New update Sept 15

Guest Flashingblade

Guest George Styles

I think this might have gone to wider release... mine has just come through (although the battery needs to get charged back up to 50% to install it !!)

Im guessing i cant really do anything to help the community, given that others have now captured the update...

cheers

g

Guest theadmans

Now that it looks like this lollipop release is more general - can I repeat the query I posted earlier in this thread -

Lollipop is supposed to handle USB Audio natively. Has anyone on here tried a USB DAC with a Lollipop updated Hudl 2 (and does it work without the need for extra apps eg USB Audio Pro etc) ???

Guest Sparkey159

Would people like the files to root there hudl2 with lollipop as I will upload if people want it 

Wait, you have root on the lollipop update? Please share the files! A tutorial would be nice too. :)

Ouch! I just download the small 2.1.0 update which says it has fixed the 'flickering' problem I'd been having. Trouble is that it seems to have bricked my Hudl 2. It went through the installation process just fine, booted up as far as the 'Hudl' screen with the pulsating star and hasn't gone any further. Been sitting there doing that now for 10 minutes. I'm not rooted either and never have been.

Anyone got any clues about what to do?

Guest deweylewie

I just recieved a small 4mb update on my hudl 2, I checked again after that updated and it's downloading lollipop 5.1 now. It is a 1030mb, I'm not rooted so I can't capture it.

Screenshot_2015-09-28-15-07-42.png

Can anyone confirm that the disk gets encrypted like the dialog says? "Encryption applied by default"

It should be in Settings -> Security ->Encryption

Does it make you use a lockscreen?

Guest BlackenedEDIT

Encryption does get applied by default although you don't need to have a lockscreen the option is there to require a pin/pass/pattern on boot as well as on lock but it is not required