?

Guest tool_king

This Rom is fastest lollipop rom I ever used , but because of overheat screen blacked out a few times and doesn't response just hard reboot works, phone always hot is this all about with just my phone did I make some mistakes ?

Did you set CPUquiet to balanced?

Guest kdk12

you have to set CPUquiet to balanced and it's also better to change the cpu governor to abbysplug.

without setting them the phone overheating.

BTW,tool_king/mourta wanted to let you know that  few days ago iv'e used the phone as a portable hotspot and suddenly it shut itself down and rebooted with the CPUquiet and governer set to interactive and user space and overheated like hell.

Guest NothingSerious

you have to set CPUquiet to balanced and it's also better to change the cpu governor to abbysplug.

without setting them the phone overheating.

BTW,tool_king/mourta wanted to let you know that  few days ago iv'e used the phone as a portable hotspot and suddenly it shut itself down and rebooted with the CPUquiet and governer set to interactive and user space and overheated like hell.

All settings are reverted on a dirty shutdown(In case you set Trickster or whatever to set settings automatically on boot). Tethering is not working right now FYI.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest derders

someone would can say me if this rom is compatible with hdmi or hml? i want to buy one, thanks.

no it isn`t.  ... at the moment?  - Friend tried it but had black screen

LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16] works good with MHL adapter 

Guest Mourta

no it isn`t.  ... at the moment?  - Friend tried it but had black screen

LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16] works good with MHL adapter 

Either both should work or neither should work.

I have changed nothing what so ever in that part of the Kernel or ROM so if one works then the other works too. (and it did work last time i had the opportunity to try it)

If you have this kind of cable, could you please run a log on it for me?

I can't fix it if i don't know what is broken.

Edited by Mourta