Is a screen protector necessary?

Guest neilmasters

Guest jonathan bowley

I'm going to chime in yesyes, they are vital. I'd never used em until I shattered my OPO touchscreen only a few weeks after I'd bought it... I was gutted. Especially when I saw similar drops with a screen protector saving the screen.

Been without a smartphone until last few days with the SU6 (stay at home dad, wife's wage goes to saving for a deposit and paying off student debts). Tried using various relatives hand me downs (HTC ChaCha, HTC Desire HD, ZTE Blade III) but they were terrible, even with CyanogenMod and Link2SD.

The moral of this overly long tale is, always use a tempered glass screen protector! 

Guest ohyesman

I hate the flimsy protectors, not going to provide smash protection like the tempered glass ones which, as this phone does not have gorillia glass, is a wise investment (wouldn't bother if it did have gorilla glass) 

I've got one delivered from eBay and it isn't the best fitting. It could do with an extra half mm at top and sides but the worse bit is that it's about 2/2.5mm short from the bottom edge!! 

This is the one I ordered so avoid http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Premium-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-For-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-/381362541395?txnId=629959872025

Any one suggest a perfect fitting one?

Edited by ohyesman

Guest sloopjb

My tempered glass protector arrived a couple of days ago (two actually, one for me and one for my girlfriend, one of them arrived cracked but the other was fine so I've ordered another). The fit isn't perfect but it's close enough and it feels nice and slick without the drag you get from the plastic film screen protectors :) I used the cracked one to test it's scratch resistance and I've got to say I'm impressed. I had to REALLY try to mark it so I'm confident it's more than good enough for every day use. 

Cheers

Guest ohyesman

These aren't tempered glass but they are the absolute perfect fit, holes for camera, earpiece and light sensor and fitted to the very edges. If you don't mind standard plastic covers they are great

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01150M998?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Thanks but like I said I don't like those protectors.