New update Sept 15

Guest Flashingblade

I have information from a reliable source that the hudl is to be withdrawn. That's why I ran out and bought one.

I'm not surprised! The price dropped from £130 down to £99 and they started flogging off all the official accessories at reduced prices. I'm amazed there's still stock floating around, I thought Tescos had had enough of the Hudl2 by now.

Although I am just waiting for that leather/Bluetooth keyboard case set to drop to around a tenner! Can't believe they originally wanted £40 for that!

Guest dennissingh99

We might be better off guessing the replacements in the url

https://az655247.vo.msecnd.net/ota-octagon/v1.4.0rc2/hudl2_ota_20140924.194555_v1.1.1rc1-20150529.110309_v1.4.0rc2.zip","name":"20150529.110309","file_md5":"AAA81DD3C361A5DBEAA167A06ADE4920","datetime_released":"20150622.150000","version":"20150529.110309","file_size":"441298944","description":"Latest

If we could get someone who has the update to tell us the build no. (20150?? Etic) there is not a lot left to trial end error... Assuming th3y are using th3 same cdn 

All we need is someone with lollipop to do about tablet in options and post the build number value.. Its possible a screenshot on the forum already has that... Anyone want to check? 

G

were you able to find the update?

Guest dennissingh99
Not yet.. 76000 serials tried.

Why would they roll out lollipop if they were end of lifing it? 

Well they did roll it for some of the lucky users. Anyways please do post back if you find something. I really do think that tesco should unlock the bootloaders before completely ending the hudl2

I have information from a reliable source that the hudl is to be withdrawn. That's why I ran out and bought one.

I would have thought that's probably true as Tesco have already launched the Tesco Windows Connect Windows 10 tablet.

In this scenario, the future of any possible new hudl 2 replacement in my view is doubtful. 

If it had been spec'd with the same screen res as the hudl 2 I'd have already bought one.

Edited by Guest

Well my Dads Hudl2 which has already been lollipop'd and was working fine since purchase has now developed the battery percentage bug.

He told me that yesterday the percentage was stuck on 100% and he had no idea what was really happening until it switched itself off.

Guest Linternguy

Has anyone else actually got the update in the past week. I haven't and I'm still waiting

I have been checking for updates everyday since last week and have not received any update notifications. Takes the piss to be honest.

Guest popoyaya

Chill out children. It's perfectly reasonable to do a gradual release to test for bugs, of which there appear to be a few. Either it will be rolled out eventually or someone will upload the update here.

Guest Linternguy

It would be different if there had been a scheduled test which we then would of have known about. It is frustrating as a select few got the update first, I know it is not their fault the rest of us have yet to receive it but this way of updating keeps people in the dark and is unfair to the rest of us who really should of got the update the same time as the select few did.

Edited by Linternguy

Calm down, Beavis. Most vendors don't announce beta testing, because they get inundated by turbonerds who are the opposite to what a test needs: a good cross-section of users. I'm happy my sister got it, not me, because she just uses her H2, not walks the line of bricking it.

I can understand some user's frustrations at not being able to access this update, but I'd rather sit and wait for a fully working update OTA before jumping to a 5.x version. Hopefully the final publicly available to all OTA (small then larger main update by all accounts) will propel us directly to a fully working 5.1 build.

Then you'll have the wait for a rooting solution .......

Guest Linternguy

I just recieved a small 4mb update on my hudl 2, I checked again after that updated and it's downloading lollipop 5.1 now. It is a 1030mb, I'm not rooted so I can't capture it.

Screenshot_2015-09-28-15-07-42.png

Screenshot_2015-09-28-15-08-05.png